The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

On 8/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, -DLC- said:

No one is forcing anyone to have the vaccine.  But you're limited in what you can do, that's all.  You get a choice, you just don't get to run the world.

Exactly. Just like having a drivers licence. Just because you are a living breathing human being, doesn't mean you have the right to drive a car. Gotta do the tests, learners etc. Im all for the vaccine passports, hopefully we'll get some info tomorrow

• Cheers 4

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.

“The FDA’s approval of this vaccine is a milestone as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic. While this and other vaccines have met the FDA’s rigorous, scientific standards for emergency use authorization, as the first FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine, the public can be very confident that this vaccine meets the high standards for safety, effectiveness, and manufacturing quality the FDA requires of an approved product,” said Acting FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock, M.D. “While millions of people have already safely received COVID-19 vaccines, we recognize that for some, the FDA approval of a vaccine may now instill additional confidence to get vaccinated. Today’s milestone puts us one step closer to altering the course of this pandemic in the U.S.” 

So I guess now that it's fda approved one of two things happens. Either many people were honest in their argument that fda approval was a big deal to them or they will come up with another BS argument.

Edited by EOTM

44 minutes ago, CDeM85 said:

Were there any reported outbreaks from the Playoffs last season?  Arenas were near or at capacity without vaccination mandates.

The states don't trace quite like we do but if you look you can find anecdotal evidence (blogs mostly) out there. There are plenty instances of players and staff though. 

10 hours ago, cuporbust said:

This is simple math off government info. This risk is apparently worse than mental heath . 

That's death/ cases since July 

Second adds the last month.

Has this actually registered with any of you? Like really registered.  This is the biggest issue of our current society? This is what we should be focusing on ? Really 

Screenshot_20210822-213308_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-213437_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-213635_Messenger.jpg

which member of your family are you willing to put into this group?

1 hour ago, EOTM said:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.

“The FDA’s approval of this vaccine is a milestone as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic. While this and other vaccines have met the FDA’s rigorous, scientific standards for emergency use authorization, as the first FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine, the public can be very confident that this vaccine meets the high standards for safety, effectiveness, and manufacturing quality the FDA requires of an approved product,” said Acting FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock, M.D. “While millions of people have already safely received COVID-19 vaccines, we recognize that for some, the FDA approval of a vaccine may now instill additional confidence to get vaccinated. Today’s milestone puts us one step closer to altering the course of this pandemic in the U.S.” 

So I guess now that it's fda approved one of two things happens. Either many people were honest in their argument that fda approval was a big deal to them or they will come up with another BS argument.

Moving Day GIF by memecandy

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

which member of your family are you willing to put into this group?

Why is it so foreign to some people that the death rate has changed since vaccines were readily available?

• Cheers 1

It's understandable why deaths have been the talking point of the last few pages (they're terrible, obviously) but deaths from Covid are only a piece of what vaccinations and health restrictions are trying to prevent. The goal is to preserve hospital capacity so that things that are very survivable with emergency treatment don't become fatal due to ERs and/or ICUs having no more room and turning away ambulances. Then you get all your ambulances driving around the city/county trying to find a hospital to accept their patient instead of attending new calls, increasing wait times and further endangering the public.  

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/news/2021/08/16/more-than-11-500-hospitalized-with-covid-in-texas--icu-beds-scarce

There are over 11,000 Covid patients in hospitals in Texas. Four of the 22 hospital regions have 0 free ICU beds, 12 of the 22 have less than 10. Most of these people will survive, but Texas is nearing the point where their survival might mean a car crash or heart attack patient's death. 

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

It's understandable why deaths have been the talking point of the last few pages (they're terrible, obviously) but deaths from Covid are only a piece of what vaccinations and health restrictions are trying to prevent. The goal is to preserve hospital capacity so that things that are very survivable with emergency treatment don't become fatal due to ERs and/or ICUs having no more room and turning away ambulances. Then you get all your ambulances driving around the city/county trying to find a hospital to accept their patient instead of attending new calls, increasing wait times and further endangering the public.  

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/news/2021/08/16/more-than-11-500-hospitalized-with-covid-in-texas--icu-beds-scarce

There are over 11,000 Covid patients in hospitals in Texas. Four of the 22 hospital regions have 0 free ICU beds, 12 of the 22 have less than 10. Most of these people will survive, but Texas is nearing the point where their survival might mean a car crash or heart attack patient's death. 

