The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

This doesn't make any sense you'd prefer to sell even lower on Boeser after signing him to a contract he ain't worth? 

Team friendly terms? For me its 6m or C ya.

He's worth +/-$6.5. Him under (a reasonable) contract is worth more than him not under contract, with a $7.5 QO.

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Or he continues to decline and you get nothing for him.  I'd rather just cut bait and move on

He hasn't declined. Inconsistent... Sure.

Again, I'm fine if management moves him for a different skill set etc. But this concept that he's not worth it, is 'declining' or has more value now, is silly talk.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's worth +/-$6.5. Him under (a reasonable) contract is worth more than him not under contract, with a $7.5 QO.

He hasn't declined. Inconsistent... Sure.

Again, I'm fine if management moves him for a different skill set etc. But this concept that he's not worth it, is 'declining' or has more value now, is silly talk.

8 years and 50 million would be a great deal for us and for Boeser. 

We shouldn't expect Rutherford and Allvin to trade Boeser just because they want speed. They want speed and skill, and Boeser is very skilled. 

If he gets traded now, it will be because he's an RFA at the end of the season, and is commanding a $7.5M qualifying offer.
Boeser seems like the kind of guy who will want to sign a long term team-friendly contract. He's only 24, so a 7 or 8 year deal is not as much of a risk as it usually is. 

With how bad our power play is at gaining the zone and scoring, we shouldn't be in a rush to trade one of our savviest man advantage guys. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure about that, but he has a good shot though

He has a goal scorer's instincts and quick release; is an underrated playmaker and low key one of the best in the league at winning board battles. How is he not skilled?

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Nave said:

He has a goal scorer's instincts and quick release; is an underrated playmaker and low key one of the best in the league at winning board battles. How is he not skilled?

I like Boeser for his shot, knows how to find the open space to be able to shoot. But one of the best in the league at board battles? Mrs Boeser, is that you?

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

I like Boeser for his shot, knows how to find the open space to be able to shoot. But one of the best in the league at board battles? Mrs Boeser, is that you?

Boeser is one of the slowest and physically weak forwards in the league.   Not sure what nave is smokin.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Nave said:

Can't seem to find this board battle stat people keep referring to. 

All I can find is this tweet by Jfresh last year. 

So Brock for every 40 puck battles won 21 I wouldn't call it a huge edge.  

Is there a stat that shows the number of puck battles in which a player involved themselves. I would wager he would be in the bottom half of the league in this metric. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

So Brock for every 40 puck battles won 21 I wouldn't call it a huge edge.  

I agree, but if these stats have Matthews at number two, something is off.

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Yeah that's what I was referring to. He still wins more puck battles than not going against big defensemen much of the time. Maybe I was being too hyperbolic, but it's an interesting stat and I wouldn't have guessed. 
To Rekker's point though, it's weird that Matthews is #2. 

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

Boeser + ________

to New Jersey

for Pavel Zacha and Luke Hughes. 

That blank could be Garland but New Jersey has to add a high pick.

There's no way the Devils would ever trade Luke Hughes. They have already committed so much to Jack, and Luke is developing really well. 

1 minute ago, Nave said:

There's no way the Devils would ever trade Luke Hughes. They have already committed so much to Jack, and Luke is developing really well. 

I agree with you, I think there’s something to this rumour , your standpoint is what the Devils are saying, mine is what Vancouver wants, they have some other prospects in Jersey that might make this happen.

6 minutes ago, Nave said:

Yeah that's what I was referring to. He still wins more puck battles than not going against big defensemen much of the time. Maybe I was being too hyperbolic, but it's an interesting stat and I wouldn't have guessed. 
To Rekker's point though, it's weird that Matthews is #2. 

Some players (Matthews for one) choose their puck battles, when it’s to their advantage.  

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

I agree with you, I think there’s something to this rumour , your standpoint is what the Devils are saying, mine is what Vancouver wants, they have some other prospects in Jersey that might make this happen.

I definitely buy that the Devils are interested in Boeser... Boeser with Jack Hughes would be sick. 
They don't really have a sniper that they could pair with Hughes, other than some guys that are in the system and not ready to be called up yet. 
They'd probably pay a lot to get Boeser. As a Devils fan 2nd and a Canucks fan 1st, I would love to see it. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Some players (Matthews for one) choose their puck battles, when it’s to their advantage.  

Yeah that makes sense. I definitely remembered the graph wrong--thought it was board battles and not puck battles, and thought Boeser was top 10 not top 15. Still pretty interesting though. Boeser is definitely an opportunistic player. 

• Like 1

I would offer Boeser 6m x 6yrs. Would take him to his age 30/31 season then be a UFA who could still cash in a high salary short to mid term contract if he does become a 40g scorer and nears ppg and relatively injury free for the above contract I proposed

• Like 1