The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

Ebbet  12 pts, +1 in 46 NHL games with the Canucks.

Schroeder 15 pts, -7 in 56 NHL games with the Canucks.

24 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Those are some long lost names ::DEbbet is one of the most hated Canucks I'd say. For good reason.

We had a fighter in those years too. Not Rypin. After him. Can't remember his name though 

I don't really get the "hate" for plugs and pylons on any team. It's not like they rolled into town and held a GM at gunpoint in order to get a contract and a roster spot. If the player plays poorly (which might be their best effort), then replace them with a different plug, or a prospect, or the team mascot. If the team can't (or won't) replace them for whatever reason(s), then the fault is with the team (GM/coach) and not the player. 

regards,  G.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EliasBoeser said:

When is this buffoon going to get fired.. here I am am hoping we lose.. get it over with.

I feel like it’s going to take 7 or 8 more “frustrating nights” before Aquilini gets off his cannoli and does something.

• Cheers 1

OEL on pace for the worst season statistically of his career. And he played it entirely in Arizona…

If ownership can’t see that it’s a coaching problem they’re not qualified to own a team. Literally every D man that comes here plays worse and then rejuvenates their career when they leave.

The acceptance of mediocrity really is astounding.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

OEL on pace for the worst season of his career. And he played it entirely in Arizona…

If ownership can’t see that it’s a coaching problem they’re not qualified to own a team. Literally every D man that comes here plays worse and then rejuvenates their career when they leave.

The acceptance of mediocrity really is astounding.

Having the worst season of your career is not mediocrity.

Ownership accepts terrible hockey, just like how they accept terrible construction on their developments. I've worked on Aquilini jobs as a sub, gong show...

As long as people keep buying tickets he doesn't care.

• Cheers 1

Don't know what ownerships obsession with waiting till the offseason to make changes is. If you fired Green at the last homestead the season could still be salvageable. And good candidates don't wait to be hired according to your timelines wanting to keep things at a clean cutoff. They are plucked asap (I.e Gorton) because you are competing against potentiallu 31 other teams also looking to hire. You gotta be flexible and jump right away.

SMH. Another lost season.

Edited by DSVII

7 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I’m sure if we just stay the course, Green will get the Canucks back to his career average win percentage of .450 hockey. No wonder Elliot Friedman thinks other teams are clamouring to hire Green.

For many reasons it was a fail here, but Green is the type of coach you will see pop up elsewhere and be successful. Maybe he will figure some things out, reflect on his Vancouver experience and be better for it. 

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

Don't know what ownerships obsession with waiting till the offseason to make changes is. If you fired Green at the last homestead the season could still be salvageable. And good candidates don't wait to be hired according to your timelines wanting to keep things at a clean cutoff. They are plucked asap (I.e Gorton) because you are competing against potentiallu 31 other teams also looking to hire. You gotta be flexible and jump right away.

SMH. Another lost season.

While I agree with your points that waiting is a failed avenue to go down, I think the organization is more information gathering and inquiring vs simply waiting and missing out. I see a resolution on our current leaders soon, but feel interim labels may be applied until replacements can be finalized. But like them or not Green and Benning have given years to this organization and city and deserve to be treated properly not just dangling in the wind as lame ducks.

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

For many reasons it was a fail here, but Green is the type of coach you will see pop up elsewhere and be successful. Maybe he will figure some things out, reflect on his Vancouver experience and be better for it. 

Because he isn’t the sole reason we suck. 

Benning the mix of players the type of players 

are keys to the failures here the lack of direction and identity have been well discussed since his second year here. 

Between Jb and green they’ve made this a place players don’t want to be Schmidt wanted out  edler tanev both offered contracts and left for free agency. 

firing green is like cutting the top off a weed it looks better for a couple days but the root is still there and quickly grow back. 

jb/FA are the root. 

14 minutes ago, combover said:

Because he isn’t the sole reason we suck. 

Benning the mix of players the type of players 

are keys to the failures here the lack of direction and identity have been well discussed since his second year here. 

Between Jb and green they’ve made this a place players don’t want to be Schmidt wanted out  edler tanev both offered contracts and left for free agency. 

firing green is like cutting the top off a weed it looks better for a couple days but the root is still there and quickly grow back. 

jb/FA are the root. 

Most of the players that we have on this team recently look like analytics signings. The Poolmans, Pearsons and Dickensons all passed the analytics tests. That's what we have here.

Someone sold Benning on analytics instead of just finding known quantities like the Sutters and Prusts.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Two wins in a row, 6-7 solid games in a row and this thread is already toxic, 9 hours before puck drop.  Calling players trash, hoping for a Pit win, hoping for people to be fired.......what a disgusting "fan" base.

C'mon mods, how about we make this place palatable for reasonable people

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Two wins in a row, 6-7 solid games in a row and this thread is already toxic, 9 hours before puck drop.  Calling players trash, hoping for a Pit win, hoping for people to be fired.......what a disgusting "fan" base.

I don’t know about “solid” games. A lot more missed opportunities to get points.

As for things being toxic you can thank ownership for that. Not being able to communicate some sort of plan to fans leaves them feeling frustrated. People have handed out hard earned dollars to these owners and are owed at the very least an insight into what’s next.

Censoring negativity won’t make it go away.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Pretty rough crowd for a Aquilini owned forum ;) Aquaman owns this forum.

• Wat 1

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Pretty rough crowd for a Aquilini owned forum ;) Aquaman owns this forum.

Aquilini would actually do himself a favour visiting this forum because right now he seems pretty out of touch with his fans.

Also seeing opinions that aren’t coming from yes men might do him some good.

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

half the mods and admins here have devolved into the same thing, there won't be any help coming from that direction.

hell, even vintage has turned into a sullen, bitter, marvin of a robot instead of the usual chipper ai we're used to. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What do you want the mods to do exactly? Censor every negative comment?

Sounds like you’d be right at home in a communist regime. :lol:

The rudeness, snark and hyperbole could be weeded out a bit. Anyone who's saying that Benning is the worst GM in the league and in Mike Millbury territory should get a slap. But all in all, its probably fine. We are in a rut. Tensions are high

Edited by MaxVerstappen33