The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Someone posted a pic/vid on this forum.

It was during the season so I don’t know where it is now.

Something similar to how you hold the hand on an animals neck to show dominance. 

Sorry Timrafan, didn't mean to provoke such a backlash.

In Miller's defense though, Petey does show a lot of neck to grab.

Not as much as Myers of course, but not as much 'girth' as Myers either.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Dude, it’s worse. Much worse.

JTM apparently applied the Vulcan nerve pinch.

image.jpeg.22812749b0d03b14d698ea6a20bade03.jpeg

It’s just a matter of time now before EP is dusted. Brave soul, hanging on this long.

Thank you for that laugh. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

What’s each NHL team’s biggest unaddressed need a week into free agency? Picks for all 32 teams

By The Athletic NHL Staff
Jul 20, 2022

Boston Bruins

Center: For now, Charlie Coyle is the only proven top-three center in sight. Pavel Zacha, who filed for arbitration Sunday, is a restricted free agent. Tomas Nosek is a No. 4 center. Whether Trent Frederic or Jack Studnicka will become consistent NHL centers is unknown. So while Patrice Bergeron’s return announcement and contract may be imminent, it is still a position screaming to be addressed. David Krejci could follow, but both signings will require present or future cap clearance. The latter is more likely given the Bruins’ option of using long-term injured reserve. — Fluto Shinzawa

Carolina Hurricanes

Secondary scoring: The Hurricanes needed to address their lack of primary playoff scoring and first-pairing hole off the bat this free agency. Opinions on how much Max Pacioretty and Brent Burns have left aside, they feel they’ve addressed those areas with those two trades. They got potential defensive depth with Dylan Coghlan as well. But if the Canes are to significantly improve on the team they had last season, and not just maintain second-round status, losing both Vincent Trocheck and Nino Niederreiter is going to hurt. With Niederreiter still available on the market, maybe the Canes can circle back and get something done. — Sara Civian

Colorado Avalanche

Top-six forward: The team is still waiting on a decision from Nazem Kadri, who is arguably the top unsigned free agent in the league. There are plenty of moving parts with that situation: If he signs with the Avalanche, they’ll need to move another contract to make the roster salary cap compliant. A lot of teams are in the same boat, which is why it’s taken a while for Kadri to ink a new deal. The Avalanche will have a need at top-six forward if Kadri walks, but they could choose to rely on internal options to start the year and wait until the trade deadline to make a move. That could give someone like J.T. Compher or Alex Newhook a chance to emerge as a top-six player. — Peter Baugh

Minnesota Wild

Improve anything whatsoever: For a team with a putrid power play and penalty kill last season, the Wild’s offseason so far has consisted of trading Kevin Fiala after a career year and not replacing his 85-point production and doing nothing personnel-wise to improve its special teams. Jury’s out if the goaltending has been downgraded, too, after trading Cam Talbot for Filip Gustavsson. — Michael Russo

Nashville Predators

Top-six forward: The Preds had four players — Matt Duchene, Filip Forsberg, Ryan Johansen and Mikael Granlund — who performed as hoped in their top two lines last season and revolving shortcomings otherwise. Philip Tomasino figures to secure a spot, leaving a glaring need for a proven producer. Considering the dwindling free-agent pool, a David Poile trade seems the most likely outcome, with Dante Fabbro and Eeli Tolvanen as potential chips. — Joe Rexrode

New York Islanders

Scoring winger for Mathew Barzal: At 25 years old, Islanders center Mathew Barzal should be entering the prime of his career. But in order for him to realize what still seems like immense potential, he’s going to need more help on his wings. More specifically, he needs someone who can finish in the offensive end after Barzal creates space with his hands and his feet. That the Islanders haven’t done anything yet to alter their group up front is bewildering. — Kevin Kurz

Philadelphia Flyers

High-end talent: The Flyers appear to be banking on improved health (no lock, especially given the continued serious uncertainty surrounding the status of Ryan Ellis, in particular) and the impact of new head coach John Tortorella to return them to respectability. But they still haven’t really even tried to replace Claude Giroux, who gave them 57 games worth of first-line caliber play last season before being traded at the deadline. Given their cap situation and their unwillingness to take a serious run at Johnny Gaudreau in free agency, it doesn’t appear that replacing Giroux’s production is high on the Flyers and GM Chuck Fletcher’s priority list, and even if it was, it’s unclear how he would even pull it off. But high-end, dynamic talent will remain a glaring need for this club as long as it goes unaddressed. — Charlie O’Connor

