The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Committee, some of the new players we signed, better team D (better goal differential), better roster cohesion (pending return), natural progression of young guys like Podkolzin, Petey/Boeser having better years...

Was thinking the same thing. A lot of maybes, but 50 from mikheyev and 40 from Kuzmenko are real possibilities

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Are the Avalanche even a feasible trading partner with all their ELCs/cheap contracts that’ll be needing a raise in the near future? 

Not a problem.

COL will just have to trade Newhook and Byram to the Canucks for Miller.  :P

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So who's going to fill in for him and all those missing points?

To fill in for JT Canucks need to replace roughly a ppg. 

Kuzmenko would likely get powerplay 1 time if JT gets traded. He's good down low playmaking and has a decent shot, it makes sense. He's an unknown but if he's getting fed powerplay time it's fair to assume he picks up 15 and 15, at least. 

Ilya Mikheyev is a good player. He picked up 32 points last season in about 50 games. Safe to say he at least matches that. Another 30.

Podkolzin and Hoglander should both see increases in their quality of play over last year. Not sure by how much, but I think it's fair to assume they could each pick up the slack to fill in another 20 or so points.

These totals, in my opinion are pretty easy to obtain bench marks that would replace roughly 80 points with players we currently have in the lineup.

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, AlphaNuck said:

Why is management getting all this praise? They came in guns a blazing and all they have done is trade hamonic and sign some UFA’s 

I don’t get it, Jim benning could have made that trade or signings 

They did way more than that! They fired and hired a new GM,  4 new AGM's, 3 assistant coaches, Medical staff, trainers, mascots and concession stand workers.... and then they made the big trade to dump Hamonic and sign UFA's. Goes to show where the priorities are. 

If I told my company employees that I'm going to make big changes, things will be better, the future is nothing but green grass and lemonade.... and then I turned around and hired an all new CEO, board of directors and management team and then did nothing to actually change my employees daily lives I would be removed with pitchforks.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nope.  We sign JTM to a deal similar to Kadri.  The AAV will be $7.xx per year.

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Sounds like 7x7 for Kadri.  
JT can’t be too far from Nazim. 
Get on it JT

:lol: You guys are hilarious.

The two year younger, better player is not signing ab similar contract. This does nothing to reduce Miller's likely ask of $65m+/-.

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Committee, some of the new players we signed, better team D (better goal differential), better roster cohesion (pending return), natural progression of young guys like Podkolzin, Petey/Boeser having better years...

Players age out or become too expensive and are eventually replaced. Even heart and soul guys.

It’s a natural progression. If JTM wants term, but also wants to win(!), in a simple assessment of our roster it’s obvious he has to come in under fair market value for us to do that.
if not, then we have to be looking for complimentary longer term affordable pieces given our potential roster makeup in 2-3 years time.

again, if someone claims they want to win with the team they are with, then they will find a happy medium between $ and term to make that a possibility. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The two year younger, better player is not signing ab similar contract. This does nothing to reduce Miller's likely ask of $65m+/-.

I know. It was a joke.  I should put in a smiley face or something.
I want to trade him. JT is probably getting 8.5 at least

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

8×8 is what I think gets JT done. UFA he would need 9 million and not sure there will be a team that is a contender and had cap space.

This deal shows 8 years is not nuts imo.

4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

8×8 is what I think gets JT done. UFA he would need 9 million and not sure there will be a team that is a contender and had cap space.

Kadri's deal can be viewed as nuts, so why follow a nutty deal with a worse one?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

If he doesn’t sign here, I’d bet he gets 7yrs at 8.75 elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You're big on selling JT to others. Now suddenly he's "younger" (than) and better...which sells his case here, too. FTR, Kadri's ppg is almost identical to JT's last season.

And you don't know his ask or his settling price. As he sees other options unfold, it factors in. You don't ask and just stay put....things evolve as the situation changes.

You're hilarious :lol: ..... you can't say "he is or is not" or think/speak for him. 

Look, I'm well aware there's a very good possibility he goes elsewhere....but there's also a chance that he ends up staying and that's worth considering. Some feel it's written in the sand but it's not.

Weird- got a notification that Deb quoted me, but see nothing quoted.

Either a glitch or something got erased/deleted after the notification, I guess?

Yet that doesn't show up as edited either.

Mod powers work in mysterious ways?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Weird- got a notification that Deb quoted me, but see nothing quoted.

Either a glitch or something got erased/deleted after the notification, I guess?

Yet that doesn't show up as edited either.

Mod powers work in mysterious ways?

she did quote you, i see the quote

• Thanks 1