The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

The big decisions are coming soon. David Pagnotta said on 650 that the Canucks management group will all meet together for the first time soon and make decisions on the direction of the team. They're also gonna contact players soon and discuss what the future looks like. Rangers have already fielded an offer for Miller that the Canucks are supposedly sitting on. Supposedly names thrown around are Kravtsov, a 1st +++ (Pagnotta said it was bigger deal than suggested, 3 pieces at least).

Also a lot of speculation about Boeser and his next contract. Some suggest that a 1 year show me deal would probably be best for the player and the team.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Canucks need to clear cap and they'd like to acquire picks and prospects/young players.

Assuming none of the top players get traded, and they keep their young players:

What could they get for Myers, Pearson, Motte, Chiasson, Dickinson and Highmore?  Maybe a package to acquire a Dman and #3C?

40 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The Canucks are not going to trade Miller while they are still in the hunt. There is almost half the season that remains and folks like you have written this team off. You sir are a terrible fan.

What a absolutely terrible take this is. Having a different opinion on how the team should improve doesn't make someone a terrible fan.

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Kravtsof a 1st + ?

anyone want to shed some thoughts on Kravtsof?

Kravstov is a positive peice of work,  big, full toolbox skill wise..  but needs to age well with good leadership.

Haa already openly asked for a trade,.  Perhaps he still comes in one that does not involve Miller.

54 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Fringe players can be replaced by ELCs a lot easier than a PPG power forward 1C that plays PK and PP.

Sonon your scenario, miller will sign for Petey money and be super happy that he's surrounded by the cheapest possible support players they can get?  

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Kravstov is a positive peice of work,  big, full toolbox skill wise..  but needs to age well with good leadership.

Haa already openly asked for a trade,.  Perhaps he still comes in one that does not involve Miller.

Pod's new buddy?  VAN would be a good place for Kravtsov

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

No way he is a main piece of a trade.  He is nothing more than a sweetener really at this point.  If it was Schneider, a 1st, and Kravtsov for Miller and Poolman… I do that deal

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

A good fan cheers for their team to win, not lose. 

The post didn't say anything about wanting to lose or throw games. Only expressed a view you didn't agree with, which according to you diminishes their value as a fan. By your logic every single team that has ever sold at the trade deadline is a terrible franchise and hates their team. Which I think is pretty stupid way of looking at things. Some people are able to seperate the real world with unrealistic expectations and emotions.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

No way he is a main piece of a trade.  He is nothing more than a sweetener really at this point.  If it was Schneider, a 1st, and Kravtsov for Miller and Poolman… I do that deal

Pagnotta stated that the supposed offer from the Rangers was at least 3 pieces but suggested it could be a bit bigger. The pieces names/assets he heard thrown around were Kravtsov and a 1st, he didn't know what else beyond that. He said the Canucks are sitting on it and that the entire management team is gonna meet soon for the first time together to discuss the plans moving forward and eventually talk to the players as well in regards to the plans.

They also talked about Boeser's situation and how a 1 year show me deal might be better for him and the team. Also Vegas'  upcoming cap situation and how they might look to move Reilly Smith pretty soon to get ahead of the deadline.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t see Miller as that selfish..  I think he takes pride in his leadership qualities with this team..  it not only motivates others , it motivates himself.

Sometimes, the grass seems greener on the other side.. but is it really?

I think he is a lot more selfish than Petey.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Fringe players can be replaced by ELCs a lot easier than a PPG power forward 1C that plays PK and PP.

The ELC player isn’t replacing the PPG forward. He gives the GM a lot more space to steer the ship right.

Remember that it’s meant Petey is the PPG forward 1C.

Horvat is quite capable 2C

Both works really well in playoffs.

Horvat par example held of most of the leagues best players with Loui and Pearson as wingers. That should be remembered as bad Loui is considered to be.