The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Same. I don't see longevity with how we are playing under him. 

He's very fortunate Demko, Miller, and Garland bailed him out tonight, given how ineffective our PK and PP were. PP1 time after time, despite it obviously looking disjointed. The management of Podz's minutes. 

A win brightens the room, but it's one win in a game that had no business being as close as it was. 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, Warhawk said:

Not sure why people are saying this, it was a disaster out there.  The Rangers were asleep from having to PK the whole time, we were at home and we provided nothing until the third period.  Special teams is the new NHL and we are struggling big time

Ditto, outside of the third and Demko this game was headed into a more familiar ending.  But the effort was obvious.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He didn’t win $&!#. He was a passenger in this win train. 

The team won on their own effort. Particularly Demko, Miller, Podz and several others who upped their play individually. 

Green was his usual blender/blunder self. 

Green deserves no praise or credit for this win.

Edit- And Garland! How could I have forgotten to mention probably our best forward tonight. :picard:

If he doesn't deserve any credit, then you can't blame him for the losses either. It doesn't work that way. 

We've been criticizing his systems for the mounting losses over the last 3 games at home, then he wins this one, and he still gets criticized? 

Help me understand what do you mean when you say Green was his usual blender/blunder self? Why doesn't he deserve any praise or credit for this win? 

I agree with you that Garland definitely the best player tonight against the Rangers. He was buzzing out there all night. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

If he doesn't deserve any credit, then you can't blame him for the losses either. It doesn't work that way. 

We've been criticizing his systems for the mounting losses over the last 3 games at home, then he wins this one, and he still gets criticized? 

Help me understand what do you mean when you say Green was his usual blender/blunder self? Why doesn't he deserve any praise or credit for this win? 

I agree with you that Garland definitely the best player tonight against the Rangers. He was buzzing out there all night. 

Name 3 things that Green specifically did that contributed significantly to the win.

Now do the same for all the losses.

Thats what sharp means.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think Bailey's been good overall.  He struggled at 5 on 5 today and some of it was on him and some of it was on his linemates.  He was very good on the PK though and his speed was really noticeable.  

When Motte comes back I think we will see Chiasson come out first, and then the interesting point will come when Highmore comes back from injury.  I think that Bailey's actually been a bit better then Highmore even though I'm a big fan of Highmore's style (reminds me a lot of Motte).  

Really excited to see Dickinson play with two of Motte, Bailey and Highmore as he will look much better with speed on his wings. 

Could the team keep Bailey as the extra forward? 

Dickinson, Motte, Highmore could be a really irritating line. That would be our fourth line right? Because if that's the third line where do you put Podkolzin and Höglander? 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

The game could had gone either way and the PP's in the second pretty much kept the Rags from there game (for the most part); eventhough, they capitalized on there PP chances in that same period.

Something to build on; despite of Green & friends - imo.  Anyways, finally a home win.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Good teams don’t have to rely on luck finding them. They make their own luck. 

Our PP is pretty much garbage. No finish or killer instinct on it at all.

Switch OEL for Hughes and Garland for Miller. Might be able to hit the net and make a play.

Yah, and did the Canucks rely on luck tonight?  No, they didn't.  They won the game despite being snakebitten compared to the Rangers.  You can't just say "Oh, it doesn't matter if the power play is unlucky, they have to score anyway."  There have been many games back from 2010 where the special teams were out of this world good, yet the Canucks still came out on the wrong end of how many PP goals were scored.  IT'S BECAUSE LUCK IS A THING THAT EXISTS.  This game was the most complete by the Canucks from beginning to end this season, and if you say this wasn't, please tell me a game that was.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2