The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

The hockey players you know aren’t NHL stars who have a duty for good conduct as players that teams can market to the general public. 

I've known many nhl players over the years, many of them very good players with very long careers.  Most of them were not great human beings.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

He could be, no question.  He's definitely made some bad decisions, but he's still an impact player in a way Boeser will never be.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Kane, if he wasnt a cancer would be worth lightyears more than boeser.

Last season...

Kane   56 games 22 goals 49 points

Boeser 56 games 23 goals 49 points

Career stats

Kane   .34 GPG .66PPG

Boeser. 37 GPG .83PPG

Kane    30 years old

Boeser 24 years old

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Last season...

Career stats

Kane   .34 GPG .66PPG

Boeser. 37 GPG .83PPG

Kane    30 years old

Boeser 24 years old

How's Boeser looking this year?  Is he worth Petey's contract?  I think, one way or the other, boesers time in Van is running out.

10 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Last season...

Career stats

Kane   .34 GPG .66PPG

Boeser. 37 GPG .83PPG

Kane    30 years old

Boeser 24 years old

I mean, based on those stats alone, Boeser the better player.

AND six years younger

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

9 points ahead of Kane.

Is petey worth peteys contract?

Petey isn’t worth Petey’s contract right now

But he will be down the road. This is a rough patch (I hope, fingers crossed). He’ll be a better player for this experience. 

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've known many nhl players over the years, many of them very good players with very long careers.  Most of them were not great human beings.

The matter at hand is whether or not an organization like Vancouver would bring in someone like Kane on the heels of ditching someone like Virtanen. It’s a non-starter. Kane won’t be coming here and shouldn’t. Carry on. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The matter at hand is whether or not an organization like Vancouver would bring in someone like Kane on the heels of ditching someone like Virtanen. It’s a non-starter. Kane won’t be coming here and shouldn’t. Carry on. 

If Virtanen was scoring 50 points a year, he would still be here

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

Come on man........you know it is true

But since you asked.............13, 5, 26. 11 and 48

Now you’re a minder reader as well as having the ability to see things that haven’t happened? 

5 number lottery? :lol:

• Haha 1

Well, I think if you are looking just at Kane, sure...........I get it............I disagree, but sure

But there is a 1st involved in the proposal, which if successful will play many more years, than Kane will

and will not have an injured hand, and will probably skate damned fast

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Imo, if you can dangle Boeser for Kane and SJ 2022 first, you take a serious look at it.  I get its a massive risk in the dressing room, but that's the best Value you're going to get for Boes at this point.  I don't see anyway you're getting anything but a 4/5/6 damn for him, given his performance and salary.

Kane is a huge upgrade on the right side and provides a lot of what the team is missing

Was thinking Travis Konecny in Philly would be a reasonable swap. Both struggling offensively. Both later first round picks.

Cousin connection with Horvat as well that Konecny has.

• Vintage 1

On 11/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, Tom Sestito said:

Closer to the playoffs, without question. They look like ghosts. But the thing you fail to account for - and that every homer fan can never account for - is the actual likelihood of everything going right. Some players regress, some improve, some stagnate. People can somehow talk themselves into every player improving on their team and never acknowledge any other possibilities. Also forget that other teams may improve (look at Anaheim, Calgary so far). 

If Seattle had good goaltending from Grubauer, they’d probably be in a playoff spot right now. He was playing like Binnington did against us in the bubble, but has recently been good.

It hasn’t all gone bad for us. We have been one of the healthiest teams in the league. Only two injuries over ten games this season - Motte and Sutter. Fourth liners. &^@#ing come on. 

Hoglander, Miller, Demko, Hughes, Podkolzin, OEL, Halak, Garland have all performed at a fair level. Myers has good the first ten games and has reverted to being his typical $&!#ty bottom pairing self. He did this at the start of 19-20 too. 

Pearson, Poolman being $&!# were predictable. 

Horvat, EP, BB, Dickinson, Hamonic all sucked. (Dickinson being bad was predicted by some of the posters you hate on HF) 

If you trade two first round picks for a roster whose ceiling is like an 6-7th seed, in &^@#ing year 8 of this stupidity, that’s so bad. You have no margin for error.

Gotta say… (…. was predicted by some of the poster you hate on HF) is like saying a broken clock is right twice a day… lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, based on those stats alone, Boeser the better player.

AND six years younger

Boeser plays like hes 6 years older.

Brocks time in the league will be short lived moving forward.  He is a below average skater, soft, average puck skills, who relied heavily on his shot which doesnt work anymore. 

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Was thinking Travis Konecny in Philly would be a reasonable swap. Both struggling offensively. Both later first round picks.

Cousin connection with Horvat as well that Konecny has.

Id take konecny in a heartbeat. 

Boeser is too soft a player for philly and doesnt fit avs system.