The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Youve never seen barzal play obvs.

And you clearly only want h players when they have the puck.  Miller is a far more effective player with and without the puck than Barzal.  I actually enjoy watching ringette.  

11 minutes ago, mll said:

If NYI had offered Dobson, do you really think that Rutherford/Allvin would have turned them down?

Miller would of course help them but certainly not at the cost of Dobson, Barzal or Sorokin.

Definitely, 

Miller would be a huge boost to the Isles but arguably Dobson is more valuable to them

14 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Quick! Someone from Canucks media write an article saying that Barzal wants out and to come home to Van!!! :frantic:

Edit: Sekeres or Price, I'm looking at you!

No Canucks media only make up false damaging news about the Canucks organization 

1 minute ago, NHL'er said:

No Canucks media only make up false damaging news about the Canucks organization 

The fools in Toronto do a pretty apt job themselves.

ala Darren Drieger, Nick Kypreos et al...

15 minutes ago, mll said:

If NYI had offered Dobson, do you really think that Rutherford/Allvin would have turned them down?

Miller would of course help them but certainly not at the cost of Dobson, Barzal or Sorokin.

Sure.  It all depends on what they asked in return.  If they asked for Miller, Podkolzin, Rathbone, Schenn, and a 1st in 2023 for Dobson, would JR/PA turn it down?

35 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

Lots of talk from the bosses but not a lot of action. Maybe they shouldn't have said anything when they got hired. Talk of big changes, not recognizing the team,  and tough decisions. They got my hopes up we'd be moving on from this failing (no offence) Benning plan but 8 months later nothing much has changed and were waddling around cluelessly like usual. NFL Football can't start soon enough for me.

Trust me I keep trying not to refresh this dumb thread ... but I'm addicted. It's got a hold of me! :P

How many other fanbases have 1000 pages on if a guy should stay or should he go! Dedication baby!:P

• Upvote 1

What about shifting the focus to teams that we reportedly in deep talks with Gaudreau / Tkachuk? Those teams that missed out on Gaudreau / Tkachuk are most likely the ones that are curently working on plan B (JT Miller). One of these teams have exactly what the Canucks are looking for : a Cale Makar 2.0. ::D. Curious if JR and PA see the same things as I. ::D

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

How many other fanbases have 1000 pages on if a guy should stay or should he go! Dedication baby!:P

In Canada likely all.  In the US, I’d be surprised if they even have a team chat site. 

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

What about shifting the focus to teams that we reportedly in deep talks with Gaudreau / Tkachuk? Those teams that missed out on Gaudreau / Tkachuk are most likely the ones that are curently working on plan B (JT Miller). One of these teams have exactly what the Canucks are looking for : a Cale Makar 2.0. ::D. Curious if JR and PA see the same things as I. ::D

A version 2.0 of something usually means its better.  So a Cale Makar 2.0 is better than Cale Makar?  Sign me up!  lol

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/will-noah-dobson-domino-finally-fall-on-nhl-summer-trade-front?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1658787901

Not sure if Kuzma is trying to help the club or not, but Dobson shaking loose and coming back in a trade would be incredible. 

I'd add to JT to get Dobson.  JR + Rathbone as a starting point?  Hell, they can have one of our glut of wingers too.  JT retained, Garland and Rathbone 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

In Canada likely all.  In the US, I’d be surprised if they even have a team chat site. 

In Florida they probably think Huberdeau is a practice roster corner back for the Dolphins

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Actually we are not looking for Makar.  Given a proper partner Hughes will out produce Makar.  Remember, when Hughes had Tanev as his partner he produced more than Makar in the regular season and in the playoffs.  Makar is great, but we forget how great the “MIGHTY QUINN” is too.  

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually we are not looking for Makar.  Given a proper partner Hughes will out produce Makar.  Remember, when Hughes had Tanev as his partner he produced more than Makar in the regular season and in the playoffs.  Makar is great, but we forget how great the “MIGHTY QUINN” is too.  

Amen. Hughes is no Makar, but he's Quinn freakin' Hughes. Most teams would kill for a player like him.

• Like 1