The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 02:00 AM

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Well as much as I hate to see Vegas succeed maybe now people will finally shut up about Colorado since they haven't done anything yet.

never stopped the media from talking about TOR.

4 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

never stopped the media from talking about TOR.

First of all, Toronto is a special case. That team could $&!# itself in a McDonald's and the media would still talk about how it was a smart decision. They're always going to get overhyped.

Second, I'm not talking about the media. I'm talking mostly about fans. Especially on this forum. Holding up the Avalanche as the ideal rebuild and why cant we be like that, ignoring the fact that to get there the Avalanche had to be a bottom feeder for longer than we've been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McBackup said:

First of all, Toronto is a special case. That team could $&!# itself in a McDonald's and the media would still talk about how it was a smart decision. They're always going to get overhyped.

Second, I'm not talking about the media. I'm talking mostly about fans. Especially on this forum. Holding up the Avalanche as the ideal rebuild and why cant we be like that, ignoring the fact that to get there the Avalanche had to be a bottom feeder for longer than we've been.

ah okay, wasnt sure which area you were talking about, but people comparing rebuilds is dumb in the first place so i get that, but was cheering for the Avs, i like there team minus-kadri, was rooting for them but if they were vs MTL im rooting against them.

3 hours ago, ey40 said:

I am not sure how Sakic feels seeing Semyon Varlamov led the Islanders to the Final 4 and his team went out in the second round again.

Islanders play such a strong defensive game that even big save Dave would have a shot at the Vezina wearing Islander colours.

Hell some people think that Lehner is real good, thanks to his time on the Island. :lol:

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, McBackup said:

Well as much as I hate to see Vegas succeed maybe now people will finally shut up about Colorado since they haven't done anything yet.

lol all year the colorado butt kissing was unreal, most people had already declared them the cup champs. as of right now, we went further in the playoffs last year (and against vegas) than the holy avalanche 

• Cheers 2

So many bitter and sensitive people here. 

The Avs are a great young team loaded with high end Canadians.  
They will be a force for years to come. 

There is no ‘perfect way to rebuild’.  
Toronto didn’t do it better than us.  
Colorado was awful for a long time.  
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

sure, playing at mach 3 all the time puts tons of pressure on the opposition and forces a lot of mistakes, but it also means you end up making more mistakes yourself and opens things up for opportunistic teams to rope-a-dope and counterpunch effectively. 

planning to win 6-4 in the playoffs is a bad strategy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Don’t get it but dissing a team in the final 4 when you’re already golfing is kinda sad.

And using your victory to take a potshot at a random team without any provocation is even more pathetic.

Edited by McBackup

4 hours ago, tas said:

sure, playing at mach 3 all the time puts tons of pressure on the opposition and forces a lot of mistakes, but it also means you end up making more mistakes yourself and opens things up for opportunistic teams to rope-a-dope and counterpunch effectively. 

planning to win 6-4 in the playoffs is a bad strategy. 

It's a philosophy that's as exciting as hell to watch, but you need a Grant Fuhr type goalie, who makes the big saves at the right time.  And the Avs clearly don't have that level of goalie.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's a philosophy that's as exciting as hell to watch, but you need a Grant Fuhr type goalie, who makes the big saves at the right time.  And the Avs clearly don't have that level of goalie.  

yeah, grubauer is fine, puts up really nice numbers, but I think mostly that's the product of playing behind really good teams. he's not the type of goalie who's going to win you many games on his own. 

What's strange to me is clearly these play-offs have highlighted the need for excellent goal tending come the play-offs. Great goal tending along with big defences. Why then didn't  clubs not take a closer look at Markstrom last summer. Seems to me TO and maybe other need to make that move for a top ranked goalie. Vegas depemded on Fleury as did Mtl with Price