The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Miller Dermott for Fiala greenway Bodie

im surprised no one has talked about wild nice prospect pool and very little cap them having miller at 5.5 helps them this year well I think we can sign Fiala around 7x6

Edited by Scottydzik

2 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

im surprised no one has talked about wild nice prospect pool and very little cap them having miller at 5.5 helps them this year well I think we can sign Fiala around 7x6

Guerin needs those prospects and their price points going forward to help diffuse/navigate their cap mess 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

Guerin needs those prospects and their price points going forward to compete to help diffuse their cap mess 

Yes but there in rock in hard spot teams know he can’t afford Fiala essentially giving them miller keeps them competive and only gains 2.5 mil if we take greenway and they have pretty much giving up on Addison and have there top 4 pretty much locked up

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You spell Myers funny.

Miller's gone bro. Noting wrong with:

Horvat

Boeser, Pettersson

OEL Hughes

...on the PP

lol you can bank on them running 4 forwards on a defence.. there will be no exception with miller gone or not.. even on their second PP.. they were running 4 forwards majority of the time.. so what makes you think they will put 2 defenseman on 1 PP line when they literally used 2 defenseman TOTAL on both their PP line.. outside of OEL and Hughes.. the rest of the defenseman got like less than 40 mins combined..

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol you can bank on them running 4 forwards on a defence.. there will be no exception with miller gone or not.. even on their second PP.. they were running 4 forwards majority of the time.. so what makes you think they will put 2 defenseman on 1 PP line when they literally used 2 defenseman TOTAL on both their PP line.. outside of OEL and Hughes.. the rest of the defenseman got like less than 40 mins combined..

Hunt was on PP2 whenever he was in the lineup.  So that statement is a little false.

10 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Why would we give up a defenseman and not get one back in return when we are in need of D?

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Nice player, but isn't he a lefty?

Yeah he is, but that shouldn’t matter as much if we are indeed going with best current young NHL players we can obtain and integrate as part of the core.

I think he’s a player you make a roster spot for, even at the expense of a Myers if rebuilding.

A Miller trade doesn’t just have to fetch the ideal return and most glaring need. That can be addressed some other way after the fact if that need is just not available at the time. 

At this stage, if the decision is made to gut and get younger, K. Miller imho should be a top target if the Rags wanna deal but keep Schneider.

I’d try Miller with 50% retained and a pick for Lafreniere.

if they balk, next would obviously be  a package both ways including Schneider coming back.

my reserve offer would be Kakko + K. Miller for JTM + a pick (nothing more than a 3rd).

I don’t think we will find more quality or potential than something like that. I hope I’m wrong though.

Edited by RWJC

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah he is, but that shouldn’t matter as much if we are indeed going with best current young NHL players we can obtain and integrate as part of the core.

I think he’s a player you make a roster spot for, even at the expense of a Myers if rebuilding.

So which lefty does he displace then?

18 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

that sentence was a wild ride, just when you thought the end was near it kept going .

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Why would we give up a defenseman and not get one back in return when we are in need of D?

Aquire D in free agency or boeser trade we get top 6 winger who is 25 and mean legit 3rd line enforcer with bodie who looks like a great skating puck mover sign zadarov easiest solution 

Fiala Petey Boeser

Kuz Horvat Garland

Podz blank greenway 

Ek Zadarov

Hughes Schenn 

Bodie Myers 

1 minute ago, Scottydzik said:

Aquire D in free agency or boeser trade we get top 6 winger who is 25 and mean legit 3rd line enforcer with bodie who looks like a great skating puck mover sign zadarov easiest solution 

Fiala Petey Boeser

Kuz Horvat Garland

Podz blank greenway 

Ek Zadarov

Hughes Schenn 

Bodie Myers 

Ohh Bodie is a defenseman?  Who is Bodie?

30 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

If JTM is traded to the Rangers, I hope its for Lafreniere +.

I see them giving up Schneider or Kakko before Laffy, he really looked good this playoffs and they'd have to be crazy to give up on a recently drafted 1OA so soon 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Run Hughes like the 4th F/Rover. Problem solved.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So which lefty does he displace then?

If we are rebuilding to the stated desired age, then he displaces anyone other than QH. That may sound ridiculous but we are 2 or 3 trades away from a completely redefined back end.

Schenn has this year remaining.

Poolman is LTIR candidate and can’t be counted on unfortunately.

Myers has interest from a slew of other clubs. He is still a tradeable asset.

Dermott is serviceable on any line and is an efficient 3-6. We have him for this season as well and can decide on his future accordingly.

Boner deserves a shot but may become a favourable casualty of the rebuild.

OEL is a question mark.

we will have to fit him in where we can and he deserves a prominent role.

who knows, a rebuild might just make him want to revisit his restrictive clauses and accept a move somewhere else, provided there is a taker.

my under the radar pick, if we can’t immediately locate one by trade or UFA, is to place Burroughs with QH and build him into Tanev 2.0.  We have him, we give up nothing for him, he’s dependable, relentless, and a team first guy. He deserves his shot to prove he belongs, at least in the interim while we find our top pairing RHD that will bring balance to QH (and the force).