The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kane already cleared waivers.  He's playing in the AHL right now.

Ah damn. Career going down the toilet. Nobody wanted him for free. I can’t imagine if he was on waivers and no team picked him up, why would they give assets away to get him now? 

• Cheers 1

Kane is in Covid protocol,.  He and 2 others tested positive on the AHL barracudas (10 days)

from what I’ve read he had a rough go of it for a week but is feeling better and training again, not far from returning.

His divorce case continues on Jan 18th,  he was given custody of his child the last time he was in court,  and his wife was ordered to stay off social media because of lies she was perpetrating..   a lot of those believed by posters here.

It seems the Oilers are interested in him.

Im sure all of those who don’t want him on their team will be much happier booing and hissing him as he helps his team win.

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Ah damn. Career going down the toilet. Nobody wanted him for free. I can’t imagine if he was on waivers and no team picked him up, why would they give assets away to get him now? 

If a player is claimed off waivers the team getting him has to pay the full salary.  If Kane is traded the Sharks have said (rumored) they will retain 50%.  There was no chance Kane was getting claimed.  He could be had at 50% retention and with likely a pick as added sugar.  No one wants the problems that come with him though. 

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Kane is in Covid protocol,.  He and 2 others tested positive on the AHL barracudas (10 days)

from what I’ve read he had a rough go of it for a week but is feeling better and training again, not far from returning.

His divorce case continues on Jan 18th,  he was given custody of his child the last time he was in court,  and his wife was ordered to stay off social media because of lies she was perpetrating..   a lot of those believed by posters here.

Im sure all of those who don’t want him on their team will be much happier booing and hissing him as he helps his team win.

Yeah, I'm sure going to the Oilers who have a captain with severe character issues will be a great fit.  Kane doesn't help anyone win, so I hope this happens. 

Edited by King Heffy

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If a player is claimed off waivers the team getting him has to pay the full salary.  If Kane is traded the Sharks have said (rumored) they will retain 50%.  There was no chance Kane was getting claimed.  He could be had at 50% retention and with likely a pick as added sugar.  No one wants the problems that come with him though. 

Yeah. For sure, i can understand that he’s definitely got baggage. But I think the temptation to come back home where he’s got familiarity because it’s home, he’s got family (there’s support), he could actually turn things around career wise for himself, and would be of benefit to the team. If he doesn’t turn things around, well, he can just be on waivers again, or be sent down to Abbotsford to play there. The only issue with him is, if there is solid enough leadership in the dressing room. There is risk he can poison the room. We’ve seen it happen with this team earlier in the season. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. For sure, i can understand that he’s definitely got baggage. But I think the temptation to come back home where he’s got familiarity because it’s home, he’s got family (there’s support), he could actually turn things around career wise for himself, and would be of benefit to the team. If he doesn’t turn things around, well, he can just be on waivers again, or be sent down to Abbotsford to play there. The only issue with him is, if there is solid enough leadership in the dressing room. There is risk he can poison the room. We’ve seen it happen with this team earlier in the season. 

Do you really want him poisoning Abbotsford's room, and wasting a couple of million in dead cap to do so?

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don't see why SJS would add a pick.  The buyout cap hit is pretty much the same as 50% retention next season.  It drops the season after and is back up in year 3 but by then the cap will have gone up by 2x 1M.   Not sure Wilson will be looking that far out either.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Don't see why SJS would add a pick.  The buyout cap hit is pretty much the same as 50% retention next season.  It drops the season after and is back up in year 3 but by then the cap will have gone up by 2x 1M.   Not sure Wilson will be looking that far out either.

To get out of it sooner and avoid causing further long term damage.  This is coming from the point of a view of a guy who's fundamentally opposed to any long-term dead cap though.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

To get out of it sooner and avoid causing further long term damage.  This is coming from the point of a view of a guy who's fundamentally opposed to any long-term dead cap though.

They can just tell him to stay home - NYR did that with DeAngelo.  

33 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The oilers need a goaltender and quality 3rd line C and 3rd and 4th line LWs as well as a top4 and bottom 6 D worth the minutes.

Kane for them wouldn't solve anything

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

The oilers need a goaltender and quality 3rd line C and 3rd and 4th line LWs as well as a top4 and bottom 6 D worth the minutes.

Kane for them wouldn't solve anything

I think if they did grab Kane,.  There would be some serious multitasking by Holland to address as many issues his team may have.

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Do you really want him poisoning Abbotsford's room, and wasting a couple of million in dead cap to do so?

No, obviously not. Then just waive him. No loss there. 

But I have to think, given the chance to come home, he'd love to, and it could help him clean up his act. 

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think if they did grab Kane,.  There would be some serious multitasking by Holland to address as many issues his team may have.

Great, how often do you see teams get a starting goalie, backup goalie, and 4 defensemen in the middle of the season?