The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jets re-sign Neal Pionk

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not a big fan of using 'pace' to judge players, I think you can get into over valuing players with that. How many times was Jake on 'pace" to be better than what he is? 

The season was shortened by 11 games due to covid. He wasn't injured or anything. It's not like he played 20 games and we made up the difference. Hardly a judgment call.

23 minutes ago, coryberg said:

The season was shortened by 11 games due to covid. He wasn't injured or anything. It's not like he played 20 games and we made up the difference. Hardly a judgment call.

yeah thats fair.

Interesting looking at Pionk's stats - 5 on 5 last 2 seasons, 34 points 125 games. Quinn has 40 its 5 on 5 in 124. But on the PK Pionk plays about 1 min per game avg, Hughes only 6 minutes in 2 years. So I guess from that pov he's closer to an all situations guy than Hughes is. 

Dunno, initially it seemed a bit high but as the day goes on here maybe its pretty fair for both sides. 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, Alflives said:

Holy crap!  For the Oinkster?  (Must include the mosquito protection bonus)

image.thumb.jpeg.20feb257d8a03f320be494fd913adc03.jpeg

Those mosquitoes in the ‘Peg are no joke. Size of hummingbirds. Went to Winnipeg once. Them and the horseflies are why I’ve only been there once. 

#Neveragain. 

That is a great signing for the Jets!

Pionk plays 22-23 minutes per game, puts up great point totals, hit totals, strong underlying numbers. Near the top on the Jets for point shares. Basically he is a high end offensive dman with average defensive play who hits and can eat minutes. Compared to Myers he gets double the hits, nearly double the points the last two seasons, and far more reliable defensively.