The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

54 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Some of our best offensive guys ever where pretty guilty of cherry picking and or not back checking.   Naslund and Bertuzzi were great at not helping lol.  Bure too, but at least in his case he was so dangerous the other team always had to keep guys back (or risk getting burned, Bure scored on most his breakaways)...  Miller sometimes tries to much and looses the puck ... that's part of the package, sometimes it works and he scores a goal or makes play resulting in a goal...The only thing that bugged me was his lazy cross ice passes infront of Demko - Green got that all cleaned up but it was like he didn't get the memo and kept doing it anyways.   Maybe it was on purpose lol. 

Never a big fan of Naslund & Bertuzzi. Yes, gifted offensive players but their d-side game left a lot to be desired. Top that with their consistent throwing their defensemen under the bus after it was their turnover that caused the problem. Can't remember a postgame interview about d-side responsibility. 

Funny how I view Bure differently. He played in front of MacLean so maybe my view is a tad twisted. Nassy & Bert never got their teams past the 2nd round but Bure went to finals. 

Miller had a fantastic year and I loved his desire. As you outlined he had d-side issues, mostly on attempted breakouts. That said his coasting back to the bench after losing the puck in the ozone really turned me off. I have advocated moving Miller since the TDL. He just doesn't met the club timeline. The return has to justify the move goes without saying. I can only assume that Allvin can get it done. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are we now going to get less for Miller than what was offered at the TDL?  That was Chytil, Lundquist and a first.  

If the offers go down then I hope they keep him and try to negotiate into next season for an extension. If they still can’t sign him then trade him at the deadline. We should still get a first and a decent prospect even at that stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

no not really.. he's scoring he's chirping he's hitting, he's whining, he's basically doing everything Miller but sometime crosses the line.. and yes you have never seen his style of play rub off on anyone coz you don't watch any of colorado's game maybe a couple in the playoffs and when the canucks play them in the regular season lol. i think your ego is just pure messed up lol. all you do is bash players you don't like and insult anyone that doesn't agree with you lol. the all mighty i'm always right you are always wrong.

No , the insults come first .. like yours here… 

and it’s your ego that’s driven you to respond and compare Miller to Kadri lol

nice work.

Horvat is not more of a team player..  he simply blends in..  part of the team,.  He’s not reall the stand out I expected with the Hype when we got him in the first round.

There,  did that without insulting you..

but I’m km sure your ego will keep it up until you get insulted.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Depends on how you see Kakko I suppose. 

Kakko was not nearly as good in the playoffs as Chytil.  And Chytil is a centre.  IMHAO Kakko and a second is a lot less than Chytil and a first.  

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

This would be an interesting 3 way  deal:

Montreal  - Lafreiniere  

Rags - JT Miller 

Vancouver gets 1st pick 2022 from Habs and Schneider  or Chytil from Rags. 

Looking at how Laf has done so far, I’m guessing the Habs would rather roll the dice on Wright.  

Also, Miller for 1ov.  AND Schneider(who is apparently not available)

Come on

Edited by D.B Cooper

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Depends on how you see Kakko I suppose. 

Kakko, Lundkvist & a 1st vs. Chytil, Lundkvist & a 1st - either way would be fine to me. Chytil could step into the 3C role that Dickie has failed to cover, and Kakko would add a much needed bigger frame to the wings of the top-9. Chytil may be a better fit considering the Canucks would be losing a C, but either way would be fine IMO. Still praying for Schneider but the more I think about it the more I can see Allvin coveting Lundkvist. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, stawns said:

haven't seen anything of any deal yet.  However, i can say, with good confidence, that a 99 point player on a killer deal is not going to get a "mediocre" return.

we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens today on this. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Kakko, Lundkvist & a 1st vs. Chytil, Lundkvist & a 1st - either way would be fine to me. Chytil could step into the 3C role that Dickie has failed to cover, and Kakko would add a much needed bigger frame to the wings of the top-9. Chytil may be a better fit considering the Canucks would be losing a C, but either way would be fine IMO. Still praying for Schneider but the more I think about it the more I can see Allvin coveting Lundkvist. 

2023 first?

20 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

This would be an interesting 3 way  deal:

Montreal  - Lafreiniere  

Rags - JT Miller 

Vancouver gets 1st pick 2022 from Habs and Schneider  or Chytil from Rags. 

Too bad theres no chance the Rangers give up both Schneider and Lafreiniere. A third team being involved is supposed to make things more even for everyone. In this case Montreal gets involved and the rangers end up having to add more than they would of in the first place if it was just them dealing with the Canucks alone. 

But yes, I absolutley love the scenario for the Canucks lol! Slafkovsky/Wright and Schneider would be amazing. 

Edited by TmanVan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That should be our slogan. Put it on a banner and slap it on Rogers Arena.

"I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens today"

can we put that on a plane?

Just now, TmanVan said:

Too bad theres no chance the Rangers give up both Schneider and Lafreiniere. A third team being involved is supposed to make things more even for everyone. In this case Montreal gets involved and the rangers end up having to add more than they would of if it was just them dealing with the Canucks alone. 

Schneider OR Chytil. If it was Chytil, then the Rags would be giving up Chytil and Laf to get Miller. 
If that doesn’t work for the Rags, then an extra piece could be added. (15 oa?)

11 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

The words of an experienced Canucks fan lol. 

its been pretty funny to see people blow off steam on this thread since yesterday, but listening to John Shannon on it I think he could be correct and we may not see movement on this for some time yet. Hope I'm wrong, it would be nice to have it resolved but I can't see JR taking some kind of lowball trade offer and JT's camp seems pretty entrenched on a deal we can't afford, at least if the yap is accurate. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Schneider OR Chytil. If it was Chytil, then the Rags would be giving up Chytil and Laf to get Miller. 
If that doesn’t work for the Rags, then an extra piece could be added. (15 oa?)

Yeah I think Lafreniere would still be the sticking point there. I don't think they want to give up on their first overall pick just yet. Could change their stance if the 15th overall came along with Miller though I then think things get serious for all parties involved. 

Lafreniere to Montreal - love the home town kid

JT Miller and 15th overall to New York - They get the best current player in the trade, plus a pick to recoup their assests lost

1st overall and Braden Schneider to the Canucks - I still wouldn't do this trade if it was Chytil involved. Giving up the 15th overall would have to have Schneider included again.

I like it!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kakko was not nearly as good in the playoffs as Chytil.  And Chytil is a centre.  IMHAO Kakko and a second is a lot less than Chytil and a first.  

Nucks need an elite winger.  Podz is potentially one, but kakko could be another.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

2023 first?

Yea, I'd much rather a NYR 2023 1st than their late 2nd (60th) this year if the Miller includes the NYR. There's a few deals that I would definitely find appealing from the Rags tho:

Chytil, Lundkvist, a 1st 2023

Kakko, Lundkvist, a 1st 2023

Kakko, Schneider, 2nd 2022

Schneider, Chytil, a 2nd round 2022

Lafreniere + Schneider straight across

Schneider, 1st 2023, 2nd 2022, mid round pick tomorrow

Schneider, Kravtsov, Kakko

Schneider, Kravtsov, a 2nd 2022, mid round pick

Lundkvist, Kravtsov, a 1st 2023, a 2nd 2022

Lundkvist, Kravtsov, Chytil, mid round pick

Lundkvist, Kakko, Kravtsov, mid round pick

Schneider over Lundkvist moves the needle for me, but not Chytil over Kakko.

If the Canucks deal doesn't include Chytil, another route would be one of the above deals plus signing Copp.

Edited by Teemu Selänne
  • Cheers 3