The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kyle Capobianco, Marian Studenic

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Capobianco?   Studenic?  At this point I think the NHL is just making up names of players on waivers to try and create some interest on a quiet Sunday.

Kinda like EA NHL games where in later years of franchise mode you get these weird name combos in the draft like Jim Ovechkin, or Sergei Smith or Artemi Mangiapane.

2 hours ago, on the cycle said:

Anyone remember Ryan Stanton?

I remember Stanton well. I thought he was a good third-pairing guy, we picked him up from Chicago. Honestly though Capobianco must be really bad if Arizona is cutting him. They have Stralman, Chychrun, Soderstrom, Gostisbehere, Timmins and Lyubshkin, to me that's the worst defense in the NHL. So Capobianco, if he's getting jettisoned for guys like Dysin Mayo and Cam Dineen chances are he's better off in the AHL. 

But yeah, Ryan Stanton, I always thought he was good. Both years he was here, I can't remember who he was partnered up with if I had to guess I'd say Kevin Bieksa or Yannick Weber, because Stanton is a leftie. When he was here though, IMO he was a very strong player. Steady, dependable and defensively sound. I thought he had the potential to replace Tanev. Some players can't kick it into that extra gear though and that's what happened. 

• 2 weeks later...