The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Kerfoot being shopped

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Wrong.

He traded for McCann so as to keep the rest of the team together and leverage a proper return for Kerfoot.  Even if Kerfoot was selected in the expansion draft, McCann would have been the replacement.

Leafs fan confirmed.

I bet the 1st round cough up for Marleau's cap space was brilliant too for you.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

You sure as heck aren't a Canucks fan haha.

This might be hard for you to understand because you have your tongue glued to the GM's boot but being critical of a team, their faculty, and their decisions, even if it borders on annoying or inconvenient to some, does not invalidate that fan's passion and concern for their team.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Wrong.

He traded for McCann so as to keep the rest of the team together and leverage a proper return for Kerfoot.  Even if Kerfoot was selected in the expansion draft, McCann would have been the replacement.

Are you sure, Grady?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AV. said:

Wrong.

He spent a 3rd on McCann in order to 'leverage a proper return for Kerfoot'?

What do you imagine that #proper-return to be? 

Hope this question helps.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He spent a 3rd on McCann in order to 'leverage a proper return for Kerfoot'?

What do you imagine that #proper-return to be? 

Hope this question helps.

They traded a 7th and Hallander.

Not sure where you're pulling this 3rd from.

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

They traded a 7th and Hallander.

Not sure where you're pulling this 3rd from.

yes - Hallander and a 7th - my braincramp/mistake.

(but that greater value only further underlines my point)

spend Hallander (a 2nd) and a 7th on McCann - in order to 'leverage a proper return' on Kerfoot?

Again - what do you perceive a #proper-return on Kerfoot to be?

If that doesn't help - let me put it this way....

Seattle valued McCann more highly than Kerfoot - clearly.

So what return are you expecting on Kerfoot - that would exceed the cost of acquiring McCann?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

yes - Hallander and a 7th - my braincramp/mistake.

(but that greater value only further underlines my point)

spend Hallander (a 2nd) and a 7th on McCann - in order to 'leverage a proper return' on Kerfoot?

Again - what do you perceive a #proper-return on Kerfoot to be?

If that doesn't help - let me put it this way....

Seattle valued McCann more highly than Kerfoot - clearly.

So what return are you expecting on Kerfoot - that would exceed the cost of acquiring McCann?

They didn't draft Hallander and it's been 3 years since he's been drafted.  His stock isn't very high and we certainly shouldn't count him as valuable asset in this deal, considering he wasn't a valuable asset in the original deal to send him to Toronto.

As for the return, it really doesn't matter.  It could be a 3rd, it could be a lesser center that comes at lower term and AAV, it could be a prospect, who knows and who cares.  The point here is that somebody tried to say Dubas made a blunder by acquiring McCann and losing him, when in fact it was deliberate to protect their roster.

If Kerfoot got drafted, they paid a 7th and Hallander to replace him.  Pretty tidy business.

If McCann got drafted (which he did), they paid a 7th and Hallander to have Seattle leave their roster as is.  Again, pretty tidy business.

Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, AV. said:

As for the return, it really doesn't matter.  It could be a 3rd, it could be a lesser center

then your whole "they got McCann to leverage a #proper return on Kerfoot" was plain dumb.

really weak effort to fluff a stupid move based on an absurd lack of logic.

The only sense that the McCann deal made was that they'd have one or the other post expansion - now they're dealing Kerfoot and wadr - you have nothing but pointless noise to offer.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

then your whole "they got McCann to leverage a #proper return on Kerfoot" was plain dumb.

really weak effort to fluff a stupid move based on an absurd lack of logic.

The only sense that the McCann deal made was that they'd have one or the other post expansion - now they're dealing Kerfoot and wadr - you have nothing but pointless noise to offer.

Ok but if they trade Kerfoot now, they essentially moved a 7th and Hallander for whatever that return might be.  Pretty good odds they get better value (comparative to the 7th and Hallander) from that as opposed to just losing Kerfoot for free.

• Wat 1