The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kyle Rittenhouse. Murder or self defense ?

MaxVerstappen33

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

yeah they aren't far right neo fascists, with some chapters that include white nationalists. They're just proud of being boys :rolleyes:

Never heard of these idiots before.  But their using the “okay” hand jester as some secret club sign doesn’t mean that jester is now bad.  It means that group is full of idiots.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Never heard of these idiots before.  But their using the “okay” hand jester as some secret club sign doesn’t mean that jester is now bad.  It means that group is full of idiots.  

People can make the "OK" hand gesture all they want without being cancelled. However, you can't play dumb when you're doing it as a dog whistle, because the benefit of the doubt isn't an automatic thing you're going to get when hanging out with people wearing "pinochet did nothing wrong" t-shirts. The swastika was made by my culture and stolen by a certain Austrian man, now westerners equate it with something else. Symbols change meaning and mean different things to different people.

Edited by Kurgom
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

People can make the "OK" hand gesture all they want without being cancelled. However, you can't play dumb when you're doing it as a dog whistle, because the benefit of the doubt isn't an automatic thing you're going to get when hanging out with people wearing "pinochet did nothing wrong" t-shirts. The swastika was made by my culture and stolen by a certain Austrian man, now westerners equate it with something else. Symbols change meaning and mean different things to different people.

So now the Nazi use of the swastika is equivalent to what these idiots (who 99.99% of the world population have never heard of) are doing with the “okay” hand jester?  Come on.  The kid is a murdering coward.  Those in his clubhouse are idiots.  But the “okay” hand jester is in no way not okay.  Okay?  And do we change ASL too, because of these idiots?  

image.jpeg.a495fd74d485fabead8b3b2055cfd392.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

For those of us who don’t know what you’re referring to please spell it out.  This hand jester always meant “okay” to me.  What’s the “WP” mean?  So this little murdering weasel belongs to a group of crazies and they’ve adopted the “okay” jester for their club secret handshake?  Seriously, what in the heck are you suggesting?  We shouldn’t make the okay hand jester because it’s bad now?  On my iPad, when I type “okay”, that hand jester automatically comes up as an image.  

This kid is a murdering coward, who seems to belong to a larger group of idiots, but what in the heck is wrong with the okay hand sign?  

As others have hinted it's supposed to signify white power. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AfterMath35 said:

While he definitely shouldn't be at a bar while underage and presumably on bail, i don't see how that makes him racist? Isn't the leader of the proud boys Spanish or Mexican? I'd like a legit source that they are actually a racist group. Also this whole idea that "ok" hand signal can be considered some sort of racist sign is just hilariously pathetic to me

Wow, this is litterally the first time I have ever heard someone try to make the argument that the proud boys aren't a race motivated domestic terrorist group. At this point isn't that just common knowledge? That is truely hilariously pathetic to me.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Wow, this is litterally the first time I have ever heard someone try to make the argument that the proud boys aren't a race motivated domestic terrorist group. At this point isn't that just common knowledge? That is truely hilariously pathetic to me.

I’d never heard of them.  Clearly loser idiots, but are they a big group?  Are they associated with KKK or something?  

Just now, Alflives said:

I’d never heard of them.  Clearly loser idiots, but are they a big group?  Are they associated with KKK or something?  

They are an neo-fascist American domestic terrorist group. If you want to know about them, you can do do your own research Alf.

17 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

As others have hinted it's supposed to signify white power. 

Isn’t it more so ASL for number nine and to the rest of us “okay”?  Seriously, what % of the world population knows of these idiots?  The kid is a murdering coward.  His buddies are idiots.  The okay hand gesture, or number nine in ASL, is fine.  

Edited by Alflives

So are some of you suggesting here that if old Alf, while on his scooter travelling down Granville, signals the standard and well known hand gesture for “okay” to someone it will be interpreted as a sign of hate and membership in some Nazi cult of idiots?

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I'm not arguing anything? I have just been asking for legit proof that they are an actual racist group and so far other than accusations no one has been able to provide actual proof. Just "OMG THEY ARE SOO RACIST LOOK AT THEM DO A HAND SIGNAL. CANT YOU SEE HOW RACIST THEY ARE!?!?!" Not good enough for me

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, AfterMath35 said:

I'm not arguing anything? I have just been asking for legit proof that they are an actual racist group and so far other than accusations no one has been able to provide actual proof. Just "OMG THEY ARE SOO RACIST LOOK AT THEM DO A HAND SIGNAL. CANT YOU SEE HOW RACIST THEY ARE!?!?!" Not good enough for me

https://www.wpr.org/weekend-roundup-wisconsin-proud-boys-detail-racist-antisemitic-homophobic-culture

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/florida-jewish-journal/fl-jj-proud-boys-rebrand-20201111-kp4cr7l5pbdnxguwyb3xq4m63e-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/30/who-proud-boys-group-mentioned-debate-has-violent-history/5868406002/

If you google the proud boys this is all litterally on the first page.

Further more, I already provided Alf with proof that the hand sign in question is widely concurred a white power sign in far right culture. You can just scroll on up and check that if you care.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Vintage 2