The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

2 straight 8-0 losses could mean what else? 

No team in the NHL is bad enough to lose that way. 

who knows? ebola outbreak? the guys are so excited to be back on the road that they spend the first 2 weeks of the season hungover? bad breaks? 

teams lose sometimes. it's ok. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If someone wants to dump on Benning, fine, but that's a poor way to do it 

Dahlen didn't want to come in and put in his time, he wanted to be handed an NHL spot and requested a trade when he didn't get it 

That's on him, JB made the correct call in moving out someone who wasn't willing to put in the work 

He only made his NHL start this season.  He wanted first to work on his play away from the puck to feel ready to make the jump and contribute.  

58 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I have to jump on the fire Green bandwagon. He simply does not have a good strategy to win games and can’t seem to motivate them either. We can still have a season salvaged if they do this quick.

Hire Babcock

I’ve read enough stories about how Babcock treats his players to know I don’t want him anywhere around this team. We need a coaching change. But he’s not the guy. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, rekker said:

Was thinking the same thing. What does it say about Eichel as a leader. The guy always struck me as a bit of a prick and now the team is playing better without him. 

You often get that with sports teams when their best player is out of the lineup.  Everyone remaining on the roster ‘ups their game’.  It doesn’t generally last too long though.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Different kind of country club now but likely.  It’d be interesting to hear Schmidt’s authentic take on what the atmosphere was like 

Me too!   I suspect its either that he found our very weak coaching suspect or that he found this team had no identity - which was mainly caused by the sterilization of team and individual identity by having this team led by swedes over the last 20 years who tried to replace it with bland vanilla stoicism that many Normal Canadian hockey players don't buy into.

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’ve read enough stories about how Babcock treats his players to know I don’t want him anywhere around this team. We need a coaching change. But he’s not the guy. 

Yup.  That’s like firing a Bill Laforge & replacing him with a Mike Keenan.  

• Vintage 1

Tough second half to watch. Only bright spot is that the extra points that we’re handing out to Sabres and these other Eastern team will help to get them ahead of Leafs.

I hope we get our first regulation win soon.

• Cheers 1

I don’t think Pettersson gets any free passes anymore. We all accepted this kind of performance during his ELC cause he was young but now he’s coming off holding out and then signing a big bucks contract and he needs to play like it. 3/4 games with no points and no presence to start the year is unacceptable from your #1 center. He wants to be on a winning team but he needs to help the team win. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The only silver lining I can think of is that our division is absolute butts.

Beating Chicago and Seattle would really salvage things for me right now. Beating those teams would be enjoyable. Just hard to see it

right now 

I do recall someone on the coaching staff saying in the preseason that we were going to be a fast forechecking team. 

So far, it's been easy for teams to come out. 

I'll say it again: when you replace the players and the results are the same then it isn't the players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I'm not opposed to giving him a chance.  There's a chance he's grown from his experience, and he definitely understands the game and will hold the guys accountable.  A lot of the stuff coming out of Toronto was due to their core players not caring about winning and him trying to get them to put in the work necessary.

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Tough second half to watch. Only bright spot is that the extra points that we’re handing out to Sabres and these other Eastern team will help to get them ahead of Leafs.

I hope we get our first regulation win soon.

Not when you're getting 0 points in the process.