The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Putting Dowling, who has four career NHL goals, over Hoglander on the power play is surprising.

To have someone for the face-offs?  Garland, Pearson, OEL and Rathbone wouldn't normally take draws.

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Just lost Big Mac on waivers to Philly

Ah well, that sucks. Best of luck to Zach!

Honest question - who’s our resident heavyweight now who answers the bell to drop the gloves?

I know we have a few guys who can do it “by committee” but Im honestly drawing a blank here on a guy I’d be excited (as opposed to kind of worried if he got hurt) to see fighting.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PP units:

In that last preseason game, PP looked great when they had QH and OEL on together.

Why don't they keep on with what seemed to be working?

PP1: Hughes, OEL, EP, Horvat, Chiasson (Boeser)

PP2: Rathbone, Myers, Garland, Miller, Hoglander

PP2: Rathbone, Podkolzin, Garland, Miller, Hoglander

OEL is a calming presence on that PP. He can keep and protect the puck way better than anyone I've seen on this team since Henrik Sedin.

Use QH like Patrick Kane on PP. Gain the blue line and roam, create seams, get cross ice pass across to EP for one timers.

That #1PP has so much potential to be much more dynamic. It's got the talent but is forced to play some boring $hit hockey. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, khay said:

What a terrible reason to put a player on PP.

If Dowling is on PP over Hoglander, that would be an indication that the coaching staff is incapable and will need to be let go immediately.

Can't really see what other reason.  It's not handedness - both are left shots.