The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remembering Rick Rypien

Rate this topic

-DLC-

23 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Ryper's skating and hockey skills were grossly overshadowed by his ability to answer the bell...

Along with Bieksa's ongoing tributes to Rick Rypien, love this Burrows' tribute to Ryper...

That was part of the issue. He'd answer the bell but he didn't like to make a living out of it. 

What I liked is he'd do anything to stay with the team. I wish he had a bit more skill so he didn't have to rely on his fists. Maybe he'd still be around. 

Bottom line, is don't be afraid to reach out if you are having issues. Talk to a friend, family member. Lots of people who care about you will help you if you open up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

I Loved his spirit. 

You never have to feel alone or misunderstood, even when it feels like you are. 

we are all unique, there is no such thing as a cookie cutter human. 

Remind yourself why you are great, like everyday, when you can't do that for a while, you need help.

And it's normal to need help,  everyone in this world needs help.

if you don't know how to ask for help, ask a professional! There is People in this world whose only Job is to help you.

Don't believe the demons inside you trying to trick you out of your better Judgement. tune them out, and listen to yourself Breath for 1 Minute.

Now comes the hardest part dialing 10 digits, or walking into a pharmacy and talking to a pharmacist, or  a clinic or the emergency room. whatever's easier do  that.

It's gets easier from there kid, You got this!

You must be a dad...your kids are lucky to have a dad who's as encouraging as you.  I have one of those and am lucky for it, and as a dad-to-be, I hope I can be supportive and encouraging when it's really needed.

Sorry that you have to call Edmonton your location.

Rypien played with heart ever game and stood down from nobody...this team sure could use more playres that play with his kind of spirit, the league as gotten quite soft and its turning more and more into a euro type league sport.

RIP Ryp, you are missed!!

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Rypien played with heart ever game and stood down from nobody...this team sure could use more playres that play with his kind of spirit, the league as gotten quite soft and its turning more and more into a euro type league sport.

RIP Ryp, you are missed!!

This team has no one like Rypein.  Not even close.  

• 1 year later...