Kelowna and Vernon are teetering at the moment

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Kurgom said:

Clarify what, that under 40's are dying in the Interior while Fraser Valley has returned to normal life because we got a high % of vaccinated people? Anti-vaccine people at this point are just killing themselves, there are enough vaccinated people that in regions like the lower mainland we wont be overwhelmed.

Yes you will die. No I won't care. No we won't be there to say I told you so, because you'll be in a coma for the last few days.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2021/08/13/unvaccinated-covid-death-bill-ohare-regret

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57958358

There are endless examples of this. But you won't listen. So we'll wait for your death while hoping I can go to a game. Do you know what's going on in huge anti-vax states like Alabama right now? Probably not, since it's all anti-vax nuts dying and they will never admit they're wrong even with their last breath.

Wow. Loose nut?:picard:

By the way, I live in the interior, I'm fully vaccinated, SO is over 73% of all adults in the INTERIOR.

The Interior is not Alabama and not full of anti-vax nuts.

Under 40's are dying in the interior? Source?

Frasier valley vaccination rates are higher than the interior? Source?

And thanks for your sentiment, but I'm not going to die in a coma with no one holding my hand :picard: good Lord what a thing to say, grow up.

Waiting for my death so you can go to a game?:shock:

We do listen, just not to nut cases like you. I'm sure proud to live in the interior of beautiful BC.

Good luck on CDC with your antics, lies and delusions.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Teetering? Hospital ICUs? Emergency wards?

What is teetering?

icu's full and numbers skyrocketing, under staffed, lack of resources, non covid spaces disappearing, surgeries cancelled etc etc

https://globalnews.ca/news/8123810/icu-is-becoming-overwhelmed-says-kelowna-hospital-emergency-doctor/

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Kurgom said:

Now, would you please clarify why you are so adamant in wanting to die of covid?

You obviously are on a rant and possibly off your meds?

You know absolutely nothing about me and your spewing garbage about my upcoming death.

Good lord:picard:

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

icu's full and numbers skyrocketing, under staffed, lack of resources, non covid spaces disappearing, surgeries cancelled etc etc

https://globalnews.ca/news/8123810/icu-is-becoming-overwhelmed-says-kelowna-hospital-emergency-doctor/

I had not seen this news, thanks. I live in the North Okanagan and am in  my late 50s, all our kids 20-30 are vaccinated as are the majority of people our age. I was In  the Vernon hospital last week and staff commented it was busy but manageable 

Pop up clinics everywhere and we still need to get more people vaccinated! Come on people.

Perhaps if the unvaccinated had to pay their own hospital bills they would get the jab.

But interior or Frasier valley or Vancouver,  we are all British Columbians, Canadians and we support one another.

Go canucks go

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

I had not seen this news, thanks. I live in the North Okanagan and am in  my late 50s, all our kids 20-30 are vaccinated as are the majority of people our age. I was In  the Vernon hospital last week and staff commented it was busy but manageable 

Pop up clinics everywhere and we still need to get more people vaccinated! Come on people.

Perhaps if the unvaccinated had to pay their own hospital bills they would get the jab.

But interior or Frasier valley or Vancouver,  we are all British Columbians, Canadians and we support one another.

Go canucks go

Agree 100%

On 8/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, You Mad Bro? said:

B72A50B6-1CE6-483E-80E0-D1DB48DB6412.jpeg

Not even remotely funny.  Masks save lives during a pandemic.  The sheep are those who believe what they want to believe and ignore reality and important things like science.  GCG!

• Huggy Bear 2

12 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Not only am I a personal survivor , my wife battles with severe BPD and PTSd. She has a scholarship in her name because of what she's survived , and does regular mental health speaking engagements 

You are so disingenuous about what you say you stand for.

If you weren't, you wouldn't have dismissed the other problems of society, which involves emergency beds being used up/ICUs at full capacity that were directly caused by COVID. Why does dismissing COVID have to be about trying to promote mental health? Why can't it be both?

26,000 people died because of this disease - usually the elderly, but sometimes the young.  Many of these were preventable deaths, much like suicides. But you don't care about this number all that much, probably because you live in a world where 2 percent could be perceived as NBD. :lol:

What about these people?

image.png.7ea4ed8ac03e2a9f0ee05f4e1f3ce193.png

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093256/novel-coronavirus-2019ncov-deaths-worldwide-by-country/

You are ignorant.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1