The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nope. JT tied EP to lead the team with take aways last season.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks-team-stats

I know right.

You know who had a high number of giveaways this past season…

Tkachuk 91 GVA / 82 GP

Draisaitl  88 GVA / 80 GP

Huberdeau  85 GVA / 80 GP

Barzal 82 GVA / 73 GP

Gaudreau 81 GVA / 82 GP

Pastrnak 77 GVA / 72 GP

Kaprizov 72 GVA / 71 GP

Svechnikov 72 GVA / 78 GP

basically, there’s always a cost to being a point or play driver. JTM haters gonna hate!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Pierre Lebrun (nothing new, but new source I guess):

Teams continue to call Vancouver on J.T. Miller, for example. The Rangers are once again among those suitors, according to sources. No surprise there, especially if the Rangers aren’t able to re-sign Andrew Copp. But there’s lots of interest in Miller. The Canucks could wait until next year’s trade deadline to move him but I suspect it could get done this week if a team steps up with the package the Canucks are asking for

https://theathletic.com/3403981/2022/07/06/lebrun-rumblings-miller-tkachuk/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

The Draft is what, 10 hours away and no news anywhere on anything? I don’t wan’t big changes but I’m dying to get some changes made and I don’t wan’t us to move Miller but dammit why has no trade involving JT been announced?!?

I CAN’T TAKE IT! :frantic:

706 pages and still nothing! :)

Take a deep breath, lol.

I think folks are going to have to try to come to terms with the fact that not much happens today, other than us adding some pieces to our prospect pool.

I think between J.T. re-signing, getting traded or nothing happening in regards to him today….if I were forced to put money down I’d go with the latter scenario.

Edited by Locke Lamora

8 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

The Draft is what, 10 hours away and no news anywhere on anything? I don’t wan’t big changes but I’m dying to get some changes made and I don’t wan’t us to move Miller but dammit why has no trade involving JT been announced?!?

I CAN’T TAKE IT! :frantic:

706 pages and still nothing! :)

My empties are chiming in loudly this morning.  (Seems there are several more this morning, than yesterday:frantic:)

And these new empties are screaming there will be BIG CHANGES today. 

Miller, Garland, Myers out.  :towel:

• Haha 1

Maybe old friends Tommy Fitzgerald and Patrick Allvin putting out feelers to both Severson and JT Miller on extensions - if not, maybe:

Severson, 2oa for Miller, 15thoa

Zacha + midround pick for Garland

Severson, 2oa, Zacha, 4th round pick for Miller, 15thoa, Garland

Just spitballing but Severson is in a similar contract situation as Miller. Sure he'd said he'd like to stay, but so has Miller. Could be different behind the scenes, or if Fitzgerald is nervous about having a huge AAV between Severson, Hamilton and Smith coming up. They've got Reilly Walsh (RHD) and Kevin Bahl in the pipeline, seemingly ready to make the jump as well.

9 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Maybe old friends Tommy Fitzgerald and Patrick Allvin putting out feelers to both Severson and JT Miller on extensions - if not, maybe:

Severson, 2oa for Miller, 15thoa

Zacha + midround pick for Garland

Severson, 2oa, Zacha, 4th round pick for Miller, 15thoa, Garland

Just spitballing but Severson is in a similar contract situation as Miller. Sure he'd said he'd like to stay, but so has Miller. Could be different behind the scenes, or if Fitzgerald is nervous about having a huge AAV between Severson, Hamilton and Smith coming up. They've got Reilly Walsh (RHD) and Kevin Bahl in the pipeline, seemingly ready to make the jump as well.

I just gagged. 

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yeah.  

Why don’t people bring that up?   
He had the most goals, points, blocked shots, hits, takeaways, and others as a forward this year, but we always hear about he giveaways.  

Giveaways happen when the puck is always on your stick.    They happen when you are driving to the net.  They happen when you are trying to make plays under pressure.  

The best players in the league usually rack up the giveaways.  
It happens when you always have the puck. 

100%

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's Crushing Disappointment Day LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO:towel:

For some it’s opposite. I don’t want a trade unless negotiations truly have broke down for an extension and we won’t know about a new contract for another week.

Edited by grandmaster

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yeah.  

Why don’t people bring that up?   
He had the most goals, points, blocked shots, hits, takeaways, and others as a forward this year, but we always hear about he giveaways.  

Giveaways happen when the puck is always on your stick.    They happen when you are driving to the net.  They happen when you are trying to make plays under pressure.  

The best players in the league usually rack up the giveaways.  
It happens when you always have the puck. 

Some people always want to pee in your cornflakes. 

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not high on Zacha, but I'd take that Miller deal any day over Kakko, Lundqvist and a late 2023 2nd.

Are we now going to get less for Miller than what was offered at the TDL?  That was Chytil, Lundquist and a first.  

3 hours ago, RWJC said:

It’s all good. Had this discussion before and it’s just perspective. I’m ok and accept an F who pots almost 100pts if it means they are also going to commit errors and occasionally have a crap play. 
You have to take the good with the bad, imho, and aside from your valid points I still believe he’s been an awesome addition to this team, more positive than negative and especially now, an asset who’s raised his own value for himself and in benefit to the club.

it’s a win win and something to be thankful for.

A reasonable take on this issue. Well said.