The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Lightning win 2021 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Final  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2021 at 12:00 AM

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No shows in Tofoli and Caufield.  Perry and the old guys are Hab’s best players.  

Toffoli hasn't scored in forever.  What happened to all those posters who said he was the second coming?  1 goal against Vegas, 0 goals against Tampa Bay.  Wait until next year when Montreal has to play the US teams.  His numbers this year were an aberration.  He will be back to Tanner Pearson numbers next year.

Caufield is a nice little player.  But eventually he's gonna get bullied by the big boys.  Where are the posters that said the Canucks should have taken him over Podkolzin?  That must have been a joke.  Nobody could actually be serious that Caufield will be better than Podkolzin.  Podkolzin will be Trevor Linden in the playoffs.  He won't be a no show like Toffoli and Caufield when he plays against the big boys.  At 6'2" 215 pounds he will be one of the big boys.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Anderson 5.5 for 5 more years. 

Ouch

Yeah I knew the minute he was signed that would hurt them. I like the player a lot but he will be injured and he doesn’t have the 2 way game to log a lot of minutes to justify that contract imo 

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Danault was really good, but the Habs will lose him now.  

Today was his first goal since May 3.  He's gonna want $5 million + on his next contract.  Montreal will probably give him a Josh Anderson type deal.  They will regret it after a couple of years.

• Vintage 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Today was his first goal since May 3.  He's gonna want $5 million + on his next contract.  Montreal will probably give him a Josh Anderson type deal.  They will regret it after a couple of years.

That’s a good point.  A lot to pay for a guy who is good defensively but rarely adds offence.  Has Perry been the Habs best forward?  His line has been their best too.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a good point.  A lot to pay for a guy who is good defensively but rarely adds offence.  Has Perry been the Habs best forward?  His line has been their best too.  

Yeah he's a warrior.  I think Perry has been one of their best players for sure.  And Suzuki.  Kotkaniemi was invisible tonight.  As with Toffoli.  And Anderson and Caufield looked slow.  I'd definitely take Vancouver's forwards over Montreal.  Montreal has a much better defence.  Demko is going to be a star so Benning needs to spend most of his time this summer working on our defence.  We need to get some big boys like Montreal and Tampa have.  That is what will take us deep into the playoffs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I just wanna know what winning one cup feels like…

Could you imagine winning two in a row?

Second ones boring, it’s all about the first one, most teams will not see that joy again.

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Caufield is playing scared.  He’s not a very good skater.  Quick, but slow.  Play heavy against him, and he shies to the perimeter.  I love Suzuki.  That kid can play in any style.  

He managed to get a good shot off the post,to me Kokenemi plays more scared

Edited by Cromeslab

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At 6'2" 215 pounds he will be one of the big boys.

I’d bet he’ll be a flop, why? Because his style does not match Greens style, he’ll be asked to play out of his character and that never works outs.