The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

35 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Wasn’t Turris waived? Was he only papered and still in the lineup for tonight?

He was waived and wasn't on their opening night roster.   Edmonton announced today that he has been recalled from the Condors.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

literally all of them, since they're playing in the nhl.

that's the thing with hyperbole. 

Because the Oilers defense is that bad.  They're all massive liabilities, and frankly their play in their own zone isn't acceptable at the NHL level.  That's the thing with a team who doesn't care whether or not their defensemen can play defense.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yah the last few days I actually thought that it would be that pairing in the lineup.  They just make more sense than Hunt and Schenn.  Although, I don't know why they have Dowling over Hog and Pod on PP2.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Looks like Green thinks we really need Burroughs.

I do to. I'm stoked he got onto the starting lineup. Probably just until Hamonic comes back on the right side. But still good for him. We have a need for more defensive defensemen.  He reminds me of Tanev, not that I'm comparing him, he has a long way to go.  But just in his demeanour and efficiency with the puck.  If he could work out, be able to take the leap to the 6th D,  or just as a reliable call up.  Our new Biega. That would solve a lot of problems for Travis.