The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah, just like if EP or BB or Bo goes down, who do we have to replace them? No one. It works backwards too with the bottom 6 

Right now we can replace EP with a crash test dummy and have it a win. He has been awful.

10 minutes ago, 131313 said:

As much as I hate it I think I am saying tear it down and start over. Green is probably part of the problem but the forwards are flat out not good enough. Not looking forward to another rebuild but they don't have what it takes.

Id like to see how this team does with a real coach before tearing it down .

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

The guy consistently fails to get the best out of a talented group and it hasn't ever once occurred to him to try a different approach.

Done with it. Like imagine trying to defend Green right now.

A different POV, is welcomed cause it creates conversations but the on ice product is still suffering from very FAMILIAR issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 131313 said:

Seriously? Pettersson, Miller and Boeser all belong in the ECHL right now, none of them are even playing like AHLers and you are upset about Pearson and Highmore? This isn't a bottom 6 problem or a coaching problem,  the top forwards are a complete waste of roster spots right now.

They all mailed it in with there big contracts...

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The guy consistently fails to get the best out of a talented group and it hasn't ever once occurred to him to try a different approach.

Done with it. Like imagine trying to defend Green right now.

I don't really want to defend Green, he isn't great, I just don't think the best coach in the world could get anything out of these plugs right now.

24 minutes ago, AC30 said:

Sutter has taken a bunch of Canucks cast off’s and has turn that team around in Calgary…

They’re now at 6 and 2

They are first in the division.
sporting back to back 4-0 shutouts respectively.

Definitely it’s a coaching situation that we have here in Canuck-land

People hear me now believe me later

we need a way better coach

May I dare say torts.. heard he is available 

1 minute ago, aznmonk said:

May I dare say torts.. heard he is available 

You know what?

I think this roster would be a pretty good fit with Torts as a coach. I know that will be an unpopular opinion but it’s much different than the roster he had his 1 year here. 

I really don’t want Torts back but at least you know this team would be hard to play against. And he is actually pretty underrated at getting a lot out of his roster. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It is astounding that some strongly defend a coach with a record of having this team in the basement 7 of the 8 years he has been here. Same for the gm. These 2 are two of the longest tenured in the league with one of the worst records. Based on performance alone, they should be long gone. 

Yeah I agree. But aquaman spent all his money on the on ice, ice capades. He is broke so he finds the cheapest management he can put together and call it a day.  

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

You know what?

I think this roster would be a pretty good fit with Torts as a coach. I know that will be an unpopular opinion but it’s much different than the roster he had his 1 year here. 

I really don’t want Torts back but at least you know this team would be hard to play against. And he is actually pretty underrated at getting a lot out of his roster. 

He also worked well with Shaw.  Maybe bring him here until the end of the year to groom Shaw for the big job.  It can't be worse.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aznmonk said:

Yeah I agree. But aquaman spent all his money on the on ice, ice capades. He is broke so he finds the cheapest management he can put together and call it a day.  

Unfortunately he cant see that an investment now in a PoHO like Jim Rutherford, a new experienced GM and AGM, and a true experienced leader as head coach would be better investments than many of his player moves over the years.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Go listen to what Bieksa said about him last night on the panel. Even he says Petey needs more time to return from that kind of injury 

He also said we are team that has no identity and is fun to play against. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of management or coaching.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1