The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Avalanche trade Ryan Graves to Devils for Mikhail Maltsev, 2021 2nd-round pick

5 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

You must not of watched a lot of avs games he’s played top pairing minutes and allowed makar do what he does with a great cap for what our 2nd and c prospect we can’t keep letting Benning miss out on a trades like this he’s not capable of making a good hockey trade 

Ya take that opinion over to HF\Avs and see if they agree..

The #1 rant with them was when Makar got dragged down by him and was why they went after Toews and prefer a rookie with 20 games to him.

He was terrible in the playoffs who instead of passing to someone who had skill he would literally force a shot that got blocked creating an odd man rush at least twice in every game I watched.

Joulevi or Edler are much better options for us at  3LHD. 

I mean the jubilation coming from Avs fans speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, mll said:

Nashville are for sure protecting 4 Ds but actually like 5.  Josi, Ellis, Ekholm are protected but there's Carrier or Fabbro.  They could also decide to just go 5 Ds.  Poile is apparently trying to make a deal with Seattle but the price is very high.  

Kunin and Forsberg are a given up front but they have Jarnkrok, Sissons, Trenin, etc.  Poile admitted to trading Arvidsson for expansion reasons although he also said that it was time to go separate ways and thinks Arvidsson also wanted to move on.

Maybe you mixed up Trenin and Kunin?  I'd be shocked if they don't protect Trenin over Kunin. 

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Ya take that opinion over to HF\Avs and see if they agree..

The #1 rant with them was when Makar got dragged down by him and was why they went after Toews and prefer a rookie with 20 games to him.

He was terrible in the playoffs who instead of passing to someone who had skill he would literally force a shot that got blocked creating an odd man rush at least twice in every game I watched.

Joulevi or Edler are much better options for us at  3LHD. 

I mean the jubilation coming from Avs fans speaks for itself.

Reaves broke Graves.  He may also be going bald.  I think his career may be over really...

3 hours ago, 70seven said:

Nah, Hughes will bloom this year.  Really think Zacha and Bratt are on solid trajectory.  They need help on D and in net. Also have cap flex, Holtz en route.  

My dark horse to take Wallstedt 

Yeah, they had been rebuilding for awhile now (two 1st OA's in 4yrs), Hughes has one year and another top 4 pick this year.  Not sure if they will be willing to pick a goalie at #4; but perhaps the Graves trade, guarantees that they are not picking a defenceman at #4 - you might be right: a goalie or a forward at #4 then ?

If they get the breaks, there young roster clicks with the staff and they get solid goaltending, then I would agree, that they might be competitive this year - will have to wait & see.  They do have a good collection of young players.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I wonder if some people on these boards don’t realize that every name that gets brought up here like Graves, Jones, Hyman, Hamilton, etc…get brought up on almost every other team’s fan sites. This isn’t a buffet that JB gets to walk past and fill his tray with whatever suits his fancy. There are going to be lots of trades that lots of GMs aren’t going to be able to get in on for lots of different reasons.

As mean as the woman's 1.49 day shoe sale. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Maybe you mixed up Trenin and Kunin?  I'd be shocked if they don't protect Trenin over Kunin. 

No.  Kunin plays top-6 for them - he had a slow start but got more comfortable as the season went along.  He found chemistry with Granlund who they wish to bring back.  They also paid quite a bit to acquire Kunin.  

Trenin is a bottom-6 forward.

31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I like me some Trenin.  If he is being left unprotected that is a deal Benning can make.  I'd rather have him and expose Lind, MacEwen and Gadjovich.

Maybe the Russian Benning said he is looking for to help Podkolzin 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, mll said:

No.  Kunin plays top-6 for them - he had a slow start but got more comfortable as the season went along.  He found chemistry with Granlund who they wish to bring back.  They also paid quite a bit to acquire Kunin.  

Trenin is a bottom-6 forward.

Well I would pay handsomely to get Trenin.  He's the perfect forward that can play on 2nd and 3rd line for us.  

Can we not turn every other teams transaction into a "Where was Benning", "Benning is MIA on this one"? Do you really think the Canucks will be involved in every trade, and if they were involved as much as you all want him to be, it would require overpayments to beat all these other deals. Do you ever stop to think maybe Benning made an offer with equal value as a trade that was made but the team liked the other option more, and if Benning raised his price to get it done it would have been an overpayment?

Comments like these are understandable on a Taffoli signing in MTL where if we offered the same amount we probably get him, but trades like this where its not even a player that fits our needs, can you all just take a break on your illogical Benning hate. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

The deadline for expansion is soon he missed out on graves and fact he hasn’t took advantage of team like Tampa or any team with expansion problems is just showing he’s not capable 

He may not have made a move as early as you want him to to take advantage of the expansion, but moves like that and taking advantage of teams in cap problems is pretty much the same and he has done that in back to back offseasons with Miller and Schmidt. The most illogical arguments for someone being bad at their job are the ones you are using where you are speculating on information you don't have. None of us have any idea what discussions go on behind the scenes and what was asked of us in return of a trade. For all we know, Benning's break off point of negotiations was exactly the same as what you would have done, but we have no idea. You Benning haters that will literally jump on any spec of dust pretending its a grenade in your dogmatism of "Benning sucks" need to stick to the actual facts that we know, and those are the transactions he has made, and weight is success rate against other GM's in the league. You would have all hated him for giving up a draft pick and prospect for a player that doesn't fit our needs so be happy he is holding his chips looking for the right move at the right time.

16 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you move Hughes to the right side then you 100% need to trade Schmidt unless you think we are the Soviet Red Army.  

Mind you that may not be a bad idea.  We do have Podkolzin so if Hughes pretends he is Russian then we just need 3 more guys.  Petey is 10% Russian on his moms side, so that makes 3.  That Zadorov trade is looking more likely now.  

I heard too that Hughes was deep into Russian language lessons in anticipation of being paired with Tryamkin for a few years.  They'll come in useful yet!!

• Haha 1