The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Conor Garland

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Fair deal. Also If we need to deal him in a couple years we can probably get quite the haul to restock the cupboards 

I like that the contract brings him right to 30, which is typically around the time forwards start to decline.

Glad the Beagles or Rooster types are being replaced by the same type of player that are heading into there prime rather than paying for them afterwards.   

Luke Schenn at less than a million for mentoring reasons is a good move as well.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

That was really fast. Shows that Garland is committed to staying with the Canucks.

And also, Aqua is not a cheap man. Shame on all those ppl who say he was cheap.

Or just looking to be bought out next year and cashing a good cheque

• RoughGame 4

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Garland is the real deal, bud.

It was a joke, especially since Benning seems to love buying out people.  Besides it’s a knock on Benning, not Garland.

Edited by mpt

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

5 years at 5 mill per for a 25 year old player that was on pace for 60+ points last season? You sure?

So, theoretically speaking, if we were to put Garland on the market right now, you're saying their would be zero takers?

Interesting.

Combover doesn't have a brain. He's just good at hating Benning as a political figure.

• Cheers 1

I hope they actually try CG on Miller's line, rathet than Boeser.  I don't really like Petey and Boeser together as they play a perimeter style.  Miller can retrieve pucks, petey can find his soft spots on the ice and Garland can go to the net.

Petey Miller Garland

Pearson Bo Boes

Hogz Dickenson Podz

Motte _____ Mac

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

I hope they actually try CG on Miller's line, rathet than Boeser.  I don't really like Petey and Boeser together as they play a perimeter style.  Miller can retrieve pucks, petey can find his soft spots on the ice and Garland can go to the net.

Petey Miller Garland

Pearson Bo Boes

Hogz Dickenson Podz

Motte _____ Mac

Opening night lines :

Miller-EP40-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Podz

MacEwan/Highmore-Khaira/Sutter-Motte

• Cheers 1

I might be in the minority but I'd prefer to see Hoglander and Garland on a line with Bo, instead of Pearson.

Now if Benning could just add a couple of solid RHD, we'll be set! Excited to see what this team can do!!

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Amaneey said:

I might be in the minority but I'd prefer to see Hoglander and Garland on a line with Bo, instead of Pearson.

Now if Benning could just add a couple of solid RHD, we'll be set! Excited to see what this team can do!!

Not at all... i''ve wanting Pearson on the 3rd line all along (like the player, just not in the top 6).   Picking up Garland made me hopeful for solving that. 

And yes...2 solid RHD.  I don't know why we haven't resigned Hamonic yet TBH.  seems like win-win for both sides.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Petey Miller Garland

Pearson Bo Boes

Hogz Dickenson Podz

Motte _____ Mac

I am fine with Garland and Boeser being tried out on both of the top lines.

To me, Hoglander though has earned a spot in that top 6 over Pearson. Or if Podkolzin can play on the left maybe give him a look there in training camp too. Another guy like Hogs that can play both sides would be great flexibility for the team.

Pearson is essentially a black hole offensively and needs to be on a 3rd line that can take a bit of defensive responsibility off Horvat.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am fine with Garland and Boeser being tried out on both of the top lines.

To me, Hoglander though has earned a spot in that top 6 over Pearson. Or if Podkolzin can play on the left maybe give him a look there in training camp too. Another guy like Hogs that can play both sides would be great flexibility for the team.

Pearson is essentially a black hole offensively and needs to be on a 3rd line that can take a bit of defensive responsibility off Horvat.

I love Hogz, but I do think that TPs spot to lose.  Plus, I would love to see a kid line with Hogz and Podz and see what they do