The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree and I don't think NJ is a great partner for that reason.  I could see him moving on a hockey deal, maybe the Avs straight across for Sam Girard or Nashville for Philip Myers and a pick....... something like that.

A small left shot defenseman?

Same reason I don’t want Ty Smith from New Jersey.

And Myers doesn’t do nearly enough to move the needle for us.

Id rather swing for the fences with Byram if those are the options on D.

Edited by DeNiro

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

New Jersey is the best trading partner.

Not really interested in the Pens prospects. And I hope JR isn’t just determined to get Kapanen back.

I'd be interested in Kapanen, Hallander and a 2nd as a decent return from Pittsburgh. Kapanen hopefully replaces Boeser somewhat, Hallander is a young former 2nd round center project. The cap savings and potential might be worth it. Would like to get a dman, but if Pittsburgh is the team, I'd be okay with this.

I like Boeser but I root for the team.  If a trade needs to happen, so be it.  I would try to make a bigger deal to shed a player that isn’t working out.

NJ

Boeser + Dickinson for Zacha + Bahl + 2nd

PIT

Boeser + Dickinson for Pettersson//Marino + Hallander + 2nd

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I'd be interested in Kapanen, Hallander and a 2nd as a decent return from Pittsburgh. Kapanen hopefully replaces Boeser somewhat, Hallander is a young former 2nd round center project. The cap savings and potential might be worth it. Would like to get a dman, but if Pittsburgh is the team, I'd be okay with this.

Looks like a whole lot of nothing to me.

Id rather keep Boeser.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Girard is a helluva damn who is already well established in the league.  He knows how to survive and thrive in the NHL.  He's also cost controlled.  It does give you two smaller lhd, but it also makes rathbone expendable.

Myers isn't small and shoots right.  He's a bit of a reclamation project, so they could probably get a pick on top of it

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Gadjovich and Lind are young former 2nd round pick. Both those guys have showed a ton more than Hallander has in the AHL. Hallander is going through waivers next year as I believe he’s eligible and he’s done nothing in the AHL that’s a wasted get in a return. Kapanen is okay and they don’t really have anything great in terms of prospects. Really you’d need a 1rst coming back with Kapanen to have me interested in the Penguins offer. Even still I think I’d try to find a team with better prospects.

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

I like Boeser but I root for the team.  If a trade needs to happen, so be it.  I would try to make a bigger deal to shed a player that isn’t working out.

NJ

Boeser + Dickinson for Zacha + Bahl + 2nd

PIT

Boeser + Dickinson for Pettersson//Marino + Hallander + 2nd

Don't see either team willing to take Dickinson.

Pittsburgh have so few years left with Crosby/Malkin and can't waste cap space on an inefficient contract.  NJD are looking to take the next step and need to add players that bring something rather than just bodies.   If Boeser gets anywhere close to his QO then they would be adding near 10M in salary when both players have combined for only 23 pts at EV so far this season.  

Boeser with 17 pts at EV would be tied 8th among Fs on NJD.  They must really believe he can rebound.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Girard is a helluva damn who is already well established in the league.  He knows how to survive and thrive in the NHL.  He's also cost controlled.  It does give you two smaller lhd, but it also makes rathbone expendable.

Myers isn't small and shoots right.  He's a bit of a reclamation project, so they could probably get a pick on top of it

Why not just keep Rathbone and get something else back? Rathbones trade value isn’t that high we’re better off seeing if he turns out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Gadjovich and Lind are young former 2nd round pick. Both those guys have showed a ton more than Hallander has in the AHL. Hallander is going through waivers next year as I believe he’s eligible and he’s done nothing in the AHL that’s a wasted get in a return. Kapanen is okay and they don’t really have anything great in terms of prospects. Really you’d need a 1rst coming back with Kapanen to have me interested in the Penguins offer. Even still I think I’d try to find a team with better prospects.

You can't ignore that Boeser has a 7.5M QO and it's not like he's having a great season either.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Looks like a whole lot of nothing to me.

Id rather keep Boeser.

I'd rather keep Boeser as well, but how do we fit his potential 7+ million cap hit?

Kapanen plays a solid 2 way game and offensively hasn't been far off what Boeser has done so far this season. Probably could be had for a Garland type contract.

Hallander is just a center project because we lack center prospect depth. And a 2nd is something we could use to build back more prospect depth or use as an asset to add something in the off-season.

Don't think it's really nothing when there's a consideration for cap as well.

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Why not just keep Rathbone and get something else back? Rathbones trade value isn’t that high we’re better off seeing if he turns out.

because Girard is an established dman in the NHL, we know what he is and we know he can be an impact player, and he's only a year older than Rathbone.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

because Girard is an established dman in the NHL, we know what he is and we know he can be an impact player, and he's only a year older than Rathbone.  

He’s a 5’10” 170 lbs LHD that’s good for about 30-35 points a year. Sure he’s established but I just think having Hughes already we should stay away from more small dmen. Especially if they’re not point producers otherwise we’ll get pummelled in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He’s a 5’10” 170 lbs LHD that’s good for about 30-35 points a year. Sure he’s established but I just think having Hughes already we should stay away from more small dmen. Especially if they’re not point producers otherwise we’ll get pummelled in the playoffs.

he's got 143 points in 326 games, as a 23 year old.  He's pretty low risk

9 minutes ago, mll said:

You can't ignore that Boeser has a 7.5M QO and it's not like he's having a great season either.

I’m not totally shutting out the idea of the Pens but for me I think it would need to start with Boeser for Kapanen and a 1rst. Hallander should have less value than Gadjovich and Lind did this year and one of them passed through waivers. Also I think Boeser is a bit more proven to the point that it shouldn’t be more than a 2nd round add on the penguins side.

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

he's got 143 points in 326 games, as a 23 year old.  He's pretty low risk

Which is a career average of a 35 point pace playing for one of the highest scoring teams. Look Sam Girard is a fine dman and I have nothing against him just like I said with Hughes on the team already we don’t need more guys that size. Especially ones that don’t rack up the points. Rather target a guy like Severson or Dumba they better targets for us then Girard and likely cost just as much.

Edited by flickyoursedin

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Aren’t you worried about his multiple concussions? I would have loved to have drafted Byram but he may be damaged goods now.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Which is a career average of a 35 point pace playing for one of the highest scoring teams. Look Sam Girard is a fine dman and I have nothing against him just like I said with Hughes on the team already we don’t need more guys that size. Especially ones that don’t rack up the points.

I'd have zero issues with a 35 point, 23 year old dman who is getting better every year.  

14 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Aren’t you worried about his multiple concussions? I would have loved to have drafted Byram but he may be damaged goods now.

I am worried however at the same time without the concussions you’d never have a chance to get a player like Byram in a trade. This could be like stealing a Drew Doughty before he got going because the team really wanted to buy the best player on the market and win a cup. I’d risk it and have him be the highlight in a package back.