The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

17 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Did you see that wicked Brock snipe lastnight. 

Thats right I didn't either. Infact I didn't see him do anything useful at all. I was watching him lastnight because I've been waiting intently to see him show some consistency and develop into a franchise player I've even got a the Flow T shirt from his rookie campaign I've cheerleaded Brock for years I've made all kinds of excuses for his play over the years. Here in lies the problem every once and a while he shows a flash makes a desperation play, strips a puck on the backcheck, snipes top cheeze, and he gives you hope just enough............ Then he goes invisible and you're back to making excuses for him, he's young, he's injured, confidence, he can put in work with a skating coach like Horvat did etc so on and so forth.   This is the end of the line he's 25 up for a 7m+ contract he is what he is. People on here comparing him to the Sedins and Naslund are out to lunch. The reality that I'm seeing is what you see is what you get at this point and I'm seeing a whole lotta this.

G
A
+/-
S
SM
BS
PN
PIM
HT
TK
GV
SHFT
TOI
PPTOI
SHTOI
ESTOI
FW
FL
FO%
0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 20 16:12 3:15 0:00 12:57 0 0 0.0

Loui is that you?

Demko was terrible last two games.  Should we trade him too?

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm down for Miller @ 8.5 on a 4 year deal. More term and he'll have to take less cap. I'd front load it for him though so he can make the interest with a 3 year NMC, and if he declines toward the end of say a 6 year deal he may still be tradable at that time.   

This is his big contract, I expect he'll be looking for max dollars at max term

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

This is his big contract, I expect he'll be looking for max dollars at max term

Father time is a thing. I'm all for keeping Miller but the contract is gonna be one or the other not both. If the rumored trade offers floating around out there from NY and BOS  are to be believed then it's unlikely that other teams are gonna give him the max$$ and term golden parachute either. 

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Father time is a thing. I'm all for keeping Miller but the contract is gonna be one or the other not both. If the rumored trade offers floating around out there from NY and BOS  are to be believed then it's unlikely that other teams are gonna give him the max$$ and term golden parachute either. 

That's up to.them.at that point

9 minutes ago, AlphaNuck said:

What did demko do to you 

Same that Boeser appears to have done to some here.  Have a few bad games.  

We don't trade our young guys who have an irreplaceable skill, and want to be here.

We trade guys like Miller, who are replaceable, and (very likely) will move on when his contract is up.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nice graph.  Lots of pretty colors.  Was this what Chayka used to build that powerhouse in Arizona?  

Chayka's work was apparently not recognised by the analytics community.  

Drance tweets:  "Unlike Dellow, Tulsky, Metcalf, Parnass and co. Chayka didn't publish publicly. His statistical work wasn't reviewed in academic circles or by the online community. Hockey's statistical analyst community has tended to be deeply skeptical of black box work."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Chayka's work was apparently not recognised by the analytics community.  

Drance tweets:  "Unlike Dellow, Tulsky, Metcalf, Parnass and co. Chayka didn't publish publicly. His statistical work wasn't reviewed in academic circles or by the online community. Hockey's statistical analyst community has tended to be deeply skeptical of black box work."

Drance isn't exactly without bias on this topic.  Any team that does well, according to him, is because of their use of fancy stats.  Any team that does poorly is because of their lack of fancy stats.  Drance distanced himself from Chayka as soon as that team did poorly.  

Drance is just another of the fancy stats guys, who never played.

Yes, fancy stats are important.  But there are many things, like desire, heart, willingness to compete, toughness, that are not measured by a pretty chart.  And guys like Drance, who never played, will never understand those things.  

Extend Boeser and trade Miller.  Easy button.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Drance isn't exactly without bias on this topic.  Any team that does well, according to him, is because of their use of fancy stats.  Any team that does poorly is because of their lack of fancy stats.  Drance distanced himself from Chayka as soon as that team did poorly.  

Drance is just another of the fancy stats guys, who never played.

Yes, fancy stats are important.  But there are many things, like desire, heart, willingness to compete, toughness, that are not measured by a pretty chart.  And guys like Drance, who never played, will never understand those things.  

Extend Boeser and trade Miller.  Easy button.

Not about how the team is doing but about concepts used - Chayka's approach was not recognised by the advanced stats community.  

59 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Did you see that wicked Brock snipe lastnight. 

Thats right I didn't either. Infact I didn't see him do anything useful at all...

The reality that I'm seeing is what you see is what you get at this point and I'm seeing a whole lotta this.

Loui is that you?

5 goals and 9 points in his last 9 games... you thought that was Loui? 

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Ray is that you?

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Not about how the team is doing but about concepts used - Chayka's approach was not recognised by the advanced stats community.  

that's because his team was bad.  Chayka used fancy stats.  Too bad they didn't work.  He forgot about all the intangibles pretty colors didn't represent.  

We definitely need fancy stat people.  JR hired that young girl in that department.  But the fancy stats need to be balanced with those experts who identify (and value) the intangibles.  

33 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Unrestricted free agency is a golden ticket if they won't pay him someone will.

53 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm down for Miller @ 8.5 on a 4 year deal. More term and he'll have to take less cap. I'd front load it for him though so he can make the interest with a 3 year NMC, and if he declines toward the end of say a 6 year deal he may still be tradable at that time.   

Zib signed an $8.5m x 8 year deal, (with clauses IIRC), in New York. Miller is going to expect something similar.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Zib signed an $8.5m x 8 year deal, (with clauses IIRC), in New York. Miller is going to expect something similar.

Nashville has tons a cap space to give miller the deal he wants and he'd fit well there too

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Then you trade them both. I mean it's up to the players if they care more about money than winning the decision is easy. They've made it for you. You can't be held hostage. I've found in life you're right in the sweet spot when no bodies happy. People are only happy when someone else is getting screwed. 

If Brock's gonna hold out for 7.5 and Miller 8.5 on a max term then you move them for anything you can get I'd rather have a 2nd round pick than either of those albatrosses attached to my name. 

If you win a cup in this city you are set for life well past retirement on advertising deals that make the extra few mill on your deal you held out for look like nickles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Nashville has tons a cap space to give miller the deal he wants and he'd fit well there too

Is Nashville still a defenceman factory?  If so, then make the trade.  Build from the net out.  The Canucks D is horrendous.

• Vintage 1