The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The fact that someone actually thinks they're an accurate judge of leadership qualities between two hockey players through their tv set is hilarious in itself. It really makes the rest of the rants nonsensical from the get go. Especially when he's calling out a guy like Bo with zero knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors, what they're saying at games, how they approach practice, the conversations they have with their teammates. You know ... leader type stuff. Ludicrous.

Very very well put. I'm not saying Miller couldn't be a good leader either, but to make that assumption by watching games on my couch while crushing beers is bonkers.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The fact that someone actually thinks they're an accurate judge of leadership qualities between two hockey players through their tv set is hilarious in itself. It really makes the rest of the rants nonsensical from the get go. Especially when he's calling out a guy like Bo with zero knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors, what they're saying at games, how they approach practice, the conversations they have with their teammates. You know ... leader type stuff. Ludicrous.

GTFO with this thing you call logic.  It's tainting peoples narrative.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Meh said:

Very very well put. I'm not saying Miller couldn't be a good leader either, but to make that assumption by watching games on my couch while crushing beers is bonkers.

Yeah I agree, he definitely plays with fiery emotion and shows a huge desire to win hockey games. Those are absolutely great traits but there is far more to leadership on a sports team. Not to say that he doesn't posses some of those other traits too but it's not even remotely just a sprit competition.

• Cheers 1

Another tangent but the mention of the name below could be very interesting to a few Nux fans…

from a Bruins blogger:

While many held out hope that David Krejci would return from his stint in the Czech Republic and solve the Bruins second-line center woes, the dream never came true last season.

But now, it sounds like there’s a realistic chance Krejci could be back in black and gold once again.

"I've been in touch with David and [his representatives] who he's working with. Again, he's spending a lot of time with his family and deciding what he'd like to do,” Sweeney said. “The conversations have gone well. It's just a matter of what David decides, ultimately, and if we're to be the place that he chooses."

The domino effect that would come from signing Bergeron and Krejci would be interesting, but seemingly would require some maneuvering of the cap by Sweeney as the Bruins currently sit with $2.3M in cap space.

If the Bruins are to bring Bergeron and Krejci back, it seems like a defensemen would have to be on the move, likely Matt Grzelcyk or Brandon Carlo.

if JTM is dealt and we were to obtain a late 1st this years draft,

I’d be all over BOS for Carlo. 
immediate returns on that deal.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1