The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Nov 17 | 6 PM PT | Apathy Edition

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, we're about to watch the best version of this team tonight. They know what's going on, they know how important getting a win is tonight.  I expect their best effort, and if they still lose convincingly, then this team is bad and will need to make changes. I'm getting to that point now where I'm critical of every player, especially the stars. Pettersson has been awful. Boeser and Horvat have been pretty non-existent. Miller plays gritty, but he lacks in backchecking and D game, and he hands out some terrible giveaways.  Hughes has improved his D game, but he's no longer the flashy mobile waterbug out there. Hardly notice him much anymore.

I've liked Hoglander, Garland, OEL and Podkolzin this year. That's it.  The rest of the team better wake up.

Demko's been as good as a goaltender could be, considering the cluster(expletive deleted) happening around him. 

What has happened to Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, and others? Did they just collectively lose focus? Why would they choose to do so when they all were talking about how important of a season this is? Why do the exact opposite? 

Why? Why? WHY?????

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, we're about to watch the best version of this team tonight. They know what's going on, they know how important getting a win is tonight.  I expect their best effort, and if they still lose convincingly, then this team is bad and will need to make changes. I'm getting to that point now where I'm critical of every player, especially the stars. Pettersson has been awful. Boeser and Horvat have been pretty non-existent. Miller plays gritty, but he lacks in backchecking and D game, and he hands out some terrible giveaways.  Hughes has improved his D game, but he's no longer the flashy mobile waterbug out there. Hardly notice him much anymore.

I've liked Hoglander, Garland, OEL and Podkolzin this year. That's it.  The rest of the team better wake up.

Yeah, big game versus a good team and facing real adversity from the get go.

If the players don’t show up and actually put in a real effort tonight it’s not just a statement on the status quo. It’d be more an exclamation of being a lame duck roster begging for coaching changes.

when I say real effort, I don’t even care about a win. I’m talking completing the basics…finishing checks, focusing on safe crisp passes, simple and proper zone coverage and entry, keep moving but take shorter shifts and audible communication. 

Basic hockey. The fundamentals that will eventually help rebuild confidence and cohesion.

Enough of this scattered, drop/behind the back, long cross ice fancy passing stuff that is often low ratio. The players aren’t on the same page enough right now for that to be considered effective.

oh and please no more collapsing box on the PK. Play man to man umbrella and force the shot from outside the circles because Demko can stop all of it from range. Collapsing is just increasing the amount of shots and the percentage for the opposition. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

No change means, they will lose again tonight, nothing is inspiring them, certainly not the coaching staff, ...the losing streak continues....if they are lucky it they may lose by less than 5 goals....

Until the hometown crowd boos, don't expect any changes. If they lose tonight like they have been, expect boos.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Huge deal guys

Canada beating Mexico is a big freaking deal 

This is what I love about National teams.

I have never been a fan of the sport but seeing Canada men's and especially women's become relevant and seeing the whole Country support them is awesome.

Seeing them beat Mexico in an arctic tundra with 50000 fans going nuts was surreal.

When people think of Canada the first thing said is its cold and snows a lot,  we also are rabid and nuts and  being a prairie boy I love that we embrace the fact we live in a cold rough country where flannel and toques are needed not worn as a fashion choice by hipsters emulating ruggedness. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

This could be the game to be at - lots of drama against one of the best teams in the league.  Green will be sweating bullets behind the bench I'm sure, giggling nervously at the penalties being called against them. I get this feeling that even when he gets mad and yells after a bad call, the refs don't even listen to him.

If they win this game, what a game to be at!  But if they lose, stil...what a game to be at! 

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes has been very good for me this year. 

OEL, Hughes, Myers, Burroughs, Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Highmore, and of course Demko. 

Those guys I've had no issues with. 

It’s panic time 

Just like on Vancouver island right now. Everyone losing their minds buying all the groceries and gas they can. 
someone said the supply lines are cut.

Me I think it’s Jb/ Green running a distraction it’s was probably them that called in that storm to. 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

10 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think drunk Aunty has smashed the wine glass against the wall

So pretty much no more dignity and decorum left for this game 

may be time to put her in a home…

a home for “the shut-ins, the pensioners, the blind, those folks that can’t make it out to the game”.

Jim Robson would have welcomed her with open arms.

image.gif

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Its weird b/c I want us to win but i kinda want us to also lose badly so Green can get fired halfway through the game 

I could just see Benning walking onto the bench, tapping Green on the shoulder and both of them walking down the tunnel. :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, combover said:

It’s panic time 

Just like on Vancouver island right now. Everyone losing their minds buying all the groceries and gas they can. 
someone said the supply lines are cut.

Me I think it’s Jb/ Green running a distraction it’s was probably them that called in that storm to. 

Those people are friggin’ morons!  :lol: