The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Well you have to look closer.

Islanders often get a nice rest before and after a back to back.

Not sure where you get 19 from?  They have 4 b2b's at home and 3 on the road.  And of those there are often multiple days off before and after.  So not much to complain about there.  All of our b2b's are on the road, usually with extra travel involved.

But we do have a MUCH better schedule than usual.  

they definitely have way more than 7 back to back.. just go to their schedule and count.. literally they have 8 saturday/sunday back to back games on the calender alone.. and they have what 6 of them with 2-3 days break? and the rest all 1 day? vancouver schedule usually doesn't suck it's the travelling but not much u can do when you are the north western most team in the league

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

they definitely have way more than 7 back to back.. just go to their schedule and count.. literally they have 8 saturday/sunday back to back games on the calender alone.. and they have what 6 of them with 2-3 days break? and the rest all 1 day? vancouver schedule usually doesn't suck it's the travelling but not much u can do when you are the north western most team in the league

OK, you're right (missed some).

Except the part where our schedule usually doesn't suck.

9 hours ago, -DLC- said:

i mean we can complain all we want but we play one of the least back to back and the one of the most playing teams on the 2nd night of a back to back while rested every year if you actually look it up. the travelling part though definitely sux and sometimes doens't even make sense

16 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That was the right call on the goal and the non-penalty. He interfered with Greiss. 

Yeah I was fine with the reffing for the most part.  I didn't like how they let anything go with Garland, so he got hit from behind into the boards and then got a two handed slash... no penalties, and then from the ensuing scrum they just evened it up.  Too much game management in that situation.  

There were two icing calls that went in our favour too.  Still, I'd rather take the 2 minute power play as opposed to the two icings that were borderline.  

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah I was fine with the reffing for the most part.  I didn't like how they let anything go with Garland, so he got hit from behind into the boards and then got a two handed slash... no penalties, and then from the ensuing scrum they just evened it up.  Too much game management in that situation.  

There were two icing calls that went in our favour too.  Still, I'd rather take the 2 minute power play as opposed to the two icings that were borderline.  

Ya they let Garland get assaulted for sure.

10 hours ago, Dannydog said:

We need to establish a net front presence . That’s something we hadn’t had in years. Bertuzzi in my opinion was the last player in my memory. All these wasted shots from the blue line when the keeper has eyes on it drives me insane. This is what’s missing on the pp,plan and simple . Not stand off to the side( Pearson) and hope to tip but actually SCREEN until after the shot is sent then look for rebounds.

Wasn't Chiasson supposed to be that net guy presence? 

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That was the right call on the goal and the non-penalty. He interfered with Greiss. 

but the video from above showed that Höglander didn't even touch Greiss. How was that the right call? Looked like a phantom call if you ask me. 

• Wat 1

17 hours ago, JM_ said:

Miller needs to stop thinking so much, he does seem to be forcing things.

Ya when I play sports I’m the same way. He needs to think less and just play. Honestly think he needs to add a daily mediation to his life. As silly as this sounds the talents all there and he’s a smart hockey player but when he try’s to do to much, or you can see him overthinking things he forces the play and turns it over 

he will figure it out 

Edited by R3aL
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Has there ever been a season where the schedule has been in our favour? Lol I think the amount of travel we do will be reduced now with Seattle a little but we always are the most travelled and/or have a terrible schedule 

Not sure I dig Dick at C so far. He played up and down the lineup as wing in Dallas and I would like to see how he does there.

When Boeser's back I would move Miller at 3rd C again. Petey/Miller haven't been great together so far. Miller/Hog had some chemistry last year so you could try them together on the 3rd line.

You then have the option to put Dick/Pod with Petey/Boeser. I would keep Pearson/Horvat/Garland together, they haven't been too bad together.

4th line needs Sutter. We've been struggling on the dot, PK and have no righty Cs.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not sure I dig Dick at C so far. He played up and down the lineup as wing in Dallas and I would like to see how he does there.

When Boeser's back I would move Miller at 3rd C again. Petey/Miller haven't been great together so far. Miller/Hog had some chemistry last year so you could try them together on the 3rd line.

You then have the option to put Dick/Pod with Petey/Boeser. I would keep Pearson/Horvat/Garland together, they haven't been too bad together.

4th line needs Sutter. We've been struggling on the dot, PK and have no righty Cs.

I would not expect Sutter to be back. What with long Covid causing fatigue, he has not be working out in how long now. It will take a long time to get into game shape if he recovers which I hope he does.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

uh huh 37 shots against an ahl team? dominated in the first period. and we blame it on the ref just like every other game this season lol.. what about the non existent powerplay? what about the non existent offense all of preseason and 2 of the 3 games so far? maybe all 3 games if hart didn't let beach balls in during that 2nd period. grats we dominated an AHL team grats we still haven't played a full 60 mins game in any of the regular season/preseason and end of last season yet, and which skilled players other than EP and Hughes get chances on this team? last i checked hoglander is on a 3rd line with checkers while Chiasson is playing PP1 extra men top line mins etc etc. oh and podz? his reward for scoring a goal last game? glue to the bench for the entire 3rd period.

Blah blah blah 

:picard: