The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

At the game rn, man its an electric atmosphere. 

Abby Canucks havent been able to make good passes to each other. It makes a difference though when the Reign have several high profile prospects.  Without Petan and Bailey, they lack offensive push. 

Abby has been hella physical though. Sautner, Juulsen, Dires and Wouters have stood out so far. 

Klimovich has been relatively quiet. 

• Thanks 1

Hmm - and after 2 periods penalties are Canucks 8, Reign 3.  So much for game management!!

I can see I'll have to breakdown and buy the AHL-TV package ... during the 3 week Olympic break Abby play 7 times - they'll be the only game in town as the Olympic games, from Beijing,  will be broadcast at odd hours

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

Abby trying hard but have lil poise with the puck.

Schilling and Bowey are having a tough night defensively, they just seem veryyyy slow to make reads and just are lazy on the backcheck. 

Sautner, Juulsen amd Woo carrying a lot on the blueline. They need a natural puckmover though. 

39 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Abby playing much like the parent club. Half court press which means aggressive pinches and lots of heavy skating but generates very lil 5v5 and give up waybtoo mich defensively. 

This is Greens system too. I dont think his systems are very good tbh. 

Boston played a similar system except they actually had the personnel to play that game.

You need big forwards and D that can slow down the game with physical play and get in hard on the forecheck. Benning hasn’t provided his team with that element.

He’s just as responsible for continuing to try and fit a square peg into a round hole. If he doesn’t find a new coach he deserves to be fired first.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2

Went to the Abby game this evening,  

Hamonic does not look too far off from getting his position back with the team.

Loved watching Klimovich continue to get his swagger ..

Juulesen  does not look too bad, once he gets wound up he skates very well in the open, plays a fearless game.

Gotta say J Lukosandwiches has to be the best skater on the club,  times himself well, 200 ft game..   no puck luck tonight,. Could easily as had 3 goals.  Goes to the net and lanes like he is 6’4”.  Worked on the 1st pp tonight.    I think Coach would like to use him more, but a one way contract has lesser priorities than others.

Edited by SilentSam
Spellcheck
  • Thanks 4

On 10/31/2021 at 1:03 AM, SilentSam said:

Went to the Abby game this evening,  

Hamonic does not look too far off from getting his position back with the team.

Loved watching Klimovich continue to get his swagger ..

Juulesen  does not look too bad, once he gets wound up he skates very well in the open, plays a fearless game.

Gotta say J Lukosandwiches has to be the best skater on the club,  times himself well, 200 ft game..   no puck luck tonight,. Could easily as had 3 goals.  Goes to the net and lanes like he is 6’4”.  Worked on the 1st pp tonight.    I think Coach would like to use him more, but a one way contract has lesser priorities than others.

Cool I'm going to the Ranger game then I will check out Klimo too

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if Juulsen eventually gets a call-up at some point, if not this season then next year, or if he's destined to be a Bowey-like AHLer forever. I hope not, seen some promise from him so far.

No need for the team to rush him, we are deep with RHD. Juulsen needs to play games and regularly and give him lots of minutes if he can handle them, especially penalty killing. Maybe he is a late in the year call up but I would be 100% happy with him playing the full year in Abbotsford, the kid has missed a lot of hockey so what he really needs to do is just play and gain that confidence back

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if Juulsen eventually gets a call-up at some point, if not this season then next year, or if he's destined to be a Bowey-like AHLer forever. I hope not, seen some promise from him so far.

He is a damn good skater, great prowess for the puck , you can see he is happy to be playing regularly right now, and is going to make the best of this opportunity..

personally what  I saw of him on Saturday in Abby,  he is going to show better than OJ ever did,.  And he might arrive before Woo to the bigs.  He is strong.

• Cheers 1

Its not an ideal situation at the moment.

Of the 7 games the break down of game splayed (Dipietro 3 , Silovs 3, Martin 1). I get that they don't want to have border issues and quarantine issues if a goalie goes down in Vancouver or Abbotsford, but goalies need a rhythm especially Mikey and Arturs needing multiple reps after they both basically lost a whole season of development.

Especially with Mikey having a shaky start to the season, he needs to play to gain his confidence back, especially if you have him earmarked to take over the backup role as soon as next year.