The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks claim Jonah Gadjovich off waivers

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Yes.  He's also better than Petan, and we also have Hunt who is worse than useless, and needs to be sent to the AHL where he belongs.

Yeah, the ChaseOn experiment will only end when he makes Green look bad.

He looks bad on the ice.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We gt first crack at him if he's waived, right?  Pick him up and fire the idiot who suggested waiving him in the name of Plug Love.

Vancouver doesn't have priority.  It's based on the rankings of the day (- was last season's rankings till 1 November).  Vancouver now picks 5th with only ARI, CHI, MTL, OTT ahead of them.  

If Vancouver is the only team that puts in a claim they can send him to the AHL directly.  If another team has also put in a claim Vancouver will need to put him back through waivers if they want to send him to the AHL.

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I thought he was solid last night........made some good plays, used his body well.

He was still absolutely useless.  Didn't process the game well, made some stupid plays, couldn't skate, killed the offence every time he got the puck in the offensive zone.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He was still absolutely useless.  Didn't process the game well, made some stupid plays, couldn't skate, killed the offence every time he got the puck in the offensive zone.

I think you definitely have blinders on.  There was nothing wrong with chaisson, other than he exists and that's too much for some here

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think you definitely have blinders on.  There was nothing wrong with chaisson, other than he exists and that's too much for some here

There was one particularly stupid play in the second where we were changing and he tried stickhandling at the Preds blueline instead of dumping it in.  It didn't burn us, but that's the kind of play that results in odd man rushes the other way, especially with the long change.  Him existing on our NHL roster is definitely too much though, although Green's made sure that most of our options that are of any actual use are now gone thanks to his gifting of lineup spots to useless trash.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There was one particularly stupid play in the second where we were changing and he tried stickhandling at the Preds blueline instead of dumping it in.  It didn't burn us, but that's the kind of play that results in odd man rushes the other way, especially with the long change.  Him existing on our NHL roster is definitely too much though, although Green's made sure that most of our options that are of any actual use are now gone thanks to his gifting of lineup spots to useless trash.

So the usual suspects scream bloody murder about dump and chase and now chaisson is being crucified for trying to carry it in?  Pick a lane

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

So the usual suspects scream bloody murder about dump and chase and now chaisson is being crucified for trying to carry it in?  Pick a lane

It's about making good decisions.  The puck was in the zone; he for some reason decided to try to stickhandle along the blueline.  Nothing is wrong with dumping it in when you're gassed and need a change; the issue is when the team expects to generate offence from that. 

No one wants to see the scoring line dump it in.  No issue with the 4th line doing it.  The problem is that the morons coaching the team can't tell the difference and have different tactics for different lines.

54 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Is he any better than an even slower ChaseOn ?

I think Chiasson is better at hockey. All the handwringing over the guy is completely overblown. If anyone is to blame for this season or the PP he should be the last guy on the list. He's a fourth liner and a net front presence on the PP. He's doing an average job it's our so called stars not showing up and pulling their weight.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's about making good decisions.  The puck was in the zone; he for some reason decided to try to stickhandle along the blueline.  Nothing is wrong with dumping it in when you're gassed and need a change; the issue is when the team expects to generate offence from that. 

No one wants to see the scoring line dump it in.  No issue with the 4th line doing it.  The problem is that the morons coaching the team can't tell the difference and have different tactics for different lines.

You're clearly just looking for a target to lash out at and are going for the low hanging fruit.  Chaisson is way down the list of issues that need to be addressed

Just now, stawns said:

You're clearly just looking for a target to lash out at and are going for the low hanging fruit.  Chaisson is way down the list of issues that need to be addressed

Naw, he's absolutely useless, although I would agree he's a symptom of the coaching staff's incompetence.  I would agree that playing Hunt or Petan would be even worse though.

42 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think Chiasson is better at hockey. All the handwringing over the guy is completely overblown. If anyone is to blame for this season or the PP he should be the last guy on the list. He's a fourth liner and a net front presence on the PP. He's doing an average job it's our so called stars not showing up and pulling their weight.

Lots of blame to go around and Imo, it is coaching.  Anyways, let's see if the staff can coach the team out of this black hole (?).

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Lots of blame to go around and Imo, it is coaching.  Anyways, let's see if the staff can coach the team out of this black hole (?).

Aside from special teams they've clearly solved their issues 5v5.  They've dominated the last three games

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Aside from special teams they've clearly solved their issues 5v5.  They've dominated the last three games

Meh, in 5v5 the effort and chances has certainly gotten better but still sloppy & lots of individual plays that leads to nothing.  The on ice product, still suffers from very familiar issues: stale & predictable. 

Outside of Demko, this ship would had already been at the bottom of the ocean.   At this point  Greens overall record speaks for itself and it will cement his legacy as the teams worst head coach.   Imo, he had the whole offseason & pre season to prepare the club but he got stuck at personnel rather than creating a system that will work this deeper roster or mitigate any roster issues.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well you are right. But still doesn't mean it's right for us to lose a 23 year old Gadjovich full of potential and keep a 31 Chiasson because we want to copy Edmonton's powerplay and failing miserably (still trying though! that Green. Chiasson 4 minutes of powerplay time last game)

Gadjovich fought in his NHL debut. Could use that kind of energy on our 3rd/4th line for the past 11 games wont you agree. 

14 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Well you are right. But still doesn't mean it's right for us to lose a 23 year old Gadjovich full of potential and keep a 31 Chiasson because we want to copy Edmonton's powerplay and failing miserably (still trying though! that Green. Chiasson 4 minutes of powerplay time last game)

Gadjovich fought in his NHL debut. Could use that kind of energy on our 3rd/4th line for the past 11 games wont you agree. 

Gadjovich is a healthy scratch on the San Jose Sharks. :bored: I'm not losing any sleep over losing this mediocre talent. To be honest I was very underwhelmed at his 5v5 game. He isn't some big energy guy as you suggest and doesn't play a rounded game. His 1 assist and one fight (wooo) in 4 games isn't worth worrying over in my opinion, and certainly he hasn't done any better than Chiasson.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Gadjovich is a healthy scratch on the San Jose Sharks. :bored: I'm not losing any sleep over losing this mediocre talent. To be honest I was very underwhelmed at his 5v5 game. He isn't some big energy guy as you suggest and doesn't play a rounded game. His 1 assist and one fight (wooo) in 4 games isn't worth worrying over in my opinion, and certainly he hasn't done any better than Chiasson.

sure.. keep thinking that way. If you are ok with drafting a kid, homegrow him for 3-4 years and then losing him for nothing as he enters NHL age because we had to try a 31 year old at powerplay. You should be ok with the crappy Canucks hockey team you are seeing now. 

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Gadjovich was rolling with us and playing with confidence until we put him on waivers.

Then he had to sit for almost two weeks before playing on a new team with a new coach and new systems. He lost all of his momentum.

I guarantee if he was given Chiasson’s role he would have made more of an impact.

Hoepfully if he goes on waivers they reclaim him.