The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jake Debrusk done in Boston?

16 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Roussel and a pick is all I would offer, we have to address the poor D group and make some big changes too it, that is priority 1 and priority 2 is getting a youngish #3c 

I know the D needs to be improved but i think even last years D would do better if the team can put together a forward group with more pace and can spend more time in the off zone. IMHO they are better off improving team defense than chasing one or two ideal D-men...former is a lot easier to achieve on short-term contracts while they ride out the vet contracts this year.

9 hours ago, coryberg said:

Not only him... look at the 3 players drafted right after. (Honorable mention to Boeser)

Screenshot_20210624-233120_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Throw a dart at that years first round rankings and you’re likely to hit a decent NHLer.

Somehow they managed to miss on three in a row. A truly impressive display of drafting incompetence.

Was trying to figure out who the scouting staff were for Boston that year... but came across this:

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2015/4/15/8421749/three-boston-bruins-scouts-fired

Maybe the scouts sucked, maybe they burned all their intel before leaving... but man, one of the worst displays of drafting I recall seeing since following hockey since the 80s lol.

• Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I actually would explore this, but only if they move Miller to 3C.  If Hoglander can play with Petey and Brock then Jake can play left wing on a new scoring line with Miller.  

Hoglander  Petey   Borck

Pearson     BO       Podkolzin

DeBrusk    Miller    ??

I'd only do it if they took the same cap back though.  Virtanen wouldn't work as we are better off just buying him out.  Roussel would be the only logical option.  Roussel doesn't fit on a new look 3rd scoring line so he's either gonna take a spot on the 4th line or be in the press box.  

I would do the following instead

DeBrusk/Lind/Gadjovich/MacEwen - Petersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

DeBrusk/Lind/Gadjovich/MacEwen - Miller - Podkolzin

The "2nd" line showed good chemistry last year. The "3rd" line is more to shelter the prospects and Miller would get heavy special teams minutes. There can be a battle for the spot beside Petey and Boes, but I'd like a little size for protection and have a bit of a crash and bang type on the line rather than going full skill. I think one of Lind/Gadjovich/MacEwen are likely taken in expansion. I think DeBrusk has the ability to keep up with the top line, but he would look solid on the "3rd" line with Miller in which then we could balance out the deployment of these lines as well. If MacEwen can click, he'd be the perfect enforcer on the line with enough skill to put up the numbers, but Gadjovich looks to have really upped his game last season. Lind seems like he can be an all round utility guy and plays a bit of a pest game. Late game situations where we need a goal, we can put Miller back with Petey and Boeser.

17 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Err...I think sexual assault allegations are a little more red flaggy than a rift with the coach xD

Sexual misconduct... but yeah, can’t see anyone trading for JV until that’s cleared up. 

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Sexual misconduct... but yeah, can’t see anyone trading for JV until that’s cleared up. 

Except for the Bruins are trying to dumperoo DeBrusk’s contract.  Might be a perfect swtcheroo.  

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Was trying to figure out who the scouting staff were for Boston that year... but came across this:

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2015/4/15/8421749/three-boston-bruins-scouts-fired

Maybe the scouts sucked, maybe they burned all their intel before leaving... but man, one of the worst displays of drafting I recall seeing since following hockey since the 80s lol.

There was a recent interview with Cam Neely where he says that draft was his fault, that Sweeney didn’t have enough time to prepare for the draft after he was hired...

https://thehockeywriters.com/bruins-cam-neely-admits-costly-mistakes-2015-draft/

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Dazzle said:

That draft year with Boston having three first round picks not panning out is something funny. Debrusk was their best pick out of their three too...

To not take Barzal with one of those picks was a big head scratcher to me at the time & still today. 
If my memory serves me right they could've had Barzal, Connor & Boeser. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That’s the most fair deal for sure.  Our Jake needs to go, and their Jake has been not very good for two years.  Each needs a change.  

He wasn't very good this last year, but the year before he managed 35 points in 65 games, including 19 goals. Every season prior to this last one he managed to be better than a .5 PPG player. 

Worst case scenario is he falls flat on his face and we walk away from him after next season. Best case scenario is he regains his 27 goal form and we have another young top 6 forward that fits nicely into our group. I like the idea of the move because it's low risk/high reward.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Throw a dart at that years first round rankings and you’re likely to hit a decent NHLer.

Somehow they managed to miss on three in a row. A truly impressive display of drafting incompetence.

And the funny thing is, they were questionable off the board picks at the time too, not just picks that busted.

I'm curious to see what happens with Cody Glass in Vegas too.

• Vintage 1

18 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's also worth noting that apparently the Bruins were playing him on RW for most of the year when Debrusk is a natural left winger, which may have been the reason for his less than stellar year and frustration with the coaching staff. 

Other than this year debrusk has been great. Love to add him

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s the difference?  

Sexual misconduct is a blanket term to describe unwanted sexual advances, but can even be used to describe an array of different things that could be concidered sexual. It can be anything from making creepy comments, unwanted sexual advances, but even things such a streaking or mooning in some cases. The biggest difference is sexual misconduct is not a crime in Canada. Some places in the US have it classified as a crime, but to my knowledge it is not a crime in Canada, it's a term to describe acts of this nature that are not criminal. Least that's my understanding.

Sexual assult is the act of sexually touching another person without consent to do so, or physically forcing a person into a sexual act against their will. It's what Jake is being accused of currently, and it is a crime.

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

There was a recent interview with Cam Neely where he says that draft was his fault, that Sweeney didn’t have enough time to prepare for the draft after he was hired...

https://thehockeywriters.com/bruins-cam-neely-admits-costly-mistakes-2015-draft/

We poached Benning not too much earlier too.  

Benning’s drafts got progressively better, especially starting with the Boeser steal. 

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

He's being accused of sexual assault, not misconduct.

Oh I must be wrong then. I remember reading specifically the term misconduct somewhere but I didn’t really do my research on it.