The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oliver Ekman-Larsson | #23 | D

-AJ-

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I'm happy to say I predicted that OEL would become Ericksson Mk2 within 2 years of aquiring him. Many predicted he'd regain his prior form. Never going to happen at that stage of his career. OEL alone is the mill stone hanging around the managements neck

Some people were trying to be positive. 

We weren't the only team in on him. But after Ballard and Booth, we should have stopped importing pricey reclamation projects from the sun belt. He might get a bit better than this though. 

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

It's not meraculously going to improve. There remanins a further 5year at $7.26 per, he's 31 and show signs of age. It only gets worse. Of course some unable to handle fact & reality will say I'm negative  :lol:

Benning tried to get OEL the year before he actually (and stupidly) did.  I remember reading lots of comments about how OEL’s contract was one of the worst and how he’s really fallen off in play.  I thought we dodged a bullet, but good ol’ Jimbo came back a year later and actually mad3 th3 trad3 so many knew (a year previous) was horrid.  Now we ar3 stuck.  Thanks Benning/Brod. :picard:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Some people were trying to be positive. 

We weren't the only team in on him. But after Ballard and Booth, we should have stopped importing pricey reclamation projects from the sun belt. He might get a bit better than this though. 

To be positive you need somee thing to provide the positivity. OEL does not fall under that category. It's illusional to try and "make" some thing positive without the ingrediants. Best we stick to reality and truth

15 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I'm happy to say I predicted that OEL would become Ericksson Mk2 within 2 years of aquiring him. Many predicted he'd regain his prior form. Never going to happen at that stage of his career. OEL alone is the mill stone hanging around the managements neck

Must be a Flames fan.

On 11/21/2022 at 7:48 AM, Fred65 said:

Don't forget that we got Eriksson for free. We essentially gave up assets for OEL.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

OEL looks like a new player with Bear, just shows what toxicity can do. Myers was really weighing him down whereas Bear is much quicker to move and pass. 9 points in 20 games now silently creeping into a 40 point guy again.

Seems to me that he also really benefited from easier minutes. Played a little less and didn't take the minutes against top guys as much. Feels a bit like Edler in his later years that way.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:48 PM, Fred65 said:

Why would you be happy about this as a fan of the team.

OEL is a Canuck.  Wishing him fail to looks similar to wishing the team you cheer for failing?  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

OEL is a Canuck.  Wishing him fail to looks similar to wishing the team you cheer for failing?  

It was really meant to cast a doubt on the trade that brought him here and it's true many poster thought for some illogical reason that he'd revert to his old self when he arrived in Vcr ( mostly the Benning brigade ) His arrival brought long term consequences on this team which will need a miracle to escape from.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

OEL was very good the back half of last season.  I think having Ethan Bear for a partner will help him a lot this year.  I wonder if Schenn might be a good partner for OEL?  

Just now, Alflives said:

OEL was very good the back half of last season.  I think having Ethan Bear for a partner will help him a lot this year.  I wonder if Schenn might be a good partner for OEL?  

Schenn makes most partners look good simply because he's a guy, although with limited skills,  understand the game better than 99% of NHL players

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, saucypass said:

Is it just me or does OEL look like a completely different player? Not just putting up points but playing with more toughness and confidence. I could get used to this!

God knows he needed to. The season up until the last few games has not been kind to him.

On 11/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, Fred65 said:

It was really meant to cast a doubt on the trade that brought him here and it's true many poster thought for some illogical reason that he'd revert to his old self when he arrived in Vcr ( mostly the Benning brigade ) His arrival brought long term consequences on this team which will need a miracle to escape from.

Fair enough, 

but a dash of optimism is not a bad way to look at things.

Thats me.

I don’t think OEL is the real problem and he does well with a partner that plays defence at an NHL level.

not sure if OEL has ever had that,

Kinda moot with Demko getting hurt.

its Bedard or bust…Lmao.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1