The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

Just now, Vermette9 said:

I think he turns out to be best player in the draft. A steal to whoever gets him.

He caught my attention at the Hlinka's and his gradual decline has a perfectly good reason with his health issues.  

Speaking of those Hlinkas...  whatever happened with the young Slovak forward that's eligible for 2023 draft?  Dalibor Dvorsky...  anybody kept track of him? 

23 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

I think your the only other guy I've seen that isn't as high on Korchinski. I'm not big on him either from watching the WHL playoffs. Great skater, but his stride looked a bit strange to me, almost like he is clumsy on his feet? Hard to describe. But his lack of goal scoring is also a concern to me. It's such a nice compliment for a defensemen to be able to threaten with a shot, especially on the PP, but I didn't find his to be anything special. Not that I think he is gonna be a bust, but I see much higher upside in Minty if your going after a scoring defensemen. Minty looks very promising, my pick of the mid tier defensemen for sure.

Funny, I like both Nazar and particularly Savoie. To each their own.

My issue with Korchinski is his coaches keep him from matching up with teams top forwards.

ans not just the older kids on the team but his direct peers and draft elligible players 

he was sheltered more than Bichsel and Bichsel was ina. Mens league.

mateychuk

mintyukov

pickering 

werent sheltered like Korchinski.

it’s a huge red flag to me and I’m surprised it’s not talked about more. Playoffs exposed him more too. 

Its not that I don’t like those two forwards it’s just I like other players more than them and I’m more uneasy about their development taking the turns needed to hit their ceilings.

I like Nazar a lot especially in how he competes. And savoie I’m on the fence. I’m just hoping they gone by our pick so we don’t have a tough choice and pass on one and they end up hitting their ceiling would suck. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, R3aL said:

My issue with Korchinski is his coaches keep him from matching up with teams top forwards.

ans not just the older kids on the team but his direct peers and draft elligible players 

he was sheltered more than Bichsel and Bichsel was ina. Mens league.

mateychuk

mintyukov

pickering 

werent sheltered like Korchinski.

it’s a huge red flag to me and I’m surprised it’s not talked about more. Playoffs exposed him more too. 

Its not that I don’t like those two forwards it’s just I like other players more than them and I’m more uneasy about their development taking the turns needed to hit their ceilings.

I like Nazar a lot especially in how he competes. And savoie I’m on the fence. I’m just hoping they gone by our pick so we don’t have a tough choice and pass on one and they end up hitting their ceiling would suck. 

I'm a pretty big Korchinski fan but these are very valid points. Was crazy sheltered in the playoffs. Barely on the ice in the last 5 minutes if they were up in a close game. But you could barely get him off the ice when they were down. And again, I unfortunately haven't seen much Mintyukov, but Korchinski is the best defenseman on the powerplay in the class for my money. I guess save for some of the smaller guys like Hutson, Havlid, Casey.

He's a young kid at an June or July birthday, only played 20 games last year, plays for one of the best teams in the league. Sure he was sheltered, and rightfully so - he's obviously well behind kids like Mateychuk or Odelius in the maturity of their games - but prospects develop on different paths. It's the upside 5 years out that you're betting on with Korchinski.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Cheers 1

I always try to do my own list up to our pick to see what I would draft. 

This year I would go: Slaf, wright, Nemec, Cooley, Jericek, Gauthier, Kasper, minty, lekerrimaki, kemmel, Pickering, bichsel, mateychuck, korchinski, Savoie as my top 15. 

I just like to keep track: it would be Sergachev, glass, Hughes, Boldy so far since I've started keeping track. Without having picks the last two years. 

12 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

I always try to do my own list up to our pick to see what I would draft. 

This year I would go: Slaf, wright, Nemec, Cooley, Jericek, Gauthier, Kasper, minty, lekerrimaki, kemmel, Pickering, bichsel, mateychuck, korchinski, Savoie as my top 15. 

I just like to keep track: it would be Sergachev, glass, Hughes, Boldy so far since I've started keeping track. Without having picks the last two years. 

Not too shabby! 

Late thoughts. I predict a Miller trade for a top 10 pick + could happen. A team like Ottawa is shopping their pick. Take their #7, Batherson, Brannstrom and a solid prospect for Miller. If a team offers more then I’m all for it. With our pick I’m hoping we land a D, preferably one of Mintyukov, Korchinski, Pickering, Mateychuk. If there’s a good FWD available as well like Nazar, Kasper, Miro, Geekie, Savoie then it would be nice to pick one of them up. I feel D is our most pressing need and has to be addressed this draft. Up front we look set. Say we acquire another 1st rounder via a Miller trade then we could definitely use it to add another young forward to the prospect pool. Very excited. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. Go Nuxnation!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

I would trade 15oa this year for prime Mitchell 10/10

we all ridicule Edm for not being able to defend their way out of a paper bag then the draft rolls around and all anyone focuses on  are D with gaudy point totals. 

Coulddn't be said any better, if I tried. 
I love a highlight real machine and Brock was a magical pick at 23, but we need a proper densive D man, badly. 
Would anyone be unhappy with Tanev at 15?

Have no idea what Bischel or Pickering will turn into, but I am slightly fed up with the feeling of our D being manhandled in front of Demko. 

Folks biggest complaint about Myers is he likes to be too offensive, making it really hard for him to play with QH  and limits OELs ability to go forward (this is not a hate Myers post). 
We are looking around the league for Manson type players for this job. 
Man I wish Woo wiuld explode into this player, but doesn't look like it, so do we pay 4-6M for that player, or do we draft him or even better sign him like Tanev as a free agent. 
If I had to choose between a 5'9 top 6 highlight scoring forward and a 6'4 dman with top 4 potential, I know where my money would be just now. 
Unless we really swing for the fences and draft the Russian... so far Podz has done nothing but impressed me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Isam said:

With the 15th pick in the draft hammer has chosen bischel for the nucks!

I'm with Hammer... Bischel or Pickering....

Had we had a second, I might have thought differently. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Think he has much untapped offensive potential or is he likely to be a primary defensive guy in the bigs?

Funny enough I actually have Bichsel as my 2. Each year me and my buddy try to guess who our teams are going to draft and whoever does the best gets beer. I got the Canucks taking Pickering or Bichsel, while Detroit drafts Kasper or Nazar this year.

Must be the 007 thing..... ::D

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Late thoughts. I predict a Miller trade for a top 10 pick + could happen. A team like Ottawa is shopping their pick. Take their #7, Batherson, Brannstrom and a solid prospect for Miller. If a team offers more then I’m all for it. With our pick I’m hoping we land a D, preferably one of Mintyukov, Korchinski, Pickering, Mateychuk. If there’s a good FWD available as well like Nazar, Kasper, Miro, Geekie, Savoie then it would be nice to pick one of them up. I feel D is our most pressing need and has to be addressed this draft. Up front we look set. Say we acquire another 1st rounder via a Miller trade then we could definitely use it to add another young forward to the prospect pool. Very excited. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. Go Nuxnation!

As a Canucks fan I would love to see them move into 7, and as a Sens fan I would love to see the pick moved, but I don't see it for Miller. The rallying cry from Sens fans is for a young but established top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman who can actually be a part of the core going forward, preferably someone locked up on a good contract with some term. Arizona makes the most sense, whether it's Chychrun, Keller, or even Schmaltz. There's also no way they move Batherson. Was a p/g player at 23 this year. He alone is arguably more valuable than Miller considering age and contracts.

New York or Pittsburgh make the most sense for Miller to me. Maybe Boston, Carolina.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1