The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] Time to trade Oli Jouveli?

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah he said it not me.

Yeah I can't see it.  There is absolutely no benefit to doing that.  In my mind the only way Joulevi gets traded is if he:

1) Signs a 1 year contract

2) Shows that he is clearly a top 4 D

3) Can only play limited mins because of OEL/Hughes on LD

Then maybe the trade him for a bigger position of need, but then he has gained value too.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Why u so mad? Jouveli has done absolutely nothing get a clue 

You obviously have no clue about hockey, and I bet you are an absolute crappy player. 

Quit posting such garbage. 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Um No…? Joulevi is playing man. Hunt was brought in for injuries. 

Agreed, and I don't think Hunt is even for injuries unless they go really deep.   My LD depth chart

OEL

Hughes

Joulevi

Rathbone

Brisebois

Hunt

Takes three injuries to the LD side to get Hunt into the lineup.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Agreed, and I don't think Hunt is even for injuries unless they go really deep.   My LD depth chart

OEL

Hughes

Joulevi

Rathbone

Brisebois

Hunt

Takes three injuries to the LD side to get Hunt into the lineup.

Hunt has way more NHL games played than jouveli and brisebois has. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

JP berry said today that he doesnt think jim is done trading. Imo i think the team is all in on Rathbone and cant really think of who else would jim would think of trading especially now that we know hunt can jump into the lineup now incase of injuries. 

Not sure what his value is around the league is but maybe we can get a 2nd for him as a young kinda big dman with upside that teams are looking for. Brian Burke is one that said he has all the tools to be a great player invthe league during his draft year. 

wonder if theres a way to get schneider from the rangers who are looking for a young LHD. 

No, not yet.  

Give Juolevi this year to see if he can take the next step.  

IF Juolevi can end up being that all situations two-way defender that can take on tough match-ups, it would be a MASSIVE win for the Canucks because he is EXACTLY what this team needs right now.

Trading wise, I doubt Juolevi has much value right now, and you wouldn't even be able to use Juolevi as a sweetener to move someone like Myers (While I don't dislike Myers, I feel that his 6 million can be put to better use if this team is to truly take the next step, but that's something I can elaborate further on in a different thread).  

Bottom line?   Keep Juolevi for another year or so, let the guy develop (injury free hockey hopefully), and see where he ends up.   

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Lmfao discussion about a player is garbage now hahaha

No, what is garbage is that you continually bring up these absolutely stupid ideas, for what? 

Trying to stir the pot? Lacking on getting attention? Get a life. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I really like Bone, but he doesn’t need waivers to go to Abbotsford.  OJ has a spot to lose.  If he does lose his spot he’s done.  He won’t clear waivers.  Might be able to trade him to a bottom feeder team that thinks if waived OJ will get taken before their turn.  But this is an October thing, I think.  

Jim usually doesn't like doing stuff like this, but if Rathbone wins the spot. I would still send him to the AHL, gift the spot to Juolevi, then trade Juolevi for asset in the first month to recoup assets and bring Rathbone up.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1