The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 11, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

No what we need is an NHL level coach. Quit hiring AHL bums like Baumgartner, Jason King, Green, Willie D etc. This team has had many turnovers but has not hired one real good coach since AV left. No point in changing players  adding and subtracting every year when we play the same loser system for a decade now. The team has no identity, they suck both offensively and defensively. 

Bang on here.  None of these guys will make a dressing stop and listen.  The trouble is, all of the tough, truculent coaches are now getting booted from the NHL!  

How about a totally different Coach?

Peter Forsbergs dad. Kent Forsberg. He supposed to be a great coach. Hes got tons of experience and im sure the players would have huge respect for him.

he Coached the National team for years and Modo. The Sedins old team.

03692190-498F-4843-A349-033B1A90BFDD.jpeg

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

I never for one second thought I'd start to miss jayce hawerluk

Lol remember Travis Boyd? Guy has 3 points in 6 games (2 goals, 1 assist)

Jimmy Vesey has 3 goals in 12 games. 20 goal season pace lmao. 

Seems every player (except the ones we sent to Arizona) is thriving after they leave us. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

How about a totally different Coach?

Peter Forsbergs dad. Kent Forsberg. He supposed to be a great coach. Hes got tons of experience and im sure the players would have huge respect for him.

03692190-498F-4843-A349-033B1A90BFDD.jpeg

Honestly willing to take anyone as long as they can start tomorrow afternoon.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Coach killer game ... Green's time is up, and it has to be now, otherwise this is yet another lost season.  Good beer league and perhaps junior coach, but not a pro coach.  He's ruined too many players and destroyed too many of our hopes ands dreams to stay any longer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Houdini said:

I wonder if the AVs had fun playing against us.

After the first couple of shifts they didn’t have the insensitivity required to keep pounding this hapless crew led by such a feckless coach. So, they mostly just laid back and watched us demolish ourselves - now that is something at which we excel. Tortturella, our former coach, was much more fun at moments like these.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

When they decided to throw away players like Gadj, Mack, OJ you knew the direction they were taking.  They chose wrong.  This team is full of pushovers.  

out with Mac, Gadj and Oli

in with Petan, Chiasson, Rathbone and Hunt

I don't want to pick on Rathbone, but he was gassed about 15 seconds before the 4th goal

guys were pushing him around with one arm

and 5'11' Tyson Jost let him off the hook or he may have gotten injured tonight

I like the kid, but he is in way over his head

I guess 2 games in Abby weren't enough for him to fill out into a mans body

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Bang on here.  None of these guys will make a dressing stop and listen.  The trouble is, all of the tough, truculent coaches are now getting booted from the NHL!  

We hired nhl coaches for stale hockey players. Now we are hiring stale ahl coaches for younger players.. you see what's wrong with the picture.  Coaches and players are not aligning up....ahl coaches belong in the ahl unless they win the Calder cup consistently.. 

Like SPENCER CARBERY now an assistant for the Leafs... key word assistant not head... but green hey he skipped all that step and became head of the table.... 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Na here's a full season for green to redeem himself.  Because.of the shorten season last year we didn't really have a chance to evaluate the team = stealth tank..  it's why green still has a job....everyone please this is a calculated stealth tank.  It's why everyone is pointing fingers..... 

Masterful!

1 minute ago, lmm said:

out with Mac, Gadj and Oli

in with Petan, Chiasson, Rathbone and Hunt

I don't want to pick on Rathbone, but he was gassed about 15 seconds before the 4th goal

guys were pushing him around with one arm

and 5'11' Tyson Jost let him off the hook or he may have gotten injured tonight

I like the kid, but he is in way over his head

I guess 2 games in Abby weren't enough for him to fill out into a mans body

I like Rathbone, but let's all remember that he's a rookie, what was he? A 5th round draft choice? 

Tonight's loss wasn't on him. The entire team played didn't even show up. Played like they wanted Green fired. I have no idea who the &^@# this team is, but they aren't the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1