The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

When you go into the season knowing that you don't have enough depth on the PK, then you really can't complain about how tough it is to lose players.

Highmore is/was never much of a penalty killer.

Sutter being out wasn't a surprise to JB, so what did he do about it? Nothing. Could have picked up Derek Grant off waivers as a replacement.

Motte being out is not overly surprising either, as he is always getting injured with how he plays. What was the plan B? Yep, you guessed it, nothing. Again, JB could have picked up someone like Blake Comeau off waivers.

Both Grant and Comeau would have been useful depth even when Motte and (perhaps) Sutter returned.

Dickinson has been out for only 2 games.

His top 3 penalty killers were out. I also believe green had enough to make due  better then he has. Obviously,  no pk is going to be at its best with that many top pk  guys out , but green has not motivated , or managed what he has .

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, AC30 said:

JB is ultimately responsible for this -

he chose the coaching staff and the players 

time to move on from JB 

NO MORE ROOKIE GM’S or COACHES WE NEED PROVEN WINNERS

Forget about winners we need wieners ! 

B9E77255-F304-4286-A04D-FB609F20328E.png

• Haha 2

Sorry....yes I forgot Hoggy!!! If we had a new GM and they had a sweet offer for JT Miller he can be dealt and Hoggy take the spot, But this is just a trial for a game to get EP and BB going. Hoggy is on fire, hence my mistake is actually a S M R T move...he can produce and spark his own line #3!!!

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Markstrom winning the Vezina this season will just be the icing on the cake for Canucks fans.

He's having one hell of a year to start. 5 shutouts already. Could be on his way to 10 SO the entire season, maybe more. 

I understand why management allowed Markström to walk. But if they decided that Demko was the guy, couldn't they at least have traded him and rolled the dice with Demmers moving forward? They allowed yet another asset to walk away for nothing. That has been an MO of this current management. I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed Miller to walk for free instead of trading him for pieces coming back. It's the way of Benning and Weisbrod, which sucks

I don't know another worse GM/AGM tandem in the league that is worse than they are right now. 

Who's worse? 

1 minute ago, AC30 said:

Garth Snow

Sorry. I should clarify. Anyone who's currently in an active executive position of an NHL team that's worse? 

I'd say Doug McLean has also been bad as well, but he's not active. 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, singing chef said:

Based on the way the team is currently performing, picking 8-10 seems unlikely;  would be more like 3-5 ! 

I know, but the last 6-7 years, they've always managed to get a winning run at the end of the season....

if it really is goibg to continue to be bad, I really do hope they end up picking in the top 3-5... 

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

And even he wasn't as bad as Mike Milbury was with the Islanders.

Oh man. Milbury was just insane. How the Islanders ownership could allow him to run their franchise for so long and did so much damage is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It might be just me.

But it irritates me that Green refers to the team as “they” not “we”.

maybe he doesn't see himself as part of the team. 

weird, nevertheless. 

this whole franchise is weird.