Tampa Bay Lightning

Top-six winger: The Lightning lost Ondrej Palat in free agency, as expected, and that leaves a hole up front as he was a key cog on the top line for a number of years. Tampa Bay did try to address that in bringing in Vladislav Namestnikov, a versatile center/winger who can play up and down the lineup. Perhaps Brandon Hagel and Nick Paul help fill the void left by Palat too. But with Anthony Cirelli out until late November, they’ll need internal options to fill two top-six spots. They’re also hoping a Philippe Myers-Cal Foote combo can replace Jan Rutta. — Joe Smith

Toronto Maple Leafs

Centre to ease John Tavares’ burden: The Leafs have tried to address just about everything so far. Their goaltending, with Matt Murray and Ilya Samsonov. Their bottom-six forwards, with Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Calle Jarnkrok and Adam Gaudette. Depth on defence, with Jordie Benn and Victor Mete. The only need they haven’t addressed is a centre who can push John Tavares over to the wing. They also don’t believe it’s necessary at this point for Tavares, who turns 32 in the fall, to slide over, so for them, it’s not really an unaddressed need. — Jonas Siegel

Just pasted the teams whose local reporters have listed a need that JT Miller could fill, from this : https://theathletic.com/3435156/2022/07/20/nhl-free-agency-unaddressed-needs/

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Someone posted a pic/vid on this forum.

It was during the season so I don’t know where it is now.

Something similar to how you hold the hand on an animals neck to show dominance. 

:lol:

That is all. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Tirma is a goof. He's been that since joining this forum and have no idea while you guys still feed that troll.

In my defense, you indulge a lot of posters that I have on 'Ignore', and I would not need to see their crap if you did not respond to them.

I will not try to defend Timrafan himself as I have tried to do that before and they(?am I doing this right?) said they're alright and can defend themselves.

Cheers man.

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Tirma is a goof. He's been that since joining this forum and have no idea while you guys still feed that troll.

Human decency.

Trolls have to eat too.

I myself like Timra’s posts and perspectives. I actually like hearing why they think the way they do. Given that it’s public post though, it’s totally fair to engage and counter them when they seem a little bit preposterous. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

In my defense, you indulge a lot of posters that I have on 'Ignore', and I would not need to see their crap if you did not respond to them.

I will not try to defend Timrafan himself as I have tried to do that before and they(?am I doing this right?) said they're alright and can defend themselves.

Cheers man.

Lol. I have him on ignore too so I'm in the same boat. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Player Name said:

I know which clip/video you're talking about, but I don't remember enough details to find it.

I think it was a scene on the bench when a Canucks player was about to score on a breakaway or something similar.

Everyone on the bench was really excited and Miller looked like he had his hand on the back of Petey's head in excitement lmao.

Oh, well, I don't know what to say.

Less is more.

But the clip/video might be out there if it was around a goal or a good chance or whatever.

Nashville Predators

Top-six forward: The Preds had four players — Matt Duchene, Filip Forsberg, Ryan Johansen and Mikael Granlund — who performed as hoped in their top two lines last season and revolving shortcomings otherwise. Philip Tomasino figures to secure a spot, leaving a glaring need for a proven producer. Considering the dwindling free-agent pool, a David Poile trade seems the most likely outcome, with Dante Fabbro and Eeli Tolvanen as potential chips. — Joe Rexrode

JT Miller, Connor Garland for Dante Fabbro, Colton Sissons, 3rd round pick 2023 - who says no?

Filip - Miller - Duchene

El Nino - Ryjo/Granny - Garland

Jeannot - Granny/Ryjo - Tomasino

Tolvanen - Trenin -

Josi - Carrier

Ekholm - McDonagh

Borow - Lauzon

Kuzie - Petey - Mikheyev

Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Sissons - Podkolzin

Dickie - Lazar -

Hughes - Fabbro

OEL - Myers

Rathbone -

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

JT Miller, Connor Garland for Dante Fabbro, Colton Sissons, 3rd round pick 2023 - who says no?

Filip - Miller - Duchene

El Nino - Ryjo/Granny - Garland

Jeannot - Granny/Ryjo - Tomasino

Tolvanen - Trenin -

Josi - Carrier

Ekholm - McDonagh

Borow - Lauzon

Kuzie - Petey - Mikheyev

Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Sissons - Podkolzin

Dickie - Lazar -

Hughes - Fabbro

OEL - Myers

Rathbone -

Love this!

It’s time for JR to wake up from his nap and

Get ‘er done! :frantic:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Which gang is he in?

Not sure. From the scouting report though you better have full change if you’re a cabbie because this dude’s carrying a bit of gambling debt.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1