The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Conor Garland

8 minutes ago, mpt said:

My point is, we’ve had 22 million in penalties with buyouts, inherited cap recapture penalties and burying players in the minors on bad contracts.  One remains in Luongo that goes away next year, then we just go and load up again.  Freedom was so close.  It’s like going right back into debt when you finally see the light in the tunnel.

stop looking for reasons to be angry. the buyout will have no negative effect. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

That would be an amazing 4 lines.

Hoping, JB can sell the roster he had built to a player like Getz: a former first line player that can still produce on the ice and actually mentor the core from actual experience as being one of the best at his position in his prime.  A low cap hit & short term deal like what Perry or Spezza had signed would be ideal for a player at his stage & age.

My only concern with Getz is his durability. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

21 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Hoping, JB can sell the roster he had built to a player like Getz: a former first line player that can still produce on the ice and actually mentor the core from actual experience as being one of the best at his position in his prime.  A low cap hit & short term deal like what Perry or Spezza had signed would be ideal for a player at his stage & age.

My only concern with Getz is his durability. 

My concern with Getz is he the right guy for our locker room. Maybe we don't need such a big personality.

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

My concern with Getz is he the right guy for our locker room. Maybe we don't need such a big personality.

This is always a concern; and a great GM will be aware of this - hopefully the Schmidt situation would had taught him (and the staff) a very important lesson or two moving forward cause from Schmidts’ perspective he is able to compare from his time in Vegas (a perennial contender) & his time under Greens’ tutelage.  Last years down season wasn’t so bad now with context cause only through the hard time can we truly expect our still evolving GM & coaching staff to grow.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Signing Garland to 5 x 5 doesn’t hurt our future cap.  He’s only 25, and is an awesome player!  

I wasnt referring to this contact at all, it was a comment about finally getting rid of bad contracts and buyouts the going and buying more out. Nothing about Garland