• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

The Thrashers seem short of ideas, it's almost too easy for the Habs D. 2 or 3 touches and the puck is straight out of the zone. If  it carries on like this in the third Montreal will be happy to win it 1-0

Thrashers...ouch. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That Weber/Subban deal at the beginning looked like a good deal for Nashville.  As of right now that was one the biggest steals in recent memory and highway robbery for Montreal...

If Benning did that deal he'd be crucified for $7.86 million until 2026. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

what did he say i missed that part.

said that Perrault doesn't run around in the regular season like he does in the playoffs - because you have to 'answer' in the regular season for those 'big boy' hits.

his point is fair - but I'm not sure I agree entirely

Amping it up - and putting it all on the ice - higher physical risk - it also 'normal' in the playoffs - whether he has to 'answer' or not.

given the 'nature' of the way Perrault plays - not hard to understand why Juice would find him annoying -  but similarly, I'd 'expect' Roussel to step it up in the playoffs in a similar way as well...

edit: and to that point - Roussel had 44 hits in 41 games last season, and then 40 in 17 playoff games...

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

not sure Montreal had the most talented forward group over those four years.

They were near the top of the league in even strength scoring for a couple of those years. So I’m not sure how valid that  argument  is 

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That Weber/Subban deal at the beginning looked like a good deal for Nashville.  As of right now that was one the biggest steals in recent memory and highway robbery for Montreal...

that thread would be fun to revisit.  it was epic.  the fury in Montreal, and with the self-appointed 'analyticz' crew - was tangible to say the least.

unfortunately most of those old threads seem to get archived.

but it would be educational to bump deals like that and look at them again.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No. I don't.

I've played well over 1000 competitive games in my lifetime and I understand his position quite well.

Well I’ve played 165 games in the NHL and I think he was not being totally truthful in his statement.  -_-

In all seriousness, you can’t prove whether he was lying or not.  But the DOPS broke it down quite well when they showed via video evidence that Sheifele had really no intention of playing the puck and stopping the goal and had every intention of making a big hit.  The hit was high, it was charging by  its very definition and the guy he hit had to be taken off by a stretcher.  

As for the fairness of the suspension I do agree with you that based on “precedent”, i.e. the suspensions recently given to repeat offenders Wilson and Reaves, the amount of games he got was excessive.  I do feel he deserved 2-3 games at minimum.  And I also feel that Wilson and Reaves should have been suspended for much more than they received, like for the rest of the playoffs.  But the DOPS has never been consistent with their rulings so you can’t expect them to dish out suspensions that are fair and consistent. 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

that thread would be fun to revisit.  it was epic.  the fury in Montreal, and with the self-appointed 'analyticz' crew - was tangible to say the least.

unfortunately most of those old threads seem to get archived.

but it would be educational to bump deals like that and look at them again.

I admit I was furious about that trade. 

• Cheers 1