The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They need to bring it down to 23 players by tomorrow at 2:00 pm PT. So, six more cuts need to be made.

I'm guessing some players will be placed on IR, so they will be part of the cuts.

Motte, Sutter and Brady Keeper will go on IR...  

So three more cuts (my prediction is Petan, Brisebois and Dowling). 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He has been practicing in Abbotsford, but I haven't seen an official assignment by the Canucks. My guess would be he's banged up.

That makes sense.  He's on a 2-way so they'll probably just put him on SOIR.  

So I’m going to assume that there’s 6 players going on IR because I don’t see them reassigning Rathbone.  Those would be Boeser, Sutter, Motte, Brisebois, Keeper, and Juolevi.

I guess it’s better than Juolevi getting waived.

Edit: Disregard with Juolevi trade.

Edited by Rindiculous

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

So I’m going to assume that there’s 6 players going on IR because I don’t see them reassigning Rathbone.  Those would be Boeser, Sutter, Motte, Brisebois, Keeper, and Juolevi.

They might just demote Rathbone to set the opening roster - he is waiver exempt and so are Höglander and Podkolzin.  Last year Höglander was not on the opening roster but recalled immediately after once they were able to maximise their LTIR relief - he played opening night.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Oh yikes disregard that

Suddenly drafting doesn’t look like Benning’s biggest asset. Virtanen, Lind, Gadjovich and Joulevi all gone. That’s not a good  on a resume at all. They were all relatively high picks too. Imagine if some of those had worked out. Would we have the holes in our lineup that we do now? Makes you second guess him as a manager and all these wasted assets. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Suddenly drafting doesn’t look like Benning’s biggest asset. Virtanen, Lind, Gadjovich and Joulevi all gone. That’s not a good  on a resume at all. They were all relatively high picks too. Imagine if some of those had worked out. Would we have the holes in our lineup that we do now? Makes you second guess him as a manager and all these wasted assets. 

Lind was taken in the expansion draft.. how is the expansion draft a negative mark on bennings record?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Lind was taken in the expansion draft.. how is the expansion draft a negative mark on bennings record?

If he was a good player that worked out he wouldn’t have been left open to the expansion draft. Also how many assets have we gotten back from these good players? Zero. It can put the franchise back if they turn into nothing. Which they have. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If he was a good player that worked out he wouldn’t have been left open to the expansion draft. 

Nah he was still a good prospect. Every team is forced to leave good players available. Look at the forwards Canucks protected. Who would you drop from that list for Lind?

Edited by Petey40