The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 07, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Loved Hoglander’s game.  He creates so many turnovers. Even though he doesn’t get rewarded he creates so many chances for our team.  

Love to see him on the PK 

Puck always seems to gravitate towards him. Quick stick gets in there. 

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

JT Miller is by far the most underappreciated Canuck here. Even in games he looks off he still produces points and has an intense inner fire to want to win, which sometimes admittedly hinders him. Heart and soul guys are talked about a lot on this forum and Miller is absolutely one of those guys.

FWIW I would’ve said this even had we lost or had he not scored tonight. Serious steal for only a 1st rounder.

Give the Canucks another 10 more Miller, and Garlands please!!!! 

50 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

JT Miller is by far the most underappreciated Canuck here. Even in games he looks off he still produces points and has an intense inner fire to want to win, which sometimes admittedly hinders him. Heart and soul guys are talked about a lot on this forum and Miller is absolutely one of those guys.

FWIW I would’ve said this even had we lost or had he not scored tonight. Serious steal for only a 1st rounder.

Personally I only see a player that takes advantage of Petey being heavily guarded by the other team.

Hughes and Miller has almost an autobahn into the offensive zone.

DeNiro talked about it earlier in this thread.

2 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Seriously? 
me… slamming a 6 pack and crushing hot spicy wings from my living room watching the games on my dinosaur 720p plasma TV has been screaming at my tv early last year saying this exact same thing…..

how much do these coaches make per year? I’m available to help out !

hey benning! Send me a PM (I know you read these boards, you too Sportsnet)h 

I think there's 37 of us have been iterating the same damn thing on these boards! Green is too ego and stubborn to hear from lowly fans. 

Gaurantee you, we'll see friggin Chiasson in again eating up prime minutes and ice time. 

I'm happy to see he's givin over to the players and added their creativity. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hamonic was very solid and excellent on the PK.  Burroughs was good but you could tell it was awkward for him to be on the left side.  We definitely need a LHD to play with Hamonic.

I think he can adjust over the next few games and get more comfortable there. For now. No need to spend expensive draft picks in a hurry to get one. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I suppose that's why he continued to produce when Petey was injured last year.

It’s always a period when it continues as he has good company in Hughes, Boeser and Horvat back then in PP.

How many points back then when Petey was injured were 5v5?

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

It’s always a period when it continues as he has good company in Hughes, Boeser and Horvat back then in PP.

How many points back then when Petey was injured were 5v5?

MAYBE he's just a good hockey player that knows how to produce? I know it's unbelievable that there are good non-Swedish players in the league, but believe it or not there actually are.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

MAYBE he's just a good hockey player that knows how to produce? I know it's unbelievable that there are good non-Swedish players in the league, but believe it or not there actually are.

What are you on about? 
When did I ever say anything like that? 

5 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

I almost posted in the GDT that the Canucks were going to score 5 or more goals tonight. But I didn’t. Could have looked like a genius.

Nice to see the results more match the talent level on the the team. Win the last game on this home stand and at least it won’t be a COMPLETE disaster of a home stand. 

And anyone else surprised at Podz’s shot? Dude was billed as a playmaker with his shot needing some work. Kid can absolutely rip it. And I love to see Travis slowly taking the shackles off him. And he’s only 20 folks.

Podz is on track to take and keep a roster spot this season for sure.   Just over 9 minutes of ice time and a few nice goals (3 now i think).   Also a plus one.    Nice hits too.   So far has come as advertised.   Kids going to make a lot of fans.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

#FreePodz 

And if he's not, have him practice PK in practice, there's no way that couldn't be part of his toolbox 

It sure is ... same with an elite shot, something i tried to say before the season started and had to get into a minor debate about it.   That's part of the reports anyways.    Heavy accurate shot for sure - same with most NHL blue chippers.   Still hoping he's our Russian version of Brady Tkachuk.   PK is something his coaches relied on him for on a stacked KHL team.   Green is just easing him in ... confidence goes a long way for rookies and their development.   Hopefully 14 minutes is now his normal ice time  ... including time on both special teams eventually up to 16 plus this season hopefully as well. 

Regardless our top nine looks very good.   Maybe this is the start of better things, the PP exploded and wow what a difference in the game.   Solid game regardless .... except our PK.     Show's even with one of those things on, our team is dangerous.   Nice to play with a nice lead for part of the game too.   Demko....wonder if he said anything between periods.    Leadership?   I think Garland is right, that room is full of them. 

• Like 2

Kudos for Burroughs.   But our left side D needs a PKer.   OEL takes a penalty and it's almost a sure goal...Nobody that great at it on the left side.   OJ.   Well would he really be worse then Burroughs?  Know he's playing the left side .... so kudos for him and the W... but that's going to hurt our chances.   Right now if OEL or Myers goes down...this team is in for some very tough games.    Also the teams doing a much better job overall then the last 2-3 years in keeping the shot clock down.   Those 35-40plus shot games...so far seem to be a thing of the past which is great.  

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he can adjust over the next few games and get more comfortable there. For now. No need to spend expensive draft picks in a hurry to get one. 

It's a problem though.   Don't want OEL to change his game one bit...but if he ends up with a penalty it's almost a guaranteed goal.   

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Podz is on track to take and keep a roster spot this season for sure.   Just over 9 minutes of ice time and a few nice goals (3 now i think).   Also a plus one.    Nice hits too.   So far has come as advertised.   Kids going to make a lot of fans.  

Podz will be our top winger by years end.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Norris Trophy watch:

Shattenkirk:  12 points  +6

Josi:  12 points  +3

DeAngelo:  10 points  +11

Ekblad:  10 points  +9

Fox:  12 points  +3

Hughes:  10 points  +6

Hedman:  10 points  +3

Heiskanen:  11 points  -4

Makar:  6 points  -8

McAvoy:  5 points  +1

Tony DeAngelo at $1 million is probably the best bang for the buck in the NHL...

Points dont mean everything.  Btw Ekblads easily been the best dman in the game this year.

• Vintage 1