The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Appreciate that! It’s a bit tough to type out stuff on my phone in real time as I’m watching things unfold on the ice, but I do my best. But I did manage to get a few things out even before Chris Faber did. B)

Watching this Training Camp made me realize how much I missed watching it last time due to the pandemic. I know for a fact that I’ve not missed many since the one in Whistler in which Link Gaetz was auditioning to become the Canucks resident knuckle checker. 

Have there been any fights?  Camps used to have lots of ‘bopping’.  Can Jonah take Bag MAC?  That might be a good way for him to make the club.  

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Appreciate that! It’s a bit tough to type out stuff on my phone in real time as I’m watching things unfold on the ice, but I do my best. But I did manage to get a few things out even before Chris Faber did. B)

Watching this Training Camp made me realize how much I missed watching it last time due to the pandemic. I know for a fact that I’ve not missed many since the one in Whistler in which Link Gaetz was auditioning to become the Canucks resident knuckle checker. 

In that era, every year it seemed they were always trying to give a goon a chance. Randy Holt was another.

12 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Obviously this has been posted somewhere.....but can I just say, I AM STOKED!   I can't get enough of this stuff and I love how Brock's starting to really emerge as one of the leaders.  He's humble but got a great sense of humour and works his butt off.  Really like how he interacts with the others.  

I like how chummy Boeser seems with Lockwood. I hope he makes the team. 

Did that feel right ... Probably hahaha

Let's have a good pace ... I'm a good pace car too ... why you guys going so fast ... too fast :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

12 hours ago, Dirtman said:

We now have Hamonic, Schenn, MacEwen, Gadjovic, Myers, Podz. Even Pearson Miller and Horvat get into it. Our team isn't soft anymore.

Between new D coach, younger hungrier guys and a lot more team toughness, I'm so excited for the season.

Combine that with last year's disappointment and the boys wanting to prove themselves, I think we're in for some awesome hockey.

Let’s hope green loses his fear of fighting 

I watched a Netflix movie/doc a few days ago, about a mobster who bought a hockey team for his 17 year old son. The team was called the Trashers, because he was in the garbage disposal business. I'm trying to negotiate google to find the name of the movie. But, if you like goon shows, this is a true enactment of the life and times of players in the low minors of hockey. This league is below the ECHL in calibre, and the team is based in Connecticut.

Edited by johngould21
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You DON'T waive Gadj..no way. Would waive OJ(yeah, I know, diff positions) before JG. Don't risk it.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well good thing he’s having a good camp so far.

Doubt they risk losing him if he’s close. Can’t afford to lose young cheap players. Especially ones with size and grit that can score.

So we just keep him on the team and sit him in the pressbox all year to protect him. What if other players are better which I suspect they will be? It could be dicey but I would he's 80% likely to clear if sent down early.

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

If Nic Petan is the best player during training camp does he make the team? How good does he have to be to make the team? He is ideally a top 6 guy. Could he bump Horvat? 

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Miller Petan Garland 

Pearson Horvat Podkozlin
Di Giseppe Dickenson Lockwood 

Lol why stop there just move Petan to the top of the Center depth chart. To answer your question no there's no chance he bumps Horvat down or Dickenson to the fourth line. Maybe he gets the third line sport with Dickie filling in on 4 until Sutter is back. OMG where is beagle when you need him. :lol:

9 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

now where did i leave my give a ****, I can't see anything around here your ego's blocking my point of view. have a spectacular night mr.man

You left your give a f*** in my inbox lol. Why do YOU lie about this not givin a f*** statement and then sending me a private message? Trying to be tough mr. man?

Have some decency and spew your venom on the page for everyone to see how pathetic you are

B030BB67-CF7E-4BA1-9C0A-58AADB769A3B.png

Edited by knucklehead91
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Not joining in on this argument, however it's better to keep this to PM and sort it out through there. We don't need this thread being derailed by two people arguing and name calling each other. You didn't need to bring this back into the training camp thread.

True dat. My bad, but hopefully this will shut him up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Have there been any fights?  Camps used to have lots of ‘bopping’.  Can Jonah take Bag MAC?  That might be a good way for him to make the club.  

Not so much as a minor skirmish thus far. These are different times.

Thought there MIGHT be chance that Keppen might try to start something with Gadj in order to attempt to establish some sort of big, tough guy pecking order in the organization…but nothing like that so far. I doubt anything like that happens today either.

28 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

True dat. My bad, but hopefully this will shut him up

Unnecessary.

Just add 'unwanted posters' to your blocked list. You don't see the trash they post, and are thus immune to it. There are a few who have managed to get onto that list over the years, and your interaction with an individual is proving one of my 'block' selections correct once again. In case you were wondering, you're obviously not on the list ;)... yet :P

Anyways.

How about that sportsball, eh?

12 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You DON'T waive Gadj..no way. Would waive OJ(yeah, I know, diff positions) before JG. Don't risk it.

If we waive him, it means he is incapable of currently pushing someone out of our top 9. If that’s the case, another team needs to look at him and say, yes, he immediately fits in our top 9, and it makes it worth putting someone else on waivers.

The fact that teams would have to put someone else on waivers, is why players seldom get claimed during training camp, too many moving pieces within teams.