The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

Wait.... so we have more than enough RHD's now?? And Hunt will be a fulltime LHD on 3rd pairing? Something is not making sense...... can we pls get Juolevi back?????

rathbone will get a chance to shine and improve his defensive play. good move greener.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I feel like this is an end of days moment. If we are all getting hit by a giant asteroid or the sun suddenly burns out today, then it’s been a privilege battling with you on cdc all these years.

Cheers sir.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EliasBoeser said:

Everyone worrying about Rathbone getting sent down relax.  Hamonic will likely get hurt tomorrow night (seeing as he’s been rushed) and he’ll be recalled.

It could even be just a paper transaction to see if Hamonic is even ready

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I love the old league parity argument. Maybe the problem is that especially given all the hype about the upgraded roster by the same people now saying it’s not bad, the expectations for performance is way lower than it should be?

It's not an argument.  It's a fact.   The cap era, once a few years in and the old guard retired and old system died out .... some say vanilla and id agree.   Any team that isn't crushed by taxes, can come in and make the conference final or win a cup these days.    TB ... Florida .. Vegas lol these "contenders" have one thing in common, a slim to larger 10-15% advantage and they make the most of it these days.   They really do.    Before the cap ... Detroit and NYR were both spending like crazy and absolutely there was a massive difference between them and the little man.   The NHL i'd say is about the closest thing you could create  to sports communism.  Well it could be closer if they penalized teams with less tax.   

Get why the players disclosed salaries.  Hockey before that was pretty darn perfect though.   Now.   Well just look at how even every team is.   Sure out of 32 teams we have some that are bad, and some that are kind of good.  But most are right in the middle.   If EP was doing his thing we'd be on right now.  One simple thing.    I haven't watched a truly dominant team in a very long time.  Pre-cap Detroit mid 90's. 

Edit:  I'd say CHI second cup but that was half a year ... doesn't count it could have ended up around 110 points pre loser points that is.   Nothing special.   But still pretty good. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I feel like this is an end of days moment. If we are all getting hit by a giant asteroid or the sun suddenly burns out today, then it’s been a privilege battling with you on cdc all these years.

Cheers sir.

Same brother. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

What a horrible mindset.

Boo a player because you don't like management?

Mods, please do something about this. No one should be advocating to run a player out of town in this regard.

I agree with you about people booing specific players to make a point for management…asinine. 

But the fact that you call for the Mods to do something about it is everything that’s wrong with our culture right now. People with opinions you disagree with are still entitled to their opinion.

Mods, at ease. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

To summarize.........................

So Hamonic get 1 game of conditioning?

Rathbone plays his best game and was one of the better players last game........so he gets sent down

Who is making these decisions? (rhetorical question)

You're right of course. Should have sent OEL down. What was Benning thinking here?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

It could even be just a paper transaction to see if Hamonic is even ready

Well, certainly it’s “paper” in the sense that Abby doesn’t play a game again until this coming Friday.

And they only have four games on their schedule in the next two weeks (while the parent club has seven NHL games during that same period).

It would seem the move is more about opening up a roster spot, while avoiding waiver risk, rather than giving Rathbone an opportunity to play significant minutes.

OMG the amount of crying over this is ridiculous...

1) Rathbone had a better game but was still a tire fire in his own end at points. If he stays down he'll play 20+ minutes a game. This isn't a bad thing. 

2) Hammonic is might be up to practice and see where he is at and make a plan. He can be sent back for condition I think. 

3) Our defense is that bad that I don't doubt Ham will be rushed but &^@# they need to do something.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

To summarize.........................

So Hamonic get 1 game of conditioning?

Rathbone plays his best game and was one of the better players last game........so he gets sent down

Who is making these decisions? (rhetorical question)

Think he is the unfortunate victim of the team needing to defend better... Not surprised about this move. If OJ had still been here, it would have happened a few games ago... Rathbone will be back...eventually...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, EliasBoeser said:

Everyone worrying about Rathbone getting sent down relax.  Hamonic will likely get hurt tomorrow night (seeing as he’s been rushed) and he’ll be recalled.

i fully agree and am very, very worried he's going to pay the price.  I realize that Coach green is extremely desperate to win a single game to try and avoid what we all know is inevitable for his fate - but WOW - this smells of desperation and is dangerous for his health.

So disheartening to see the way green is coaching this team.  It's just unbelievable he's still here and allowed to carry on this way.

Edited by RU SERIOUS