The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Am I the only one thinking Klimovich looks like he should have been at least mid 1st round? I'm also thinking that he's not going to learn anything in Junior and might be best sent to Abbotsford to develop under more direct Canuck supervision.

That’s kinda how that draft is going to look in general imo. There’s gonna be a few steals just because of the situation with covid. Outside the top 8 or 9 it’s all over the place. Hopefully we have ended up with one of those steals with Klim

• Cheers 1

Ok. Scrimmage done. Really surprising to me is how much Podz seemed to be behind the play. Nothing to freak out over but there is no comparison to his overall camp performance to Hogs last year. Folks might want to keep expectations in check a bit.

On a positive note, Dan Klim’s skill REALLY flashed out there. The fact the kid has the confidence to dangle like he did out there says a lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I loved this kids potential when he got drafted, became pretty worried after the shoulder injuries because i knew he thrived with playing the motte style. And here he is today DESTROYING schenn! Sucks to be greener, This kid is making a strong case. Can't wait for some real games ( preseason )

• Like 2

Wow, that video ^ - Lockwood just rocked Schenn with the big hit. He's earning a spot.

Same with Hoglander, he looks even better, and I'm thinking he may crack the 30-goal mark this season. Very skilled and fast.

Predictions - Goals

Boeser - 35

Hoglander - 32

Horvat - 30

Garland - 26

Miller - 25

Pettersson - 22

The thing with Pettersson, the longer he holds out, the bigger the expectations will be for him. If he scores less than 30 a season, he'll be scrutinized. and criticized. 

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Am I the only one thinking Klimovich looks like he should have been at least mid 1st round? I'm also thinking that he's not going to learn anything in Junior and might be best sent to Abbotsford to develop under more direct Canuck supervision.

I like him better than the guy Arizona took with our pick.  His ceiling is insanely high and his work ethic should help him reach it.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wow, that video ^ - Lockwood just rocked Schenn with the big hit. He's earning a spot.

Same with Hoglander, he looks even better, and I'm thinking he may crack the 30-goal mark this season. Very skilled and fast.

Predictions - Goals

Boeser - 35

Hoglander - 32

Horvat - 30

Garland - 26

Miller - 25

Pettersson - 22

The thing with Pettersson, the longer he holds out, the bigger the expectations will be for him. If he scores less than 30 a season, he'll be scrutinized. and criticized. 

It'll be between JT and Boeser for the goal scoring lead this season. I say 32-35 for those two, Bo around 25, Garland and Hogs 23-25, and depending on how long EP holds out, he's anywhere between 20 and 30. My hopes anyway, that means 3 lines producing.