The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

25 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

And that's ultimately the good thing for us fans ..... it's out of our hands entirely. We just get to sit back and observe ... no real stake in the proceedings. 

The real stake in the proceedings is whether or not we put money into the Canucks and AQ. So yes, it is in our hands. 

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For all the talk that fans here are rabid and toxic, these guys have it easy.

Try playing football in Europe or South America as a losing coach.

Id say we go pretty easy on them considering we’ve been the worst team in the league the last 5 years.

True. Chelsea owner Roman Abramovitch changes his managers like he changes his socks. If they don't perform they're gone, whatever the cost. Frank Lampard was a Chelsea legend, but when he didn't produce a cup or a successful league position he was fired. The same would be true at Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus.

It's all about having a winning culture. Sadly we don't have it.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

I'm always open to ideas to improve a team in smart ways, but anyone picking out JT as a problem doesn't know what they are talking about.

I've always liked Benning, gaffes and all, but its time to re-set the culture. He's had a good run, i don't feel bad for him. Green too. Starting top-down makes sense to me, and its actually the easiest thing Aqulini can do.

JT isn’t a problem. His stock is high, and we likely can’t afford him in the future

• Like 1

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Always found it cringe when a vancouverite with no ties to seattle proclaimed their love for the seahwaks.  The Seahawks dont care for or need fans up here. 

It comes from only having a couple channels (back when you had to get up to change the channel).

The 2 US stations were both from Seattle, King and Komo (is that right?).

Then I fell for a couple players, Steve Largent for example.

Way better than Vancouverites who loved the Coil and that skinny kid, what's his name again?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You have really weird random hate you know that?

Not random.  My hate for all other NHL cities is inversely proportional to the amount of fans they have.  Lots of fans, like Toronto and Montreal and I hate them more than very few fans, like Arizona (Chychrun sucks old socks) and Florida.  

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Always found it cringe when a vancouverite with no ties to seattle proclaimed their love for the seahwaks.  The Seahawks dont care for or need fans up here. 

I saw Russell Wilson up here at UBC golf course many years ago.  He was short and sucking an old smelly sock.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, -DLC- said:

So frustrated players venting in the room are an issue?

I believe it's just part of losing.  Corey should really understand that part.

Besides, Hirsch has been trying to sell his narrative for awhile now and clearly isn't Miller's biggest fan.  This is from May:

Well, my liking for Corey has gone up a little. Till now all I'd heard or seen was his" You know" statements.

Agree or disagree, at least he was willing to name names.

And perhaps Corey does believe it is more than just frustrated players.

I  give former players more of a listen than the "regular sports" media.

However his statement from May, does not have to be the one he is alluding to now. Things change-except for Canuck fans :(

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Quinn should have stood his ground with stupid Mac and told him Wayne's word  is gold.

It could have been a real money maker for the Canucks with #99 jerseys everywhere and sold out every game. 

Another negative in the Canucks history.

And then Quinn goes looking for another job.

Most bosses won't tolerate an employee that does not do what he is told.

• Vintage 1