The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Losing is winning we get a high draft pick and will lead to some serious cleaning. This current garbage roster ain’t havin any success this season so why cheer for them to win???

Pettersson says Hi!

Can't get much higher a draft pick than that!

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I'll never cheer for the Canucks to lose, and I've been a die-hard fan as long as you.

But it's very apparent things aren't working out with Greener, especially into his 5th season. 

The decision to change players or management should not come down to one game but be based on the   body of work and trends.  Evenn if the Canucks find a way to win tonight, the issues around the team and their inconsistent and uninspired play most games remains. 

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

Getzlaf has been having his way with our team forever ... We have no answer to what Comtois and Manson can bring.... 

Thanks fully they're not as rugged as they used to be... but there's snarl there.

I was hoping Bailey and Lamikko could bring some grit to our 4th line. They are big guys and have played okay but no sign of them really troubling the opposition.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

I want this team to make the playoffs.  That won't happen as long as Green is still allowed to destroy the team with his incompetence.  I want an actual NHL coach ASAP, and unfortunately getting the losing over with is the quickest way to accomplish that.  I won't go as far as cheering for a loss, but I sure as hell won't be going out of my way to watch the team as long as Green is still behind the bench.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Pettersson says Hi!

Can't get much higher a draft pick than that!

Yeah saw someone make a Wright comment. Like it’s not even a possibility. We could lose every fricken game and still not pick 1st. Losing does nothing at this point. There’s no rebuilding a rebuild. We either fix things with what we got or prepare to suffer for another 10 years 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah saw someone make a Wright comment. Like it’s not even a possibility. We could lose every fricken game and still not pick 1st. Losing does nothing at this point. There’s no rebuilding a rebuild. We either fix things with what we got or prepare to suffer for another 10 years 

Looks like another 10years of suffering 

4 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Losing is winning we get a high draft pick and will lead to some serious house cleaning. This current garbage roster ain’t havin any success this season so why cheer for them to win???

This makes no sense.  You cheer for the team you say you’re a fan of to lose?  Seriously?  “Let’s lose one for the Gipper”.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

What a goof.

I'll tell you whatever the Marchand I want to.

Suck it up.

Cheering for a loss (whatever your entitled reasons) is not cheering for the team.

Cool, I'll return the favor then. 

THIS TEAM SUCKS. If the only way for this team to stop sucking long term is to suck even more short term, then I hope that's what happens. 

So yeah, I'm going to cheer for a loss tonight, and the next game, and the game after that, and I will continue to cheer for losses until the necessary changes are made.

You don't like it? Suck it up, buttercup. 

GO DUCKS

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

The decision to change players or management should not come down to one game but be based on the   body of work and trends.  Evenn if the Canucks find a way to win tonight, the issues around the team and their inconsistent and uninspired play most games remains. 

That's the whole point. It's now into the 5th season and things aren't moving in an upward trajectory. It's clearly time for a change and imo, it's time to move on from Green.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

You just don't get it.

And won't admit it.

Quit cheering for our team to lose.

That is it.

I think you’re misunderstanding how sometimes a desire for a change is manifested, especially amongst a fan base.

If you look at the underlying numbers, for the most part, this team is failing in a lot of categories. You can be the one cheering the loudest in the rink but that is not going to make up for nor manifest a change in poor mechanics, composition and drive. 

Telling someone to not voice their opinion about the state of the franchise is equivalent to putting horse blinders on and speaking the same gibberish we’ve heard in countless post game interviews thus far. 

Change doesn’t arrive from hope and well wishes. It arrives from action.

If you’re a real fan of this team, or have life experience, you can accept that as well. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

THIS TEAM SUCKS. If the only way for this team to stop sucking long term is to suck even more short term, then I hope that's what happens. 

So yeah, I'm going to cheer for a loss tonight, and the next game, and the game after that, and I will continue to cheer for losses until the necessary changes are made.

GO DUCKS

Well, at least you are learning how to get mad.

That was your question, wasn't it?

How to get mad?

Relax dude; you'll feel better.

We're gonna win today and that will help (not hurt).

No apologies for ruffling your little downy feathers Ducky.

Just get mad!

GCG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

GO DUCKS

You need booze.  

• Cheers 3