The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Darnell Nurse

9 minutes ago, b3. said:

Kudos to his agent - that is insane cash. That’s a lot of cash tied up to 3 players.

Hughes gonna get paid even more now.

Different contracts.  

This is Nurse’s second contract coming off his ELC. His first was a 2 x 5.6 mil 

Nurse is a really good defenceman, I think we're underrating him here a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on team Canada in 2022 (provided the NHL goes to the Olympics). That said, 9.25 is still too rich. It's a better deal than what Chicago gave Jones, but I'd rather have Makar at 9 or Heiskanen at 8.8 than Jones at 9.25. 

He's worth 8 imo, covering for Tyson Barrie isn't easy hahah.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Can the league stop overpaying guys, we have a guy we would rather not overpay. What is going on? If people are outraged at OEL's contract, this one must have them crapping bricks.

Benning better be careful or by the time he signs Hughes, he'll be paying him $15M for one season.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

More than $46 million is committed to six players: McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Hyman, Nugent-Hopkins and Keith.

:picard: 

Well, it is a copycat league so they are trying to emulate Tampa Bay. Lightning top 6 players (Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Point, McDonagh and Vasilevskiy) have a combined $49M cap hit.

Seems to me the only difference is Tampa has won a couple of cups and the Oilers have won 1 playoff series in the past 10 years....lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Well, it is a copycat league so they are trying to emulate Tampa Bay. Lightning top 6 players (Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Point, McDonagh and Vasilevskiy) have a combined $49M cap hit.

Seems to me the only difference is Tampa has won a couple of cups and the Oilers have won 1 playoff series in the past 10 years....lol

One more difference, Tampa knows how to use LTIR to maximize their roster... heck, they just acquired Seabrook for that exact reason. 

Upcoming rumour:

Ryan Kesler to Tampa Bay Lightning

• Haha 1