The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Afghanistan War With USA Ends After 20 Years as Last US Troop Leave Kabul

DonLever

8 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Nancy is hoping the Taliban will respect women and girls.

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/81421-1

You get the government you deserve, I'm told. 

Holy sh*t!  How stupid can a person be?  These guys have already said they will implement Sharia law in Afghanistan, and they will not stop until it’s the law for the whole world.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Holy sh*t!  How stupid can a person be?  These guys have already said they will implement Sharia law in Afghanistan, and they will not stop until it’s the law for the whole world.  

I think this is what happens when a gin-soaked brain is obsessed with fake impeachments and chasing down phantom white supremacist movements, while ignoring the real world around them. 

• Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s really none of our business in all honesty. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who says they were smart to begin with? The whole ripping paper behind Trump was nothing more than WWE level showmanship. Yeah it was about defeating Trump, but it was never about actually doing anything more than maintaining the status quo. These people are just as deranged, they're just better at hiding it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Why not? 

I don’t understand your point.  Are you suggesting we shouldn’t help the abused?  If our neighbour is abusing his child, don’t we have a responsibility to stop the abuse, and protect the child?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

Accepting 20 000 Afghan refugees kinda says it is IMO.

Are you willing to pick up a firearm and go impose your beliefs on the Taliban? 

Until you’re willing to die or kill for it, you don’t have any business telling a place half a planet away how to conduct their affairs. 

and accepting those refugees is more on our government than theirs. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I don’t understand your point.  Are you suggesting we shouldn’t help the abused?  If our neighbour is abusing his child, don’t we have a responsibility to stop the abuse, and protect the child?  

I’m suggesting that you join the army and go fight the Taliban if you’re that concerned about what they’re doing. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Are you willing to pick up a firearm and go impose your beliefs on the Taliban? 

Until you’re willing to die or kill for it, you don’t have any business telling a place half a planet away how to conduct their affairs. 

and accepting those refugees is more on our government than theirs. 

Yeah I am actually, but bleeding hearts wouldn't approve of my methods, Geneva convention and all that.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

you don’t have any business telling a place half a planet away how to conduct their affairs.

I'm not advocating for more war or invasions of Afghanistan, but hell yes I'll tell the taliban they're backwards pieces of $&!# that abuse women and children and men who don't want to rape and praise Allah like them.

What is "our" business. At this point "we" are a global civilization. Yes, Afghanistan is my business, just like Xinjiang or Yemen, because we are one people in this modern world despite the efforts of tribalism to separate us when we're connected in a way that makes us one tribe.

Edited by Kurgom
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Violator said:

Twenty years and probably a trillion dollars goes out the door in days that's embarassing and pretty terrible.

No! It was done in a very deliberate and orderly way. Tony Blinken says so. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9895577/Blinken-blames-inability-Afghan-forces-Taliban-takeover-GOP-says-buck-stops-Biden.html

Just now, Kurgom said:

I'm not advocating for more war or invasions of Afghanistan, but hell yes I'll tell the taliban they're backwards pieces of $&!# that abuse women and children and men who don't want to rape and praise Allah like them.

What is "our" business. At this point "we" are a global civilization.

Afghanistan has over a 2000 year self-preservationist streak. Meaning they don’t invade anyone. 

It’s only when the west got interested in them the last 20-25 years that a bunch of self-righteous privileged westerners felt  that they had the right to tell middle eastern countries how they should live. 

3 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I’m suggesting that you join the army and go fight the Taliban if you’re that concerned about what they’re doing. 

So you wouldn’t step in to help protect a child from being abused.  Very sad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1